District 12 A-AA

eastsoccer20

The higher seed gets to host the first round.

stop talking about the stupid feilds. I think if you are so good then you should be able to play on any field. Its tourny time we usually get to play on good fields anyways.watch out for #!0 hes /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stop talking about the stupid feilds. I think if you are so good then you should be able to play on any field. Its tourny time we usually get to play on good fields anyways.watch out for #!0 hes /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The higher seed gets to host the first round.

I understand the higher seed gets to host the 1st round.

My question was/is..how do you give Zion the #4 seed and the opportunity to host a a first round game against a #5 seed to Giles County.

They both finished with a 5-3 record and Giles County beat Zion 1-0 head to head. Sounds like GCHS got the shaft on that one. Sounds like GCHS should be the #4 and hosting #5 Zion.

I understand the higher seed gets to host the 1st round.

My question was/is..how do you give Zion the #4 seed and the opportunity to host a a first round game against a #5 seed to Giles County.

They both finished with a 5-3 record and Giles County beat Zion 1-0 head to head. Sounds like GCHS got the shaft on that one. Sounds like GCHS should be the #4 and hosting #5 Zion.

Sounds like there was a mistake.. However I think Giles will still play well enough to the W... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sounds like there was a mistake.. However I think Giles will still play well enough to the W... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The seeding for the 3, 4, and 5 spots were determined by a three way tie. It can get confusing! The pt system determined that HC (4-2-2), Zion (5-3) and Giles (5-3) all had pts of 10. So, a three way tie occured. Head to head tie-breaker was null and void in this situation because HC beat Giles, who beat Zion, who beat HC! Head Ache, huh! So, the next step in breaking a tie is record vs. higher seeds. All three schools lost to EH, but HC tied CA, so HC is third. Zion beat HC, who is the third seed, so Zion is 4th and Giles is 5th because they lost to HC. I know that may have been confusing, but to my knowledge, thats how it worked out!

The seeding for the 3, 4, and 5 spots were determined by a three way tie. It can get confusing! The pt system determined that HC (4-2-2), Zion (5-3) and Giles (5-3) all had pts of 10. So, a three way tie occured. Head to head tie-breaker was null and void in this situation because HC beat Giles, who beat Zion, who beat HC! Head Ache, huh! So, the next step in breaking a tie is record vs. higher seeds. All three schools lost to EH, but HC tied CA, so HC is third. Zion beat HC, who is the third seed, so Zion is 4th and Giles is 5th because they lost to HC. I know that may have been confusing, but to my knowledge, thats how it worked out!

OH, I understand....that's exactly how I thought they determined it.......HA /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Sounds Plausible... However I smell BCS difficulties..haha... that's a joke in case someone takes that seriously.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know we are not even done with the district tournament but what about next year?????

What teams leave the district and who do we add?....I hear their will be some changes. I hear CA will not be with us....is that true?

E.Hickman #1 seed this year....what do you lose?

As you know this has been a rebuilding year for GCHS. They won the region the last two years and played with only 3 senior starters and 2 juniors, very young team. The leading scorer was a freshman (Clay Whetsel) and second in scoring was a sophomore (Randall Brown). You could pretty much say that the 12 main players this year were 3 seniors, 2 juniors, 5 sophomores, and 2 freshman. Should be stronger next year but do lose a solid goalie that is leaving to play at Martin Methodist (Nic Oliver). GCHS will however lose their Coach who is going to play professionally in the women's Icelandic League. Next year will be GCHS 4th coach in 5 years. Any strong assistants looking for a job??

Interested in knowing what the rest of you will have next year.

I know we are not even done with the district tournament but what about next year?????

What teams leave the district and who do we add?....I hear their will be some changes. I hear CA will not be with us....is that true?

E.Hickman #1 seed this year....what do you lose?

As you know this has been a rebuilding year for GCHS. They won the region the last two years and played with only 3 senior starters and 2 juniors, very young team. The leading scorer was a freshman (Clay Whetsel) and second in scoring was a sophomore (Randall Brown). You could pretty much say that the 12 main players this year were 3 seniors, 2 juniors, 5 sophomores, and 2 freshman. Should be stronger next year but do lose a solid goalie that is leaving to play at Martin Methodist (Nic Oliver). GCHS will however lose their Coach who is going to play professionally in the women's Icelandic League. Next year will be GCHS 4th coach in 5 years. Any strong assistants looking for a job??

Interested in knowing what the rest of you will have next year.

E. Hickman has 8 Seniors, Hickman Has 5 Seniors. I beleive all of these seniors are starters. Not sure about CA or the rest of the district. Zion will be leaving the district and we will be adding Fairview ans Spring Hill for a total of ten teams next year. Coaching changes every year negatively affects any team including good teams.