Murphy PLEASE?

ELA

Murphy Fair... PLEASE call your publisher and get the book in the mail! I know you must be getting thousands of calls each day about this delay (third year), but it's killing some of us who live for you book! I'm already in preperation for week three and still no book. What is a football coach to do? You know I have always been a big supporter of your publications, but your publisher is really hurting all of us who depend on your book and the information. :)

... YOU, a COACH are dependent on this book?...

... maybe you need to re-evaluate your scouting procedures, as this booklet basically just "parrots" the information that various coaches send in...

... BTW, I have read the "book" since its inception and don't find it particularly relevant OR accurate... :)

Posted by goosevol:

I like you ELA, but watch film instead of reading the book. Heck, y'all didn't need the book this weekend against my boys from Oakdale. Good luck down the road.

Come on folks... you can't read between the lines and tell it's a joke?

On the serious side, we do use the book to pick up on some stats and information about teams you can't get off video. The more information you have, the better prepared you are for the season! Good coaches will collect newspaper clippings, previous year's football programs, Internet based articles, and almost any other publication available! Almost every coach in the state uses the book for various reasons. I really do enjoy reading Murphy's book just like 95% of you football fanatics; otherwise, you wouldn't spend all day on this web-site!

NOTE: Oakdale didn't want to trade tape, so that was a mute point! :)

[Edited by ELA on 9-2-02 9:22A]