northwest high school

hoghunter757575

Northwest has had a problem with their football program for the past three years. The biggest problem is coach Shrenk. Shrenk is showing his true attributes each year as he has another losing season. Much of the Northwest football staff has left and probaly will go on to bigger and better things. The particular thing to do would be to get rid of coach Shrenk. He is so full of his self. The school has had so much talent the past three years but it has all went to waste. Somebody out there needs to save all of Northwests athletic programs.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northwest has had a problem with their football program for the past three years. The biggest problem is coach Shrenk. Shrenk is showing his true attributes each year as he has another losing season. Much of the Northwest football staff has left and probaly will go on to bigger and better things. The particular thing to do would be to get rid of coach Shrenk. He is so full of his self. The school has had so much talent the past three years but it has all went to waste. Somebody out there needs to save all of Northwests athletic programs.

What exactly is your problem with him? We play NW, and when he took over I wouldn't say that their program was good at all, nor was the coaching staff there strong. I have never felt like NW was a place where football coaches were dying to land. What do you mean that "he is full of himself"? I don't know him, so I am not disputing what you say, I just wondered.

footballking0303,

What planet are you living on!? Northwest has NEVER had a strong program. They have only had a few winning seasons in their entire existence. Why are you putting that on Shrenk? We have scrimmaged them the last few years and I would not say: "The school has had so much talent the last three years." As a matter of fact, I think Shrenk has done as about as well as anyone could expect with the talent he has had. Maybe you should look at a higher level of the school instead of the coach. There is a reason other than one particular coach that NW has NEVER been successful over a period of time. This is just another example of how people get on here and bash coaches. I tell you what: Take about $45,000 of your own hard earned money, go to Austin Peay for the next 5 years, volunteer coach for 1 year at a local high school, go to Dollar General store and buy a $2 whistle, then apply for the NW job, then get your butt out there and take over. Get you a dose of it! Until then, quit bashing individuals who are working hard and TRYING to be successful.

As a former player I have played under shrenk's belt. So unless you have played for him you wouldnt know half the stuff. Coach Stevens took this program and went to numerous playoffs. The man got sick and still was a better coach than sherenk. I believe the athletes we have had the past five years should of took us a long ways. So excuse me for knowing how this guy works, Evidentally he must be a good coach because has won "what" a total of three games since he has been here. Until somebody is actually around him to see how he really treats people then will see what yall say.

Is Shrenk the green guy with the big head? Is Donkey his asst HC?

This is just another example of how people get on here and bash coaches. I tell you what: Take about $45,000 of your own hard earned money, go to Austin Peay for the next 5 years, volunteer coach for 1 year at a local high school, go to Dollar General store and buy a $2 whistle, then apply for the NW job, then get your butt out there and take over. Get you a dose of it! Until then, quit bashing individuals who are working hard and TRYING to be successful.

AMEN....

In his defense, that place is a tough job to work at. Until they bring in 4 to 5 assistants in the building for a head coach, that program will be harmed. Remember, a coach is not as important as an educator. However, a coach that is an educator can make the difference in a students life on and off the field. Don't blame him for wanting to be a head coach. He applied, got it, and is trying. Weither people like him or not, but at least he is there now. The principals made the hire, so look higher on the food chain than Shrenk. He is only as good as his assistant coaches, and there are not many of them there.

In his defense, that place is a tough job to work at. Until they bring in 4 to 5 assistants in the building for a head coach, that program will be harmed. Remember, a coach is not as important as an educator. However, a coach that is an educator can make the difference in a students life on and off the field. Don't blame him for wanting to be a head coach. He applied, got it, and is trying. Weither people like him or not, but at least he is there now. The principals made the hire, so look higher on the food chain than Shrenk. He is only as good as his assistant coaches, and there are not many of them there.

and from what I hear he has lost another one to West Creek.

As a former player I have played under shrenk's belt. So unless you have played for him you wouldnt know half the stuff. Coach Stevens took this program and went to numerous playoffs. The man got sick and still was a better coach than sherenk. I believe the athletes we have had the past five years should of took us a long ways. So excuse me for knowing how this guy works, Evidentally he must be a good coach because has won "what" a total of three games since he has been here. Until somebody is actually around him to see how he really treats people then will see what yall say.

The NW teams we played just before Shrenk got there were MUCH more talented than what he has had to work with. What are you talking about "how he really treats people"?

The NW teams we played just before Shrenk got there were MUCH more talented than what he has had to work with. What are you talking about "how he really treats people"?

Actually the talent when got their was a good as it had ever been. The talent was just not used properly. As you can tell there is not a coach that last more than a year there. Sometimes you have to realize that you just are not a coach. He has gotten rid of coaches that no way more football than he will ever know. Also as you can tell you do not see him helping out any of the kids so they can pursue football. You do not see kids signing on signing to any decent colleges. Also if you go to one of his practices you will see how bad of coach he really is.

Actually the talent when got their was a good as it had ever been. The talent was just not used properly. As you can tell there is not a coach that last more than a year there. Sometimes you have to realize that you just are not a coach. He has gotten rid of coaches that no way more football than he will ever know. Also as you can tell you do not see him helping out any of the kids so they can pursue football. You do not see kids signing on signing to any decent colleges. Also if you go to one of his practices you will see how bad of coach he really is.

I don't know what team you were looking at but the first team that he had that opened up with us had very little talent. They had ONE guy who looked like a player and he was soft. I haven't seen ANYONE in the games against us who would be signing anything with anyone. Are you a player on that team? Are you not satisfied with your playing time?