Opinions Of Page High

Guest patriot03

Guest patriot03

First of all i want to give trousdale a pat on the back. They came out strong and did what they had to do to win. Congratulations. Now on to my thoughts. I think Page is the best team this year. They have so much talent but not the coaching smarts to take them where they could be. QB Jared Elliot is by far a great QB and definently Div 1 college football material. He has a great arm and can place the ball on a dime, and hes only a Jr. They also have great recievers which can catch jareds passes. I was a little disgusted how page did not open the passing game as much as they should. I know coach bennet loves his running game but what he has this year is a great passing game with a good running game. Their running back Travis Pope has great potential but im sorry at 6 plus feet you cannot run the ball straight up. He has so much power and if he would learn to get low just enough to get through the main line he could gain more yards. i mean come on anyone can see a 6 ft running back running straight up which makes him so vulnerable. i blame this alone on the coaches. overall i would give the players a B and the coaches a C. This loss was the coaches fault. They have so much talent but if you dont use it and dont have the balls to tell a player to do it different then there is a problem.

I say you guys should probably choose words a little more carefully. I think Coach Bennett is a great coach. He turned around one of the worst programs in Middle Tennessee and has assembled a staff made of other great coaches who've proved their worth over the years around the county. He knows when to pass and when to run, trust me. He ran the ball when he had Chris Polk and Jason Ballard with a big, physical line. When he had the senior leadership under center, via Jared Walker, he passed more often. When JG came around, he used him on the option to stretch the defense laterally and exploit his quickness. Coach Bennett knows what he's doing. He wouldn't be at the helm of a pretty decent program if he didn't.

Oh, by the way. I'm a Centennial fan/alumni, so there is no bias in this post. If anything, I should hate Coach Bennett for beating me all throughout high school. But he's a good coach and a good guy. And he knows how to use his players.

Guest BADBLUE

IF I'M READING THE POST CORRECTLY ,I DONOT SEE ANYTHING PERSONAL AGAINST COACH BENNETT.FURTHERMORE SINCE YOU ARE NOT A PAGE FAN,YOU HAVE NO REAL ARGUMENT.SECOND DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAL WHAT WENT DOWN WITH JASON BALLARD. I SUGGEST YOU ASK SOMEBODY.SOMETHING TO DO WITH A RUSHING RECORD.REMEMBER YOU BROUGHT THE PAST UP.

There's no point in "reading the post correctly." I wrote it, so I can clear it up for you. I never said anyone was personally attacing coach Bennett. I said he knows how to use his players because the previous posts expressed dissapointment with the lack of a passing attack. I was simply stating that you need to have faith in the man becuase he's a winner and will get the job done. Secondly, what does a rushing record have to do with anything? I was stating that Ballard was part of a run heavy attack. Third, I am not a Page person, but I did go to Page Middle and have had many friends go through the program and have conversed with Coach Bennett for the past few years. I played against them for four years and have followed them before and since then. So it has nothing to do with whether or not I am a Page person, per say. All the things I stated were accurate and true. Period.

Guest Gameplanman
Posted by patriot03:

First of all i want to give trousdale a pat on the back. They came out strong and did what they had to do to win. Congratulations. Now on to my thoughts. I think Page is the best team this year. They have so much talent but not the coaching smarts to take them where they could be. QB Jared Elliot is by far a great QB and definently Div 1 college football material. He has a great arm and can place the ball on a dime, and hes only a Jr. They also have great recievers which can catch jareds passes. I was a little disgusted how page did not open the passing game as much as they should. I know coach bennet loves his running game but what he has this year is a great passing game with a good running game. Their running back Travis Pope has great potential but im sorry at 6 plus feet you cannot run the ball straight up. He has so much power and if he would learn to get low just enough to get through the main line he could gain more yards. i mean come on anyone can see a 6 ft running back running straight up which makes him so vulnerable. i blame this alone on the coaches. overall i would give the players a B and the coaches a C. This loss was the coaches fault. They have so much talent but if you dont use it and dont have the balls to tell a player to do it different then there is a problem.

I totally agree with your opinion. Simply because Page needs yo establish some type of game on the ground. Without some sort of running this team won't go anywhere far except to the first round where they always lose. However I don't fault the team or any players like you did. Teh Coaches need to see who there talent is and use those key players at the key positions.

Guest BADBLUE

WHAT DOES JASON BALLARD AND A RECORD HAVE TO DO WITH IT? THAT'S A GOOD HONEST QUESTION.BUT I WILL NOT GO INTO ALL THE DETAILS, FOR IT WILL BE A BIG EMBARRASSMENT TO PAGE.BUT FOR A COACH TO ALLOW THIS IN MY OPINION IS NOT A VERY GOOD COACH. AS OF 10:40PM BADBLUE WILL NOT BE HAVING ANYMORE OPINIONS ON THIS SUBJECT. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AREA HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAMS, ESPECIALLY PAGE HIGH SCHOOL AND JACKIE BENNET!!!! APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE OR FRIEND I MAY HAVE OFFENDED.

Patriot03 You are obviously close to the Page program and since you talk about having balls why don't you go out and tell the Page coaches what you think about them in Person. Instead of posting on a board. And again you need to read my post on the Page vs. Trousdale thread. You are an idiot and have NO clue as to what went on Friday.

Could somebody please explain the Ballard thing. I saw him not to long ago during the summer at page so I know theirs no hard feelings. If you could, please explain. Email me if you like. jsports38@mindspring.com also, its not all the coaches fault (it is a small bit yes, but its all our faults not just theirs). I can tell you that first hand.