Wrestling will never be the Same... Thanks Ronnie

bigblu1

Public- Private. Fight for a chance to get in- given the opportunity. Ronnie Carter was one of the men to decide that the TSSAA would split up the private and public schools. And because of this he should be ashamed. Mr. Carter was honored before the national anthem at the State Wrestling Tournament yesterday. To see all the private schools standing up and clapping for him shows just how clueless these people are. Do they not remember the REAL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP where you had to fight in your region through a whole tournament in fact, to get the opportunity to wrestle in the State tournament. I was with a man who sat down when they announced roddie's name. While he should not have done that MR. Carter still doesn't deserve a standing ovation. The public schools wanted to be split from the private because they do not get the same opportunities that the private schools get such as, coaches, money, venues etc. but Ronnie should have kept them equal. How great would it be to see the divisions reuntied in one great tournament. Where you have to place in your region to compete for the state titled. Where rankings arnt given to you based on your record that year. YOu have to earn your ranking. Ronnie should have shown more backbone to the public schools. I just wish our kids would have the same opportunities we had when we were in highschool. I'm disgusted. You should never be given something straight up, you should earn it. In my book there are no State champions, only Division champions and those division champions can thank Mr. Ronnie Carter for that.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know who you are, but you have lost your collective mind.

TSSAA is there to serve the members of its association in accordance with the board of control. I dont think RC or anyone wanted to split the tournament. You had two different constituencies to serve and he did just that. Were either happy? No. But they got what they wanted. TSSAA wasnt there to force public schools this way or private schools that way, only to serve.

Kudos to RC and his staff for being the stabilizing force throughout the turmoil. With a lesser man at the helm, this thing would have exploded into pieces and who knows what it would have looked like.

Ronnie will be missed, in a lot of ways.

Bernard will be there, and Mark Reeves is a great, great addition.

Ronnie Carter has done a tremendous job for atheletics in TN. He has served on many national boards making decisions that strengthen high school sports across the nation. There are always going to be decisions that someone will disagree with......... but opinions vary. But there is one thing that is true.........................

the view is always perfect from the cheap seats.

if you disagree get in the fight.

Will you Ronnie Carter groupies please tell me one thing, specifically, he has done to improve high school sports in Tenn. Please don't tell me he served on boards and commissions. They accomplish nothing.

The state football championship games, formerly The Clinic Bowl, used to be put on by volunteers with the proceeds going to Children's Hospital. Ronnie Carter Carter and TSSAA took over the games and now the proceeds go to line the pockets of the lazy-###### TSSAA workers. Money taken from sick children.

How old is RC? Can anyone provide a link to the TSSAA budget. As a state agency, this should be public information.

This is all I need to know about Ronnie Carter, mister bigblu.

In my years of toil amongst the "unwashed masses" in our public schools, I have had the privilege of working with some kids who were not so privileged. Sometimes in the process of moving from a less suitable life situation to a better one, they have had to make moves that resulted in their ineligibility according to the established state criteria.

There are three kids in particular for whom I have had to attain hardships. Each time I submitted a hardship request, Ronnie spent extended amounts of time on the phone with me to make sure that my paperwork was correct and that these kids, who were trying to have better lives, got to be a part of the best thing a young man (or woman-thank you Ronnie) could be a part of. All three of those men have grown up to be fine human beings who are giving back to the sport and the world. Ronnie Carter is responsible for helping them get a new start. I will be forever grateful to him for that.

And as for your tired old, D I/D II school rant, get over it. That horse is beyond dead. It is a pile of dust that is impossible to even kick anymore.

Or better yet, come and get a coaching job at a small, struggling public high school in a remote county in East Tennessee, or any place in the state for that matter. But until then, wash your ragged old crying towel and find something new to cry about and someone else to blame for a situation that had its genesis in people with your very mentality.

Ronnie, thanks for all you have done to help me and my kids.

And as for your tired old, D I/D II school rant, get over it. That horse is beyond dead. It is a pile of dust that is impossible to even kick anymore.

Love this line. Wish we could tatoo it on everyones forehead so the could review it in the mirror every day. Add the BC/Baylor why wont they wrestle one to it as well.

This is all I need to know about Ronnie Carter, mister bigblu.

In my years of toil amongst the "unwashed masses" in our public schools, I have had the privilege of working with some kids who were not so privileged. Sometimes in the process of moving from a less suitable life situation to a better one, they have had to make moves that resulted in their ineligibility according to the established state criteria.

There are three kids in particular for whom I have had to attain hardships. Each time I submitted a hardship request, Ronnie spent extended amounts of time on the phone with me to make sure that my paperwork was correct and that these kids, who were trying to have better lives, got to be a part of the best thing a young man (or woman-thank you Ronnie) could be a part of. All three of those men have grown up to be fine human beings who are giving back to the sport and the world. Ronnie Carter is responsible for helping them get a new start. I will be forever grateful to him for that.

Or better yet, come and get a coaching job at a small, struggling public high school in a remote county in East Tennessee, or any place in the state for that matter. But until then, wash your ragged old crying towel and find something new to cry about and someone else to blame for a situation that had its genesis in people with your very mentality.

Ronnie, thanks for all you have done to help me and my kids.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just add one more week with a grand finale pairing up the top three in each division and I'll be happy. Let those who want to pick things a part excuse themselves.

Will you Ronnie Carter groupies please tell me one thing, specifically, he has done to improve high school sports in Tenn. Please don't tell me he served on boards and commissions. They accomplish nothing.

The state football championship games, formerly The Clinic Bowl, used to be put on by volunteers with the proceeds going to Children's Hospital. Ronnie Carter Carter and TSSAA took over the games and now the proceeds go to line the pockets of the lazy-###### TSSAA workers. Money taken from sick children.

How old is RC? Can anyone provide a link to the TSSAA budget. As a state agency, this should be public information.

I'm certainly no Ronnie Carter groupie, and I can't speak of The Clinic Bowl situation. But I would like to address your last lines. And I certainly mean nothing personal by it.

First off, I have no idea how old the man is.

The TSSAA is a private, non-profit organization, not a state agency. It establishes guidelines, rules, and regulations for its members. Membership in the TSSAA is strictly voluntary. No school is required to be a member, and member schools are certainly free to compete against non-member schools. Any one of us who believes he/she can do a better job of organizing high school sports in Tennessee is perfectly capable of establishing a competing organization. Just write a few dozen rule books, and make presentations to nearly 400 high schools around the state.

The TSSAA is far from perfect, and there is more than enough room for improvement. But when compared to other states' organizations, it is a standard bearer. And can you imagine what it would be like if it were a government-run agency?

Yes but while he was in he didnt have enough common sense to have double elims at state.

This is the only carry through tournament in TN all year.

And with jacked up brackets to boot I hope RC doesnt spend some of his retirement traveling near any Norte Dame trailor parks where BCB can get a good line of sight on him /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

TSSAA workers get state benefits and state retirement plans. Why won't they disclose their budget? What do they have to hide? Maybe some excessive spending. I've heard their budget is millions of dollars.

If you are enrolled in school, you should be eligible to play sports. TSSAA creates a separate set of eligibility rules for sports. They do that to create a job for themselves. The "waivers" of their own rule are highly subjective.