District 13A vs. District 14A in Regional Tourney

volfan007

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen LC play dirty??

So you didnt see Joseph get thrown to the floor by the tall white kid from Lake County? You didn't see them yanking on Tevin's shorts when he would go up for the dunk? Did you not see the intentional foul? Kinda sounds the same. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So you didnt see Joseph get thrown to the floor by the tall white kid from Lake County? You didn't see them yanking on Tevin's shorts when he would go up for the dunk? Did you not see the intentional foul? Kinda sounds the same. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

NO LISTEN TO ME!!!!! I NO WE HAVE HAD OUR BATTLES BUT I PROMISE YOU LC NOT DOING WHAT SCOTS HILL PLAYERS ARE GOING TO DO!!!!! TELL YOUR PLAYERS TO PROTECT THERE SELF!!!!! THIS IS HARD CORE DIRTY NOT THAT LITTLE OLD STUFF!!!!

No..And You didn't either..Avery got hit in the eye..sometimes that's just how things are and fouls..As far as the intentional.. That should have never been called..Had it been avery trying to block that shot..would have never been called..Had it been Charles Taylor blocking Rafael on a break away..would never been called...The only reason it was called was because it was a shorter man chasing down a taller player and trying to make a play..He never tried to undercut him..he did foul but still went for the ball..Never in a million years should that have been called intentional..I thought as long as you went for the ball..not an intentional foul..Now sometimes..even then..if it's a flagrant or very hard foul ..they will call it..but not on that play..!Humboldt has a lot of height..A tough job trying to block their shots..But not one time has Lake Co played Humboldt dirty as far as under cutting..things like that..Maybe some fouls on layups but Humboldt has done the same as will other teams..But ..as far as you thinking that foul was dirty..I see that play every night..both in high school and in college action and it's a whole lot harder than that play!

No..And You didn't either..Avery got hit in the eye..sometimes that's just how things are and fouls..As far as the intentional.. That should have never been called..Had it been avery trying to block that shot..would have never been called..Had it been Charles Taylor blocking Rafael on a break away..would never been called...The only reason it was called was because it was a shorter man chasing down a taller player and trying to make a play..He never tried to undercut him..he did foul but still went for the ball..Never in a million years should that have been called intentional..I thought as long as you went for the ball..not an intentional foul..Now sometimes..even then..if it's a flagrant or very hard foul ..they will call it..but not on that play..!Humboldt has a lot of height..A tough job trying to block their shots..But not one time has Lake Co played Humboldt dirty as far as under cutting..things like that..Maybe some fouls on layups but Humboldt has done the same as will other teams..But ..as far as you thinking that foul was dirty..I see that play every night..both in high school and in college action and it's a whole lot harder than that play!

When Bledsoe bumped Gordon, that was just a result of Gordon being 5'6 145 and Bledsoe being 6'6 260...It wasn't dirty at all...The intentional foul wasn't dirty either...More out of frustration than anything...I do feel it was intentional because it didn't look like the LC player made a play on the ball...From where I was sitting, it looked like he came from behind and just wrapped the Humboldt player up...

LC and HBT have respect for each other...They'll play hard for 32 minutes but not dirty...

When Bledsoe bumped Gordon, that was just a result of Gordon being 5'6 145 and Bledsoe being 6'6 260...It wasn't dirty at all...The intentional foul wasn't dirty either...More out of frustration than anything...I do feel it was intentional because it didn't look like the LC player made a play on the ball...From where I was sitting, it looked like he came from behind and just wrapped the Humboldt player up...

LC and HBT have respect for each other...They'll play hard for 32 minutes but not dirty...

My bad for taking things differently. Just the way I saw it I guess.

My bad for taking things differently. Just the way I saw it I guess.

I will chime in and say also that I haven't see either team play dirty. I haven't seen anybody look as if they were trying to hurt anyone on the sly or otherwise. I guess maybe I don't understand what constitutes an intentional foul either. I know that in the LC vs UC game there were at least a couple of times where the Falcon player was about to breakaway for a easy layup after a steal and UC grabbed him from behind and held him to prevent him from scoring. I thought that would be considered intentional. It wasn't a dirty play though. I think the players were told if you have a foul to give just hold the guy and don't give up the easy two especially if you are not in the bonus situation. As far as I am concerned too if I was a player and I could grab Taylor or Crayton by the waist and hold them to prevent one of those rim rattling dunks on a breakaway especially, I would do it. That would keep ya'lls crowd out of the game. After a 'boldt dunk you need some of those FAA approved headphones that those guys wear at the airports.....That's a compliment by the way.........if you didn't know now you know. Did Taylor and Crayton play much the previous two years, I don't really remember them....Of course I am pretty old. Just wondering

I will chime in and say also that I haven't see either team play dirty. I haven't seen anybody look as if they were trying to hurt anyone on the sly or otherwise. I guess maybe I don't understand what constitutes an intentional foul either. I know that in the LC vs UC game there were at least a couple of times where the Falcon player was about to breakaway for a easy layup after a steal and UC grabbed him from behind and held him to prevent him from scoring. I thought that would be considered intentional. It wasn't a dirty play though. I think the players were told if you have a foul to give just hold the guy and don't give up the easy two especially if you are not in the bonus situation. As far as I am concerned too if I was a player and I could grab Taylor or Crayton by the waist and hold them to prevent one of those rim rattling dunks on a breakaway especially, I would do it. That would keep ya'lls crowd out of the game. After a 'boldt dunk you need some of those FAA approved headphones that those guys wear at the airports.....That's a compliment by the way.........if you didn't know now you know. Did Taylor and Crayton play much the previous two years, I don't really remember them....Of course I am pretty old. Just wondering

Taylor was the 6 man his sophomore year, started his junior and senior year...Crayton played some his sophomore year, was the 6 man last year, but drastically improved during the offseason and has became Humboldt's best player...