District 3aa

bmunich

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody said they were a threat. Just they would finish in the top half of a bad district.

No particular names on the Seymour team that standout. Graduated key players last year for sure.

Will be intersting to see how it all plays out. I see Seymour finishing Below Alcoa and Carter for sure. It will be a race for third among Berean, Gibbs, and Seymour. I give Seymour the edge among those 3 from a talent standpoint.

But like I read in another topic this district will be about the team that wants it more on the night the game is played.

Gibbs is going to have a very strong team this year. They have a strong defense as well as a very good experienced forward. Their mid-field will continue to get better, and by the end of the season will be very strong. Look for them to get the #1 seed in district tourny

Gibbs better have vastly improved from last year if they want to finish in the top 4 of the district.

I know Carter graduated a little last year behind Sherrod two in particular, but any freshman coming in to help out? It is looking like Alcoa (not played high quality teams, but getting good results) and Seymour (mixed results thus far problem have got people scratching their heads) are off to good starts in the preseason. Can anyone post about Gibbs or Berean any new or impact players?

Well I know for sure that Berean graduated two impact players, but they have a new freshman that will really surprise some people. Then they have four seniors that are quite impressive. Berean should be a pretty good team again this year.

All I have heard about Gibbs is that they recieved new students in from the rezoning, and they were able to get quite a few new players. thats all have heard from them.

Well I know for sure that Berean graduated two impact players, but they have a new freshman that will really surprise some people. Then they have four seniors that are quite impressive. Berean should be a pretty good team again this year.

All I have heard about Gibbs is that they recieved new students in from the rezoning, and they were able to get quite a few new players. thats all have heard from them.

Any results from Berean Scrimmages?

I don't see Berean being in the hunt at this point, and I feel last year was a fluke. My reasoning is no one took them seriously, and now the coaches will have their kids ready to play. To go with that Alcoa and Seymour I know go about 13 or 14 deep. Not sure about Carter? Gibbs rebuilding, Berean is just building it is a process.

Also they have more of a home field advantage than Pigeon Forge. Very small field and is a soccer only field with a crown bigger than any football field I have seen and hard as concrete.

Gibbs and Berean should be a good match-ups...

1st in the district should go to Alcoa, Carter, or Seymour.

Last two years it has been Alcoa and Seymour battling it out. Alcoa on top in the end. Both games very compitive.

Really ref???? I have heard a lot of good things about Berean, and a few games last year caught my eye. I believe they lost to Seymour by only one last year, of course Carlos (a.k.a. Seymour's only offense besides Spencer) scored two of them. They lost to Alcoa by only 1 the first time...and the second time they lost a battle to Alcoa in double ot. Now I believe that I am properly educated enough to say that that season wasn't a fluke, and I definitely understand that none of the teams in this district want to be beaten by a small private school with only a little over a hundred students. By the way, coaches have 90 minutes to get their team organized on the field...if they didn't take Berean seriously in the first ten minutes, don't you think they could make a change in the next 80 minutes ref??? I honestly am not sure how they will do this year, but I gotta say that they made a lot of noise last year. Good teams shouldnt try to blame a loss on not being prepared.

Really ref???? I have heard a lot of good things about Berean, and a few games last year caught my eye. I believe they lost to Seymour by only one last year, of course Carlos (a.k.a. Seymour's only offense besides Spencer) scored two of them. They lost to Alcoa by only 1 the first time...and the second time they lost a battle to Alcoa in double ot. Now I believe that I am properly educated enough to say that that season wasn't a fluke, and I definitely understand that none of the teams in this district want to be beaten by a small private school with only a little over a hundred students. By the way, coaches have 90 minutes to get their team organized on the field...if they didn't take Berean seriously in the first ten minutes, don't you think they could make a change in the next 80 minutes ref??? I honestly am not sure how they will do this year, but I gotta say that they made a lot of noise last year. Good teams shouldnt try to blame a loss on not being prepared.

Where were the Alcoa and Seymour games played at? Not trying to start anything just curious.

You showed me everything i need to highschool soccer is 80 minutes long 1st off 2nd what good teams did they beat last year none in the district they gave teams challanges just no victories over Alcoa, Seymour, or Carter.

Well you are right about one thing Seymour has no offense.....keep telling yourself that

Where were the Alcoa and Seymour games played at? Not trying to start anything just curious.

both at alcoa last year, both at Seymour year before. i think yet therfore i am old....