Pickett vs Clay 2/23

foxylady

Just wondering if anyone knew what happened on the technical foul called on Pickett's

#22 during Q4 of the game last night. I could not tell what was happening.

From what I saw, 2 Pickett players were on the floor and the Clay post sqeezed

thru for the shot. From where I sat was unable to see the foul or the actions

that resulted in the technical. It sure seemed to be the turning point of the game.

Actually I was looking right at it from close up and the two Pickett girls were on the floor when the CC girl drove to the basket. The girl in question, #22, while on the floor, grabbed the CC girl's foot as she was driving and the ref called a foul. Legitimate call. When #22 regained her feet she mumbled something but it was only one word and the ref was too far away to hear what she said but he T'ed her up anyway. Uncalled for IMO. He was just staring at her the entire time she was getting up off the floor as if he wanted her to do something so he could call the technical. It resulted in a seven point trip for CC which turned the entire game. I thought he was just itching to call the tech and that it was not justified but that's just one man's opinion.

Actually I was looking right at it from close up and the two Pickett girls were on the floor when the CC girl drove to the basket. The girl in question, #22, while on the floor, grabbed the CC girl's foot as she was driving and the ref called a foul. Legitimate call. When #22 regained her feet she mumbled something but it was only one word and the ref was too far away to hear what she said but he T'ed her up anyway. Uncalled for IMO. He was just staring at her the entire time she was getting up off the floor as if he wanted her to do something so he could call the technical. It resulted in a seven point trip for CC which turned the entire game. I thought he was just itching to call the tech and that it was not justified but that's just one man's opinion.

The other ref did the same thing when he had made a call that Celina's coach didn't like. He stared her down waiting for a response. That is officials trying to show their power. That's no good. I thought he was going to T her up for shaking her head in disgust.

When the first ref called the foul he should have ran to the table and gave the number, not stand over the top and wait for a response. He was looking to give one. She must have said something though, because after PC coach got explanation he look at her with a little frustration and disappointment. It may have been deserved (don't know, I doubt it), but it wouldn't of happened if he hadn't waited for a response. She might have given him the truth and he didn't like it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

PC losing might be a blessing in disguise, imo, because now they are on the other side of the bracket from Clarkrange. JC is still JC but they are more beatable than Clarkrange. When people from Clarkrange are saying that this is the best C'range team they've ever seen, thats saying something. PC has already beat Friendship, the #1 seed from 8A ,i believe, twice. So they probably have that game, I'm gonna say, then if they can beat JC, which is a tall task in itself. But if they can get by JC, then even if they lose to C'range in the championship of the region, then they can make it back to state for the first time since '89. I know these girls are gonna take one game at a time though.Good luck girls.

Every game I see Pickett County play it's the same old song. The coach whining and crying and staring down the referees. No wonder they always call techincal fouls when they play. It a shame the girls on pickett county are talented and man they hustle. But the coach seems more intrested in influencing the referees to get a win than coaching his team.