Collinwood Trojans 12A champs

shustrang

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, Harville or Thompson would have both been great choices for mvp. I like both those guys. But what about Joe west??? He didn't even make all tourney...that nuts, hes prob the second best player on Collinwood's team and drilled five threes in the championship game!

the awards were for "season" not tourney, but had there been a tourney MVP it may have gone west since his team won. However, i do agree that Harville was probably the MVP on the floor last night.

As far as the Season MVP I understand why Thompson got it,again the 1st place team and Long would have been the recipient had S'town won the season. Toss -up as to who is MORE VALUABLE to their team.

Last thing, IMO Long is more complete basketball player than Thompson.

Most of the time they give the MVP to the best player on the team that won the title... so it may be somewhat skewed... I just really wanted to know what d12 people though... Wes Long or Tyler Thompson... who's better... and don't give me the "they play different positions" or "they're important in different ways" or "he's up for Mr. Basketball, he has to be" ...really who's better...

I would preferably like to have a reply from someone who isn't CW or ST... but you can throw yours in as well... I realize this could be topic in and of itself but I really just wanted to know about this from people who are watch them several time during the year...

Both of these boys are great players. I would consider Wes to be a better shooter that Tyler, however Tyer seems to be more aware of when not to shoot and better at getting the ball to his teammates. They are both great players. Congratulations to Tyler for getting the MVP and to Wes for being a Mr. Basketball finalist. I am not a Summertown fan but Wes is a good kid and deserves the recognition. I'm just proud to have someone from district 12 nominated. I think everyone should be proud of the accomplishment for both of these boys.

Most of the time they give the MVP to the best player on the team that won the title... so it may be somewhat skewed... I just really wanted to know what d12 people though... Wes Long or Tyler Thompson... who's better... and don't give me the "they play different positions" or "they're important in different ways" or "he's up for Mr. Basketball, he has to be" ...really who's better...

I would preferably like to have a reply from someone who isn't CW or ST... but you can throw yours in as well... I realize this could be topic in and of itself but I really just wanted to know about this from people who are watch them several time during the year...

The MVP is decided before the game, so the winner has nothing to do with the winner.

So Collinwood won the game by 1 point in OT after hitting a 70-footer at the end of the half? The late night phone call I got last night left that detail out. Anyone have the ability to put the buzzer-beater on YouTube?

We have a guy that always tapes the games. When I get a copy of it I will see what I can do about getting it on there.

I can't belive Andrews was left open on the other end of the court by himself to score the winning points.

I agree both boys are valuable to their team..Tyler Thompson is a great basketball player and a great kid...He stands by his team mates and has a good head on his shoulder..

I hate that either team last night had to lose..It was a great game. Both teams played their heart out and I wish them luck.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thompson is better than Wes Long...if you think not you should compare their shooting percentages....Thompson averaged more points taking far, far fewer shots...and he only took maybe 20 three point shots all season. Long takes nothing but three points shots....and a heckuva lot of them >>>>>IMO<<<<<<

that's a ridiculous comarison and you know it.

Look at this list of top ten NBA shooters based on field goal percentage in playoff games(minimum 300 attempts).

Kurt Rambis - 57.37%; 284-for-495

Otis Thorpe - 56.91%; 321-for-564

Mark West - 56.62%; 201-for-355

Shaquille O??™Neal - 56.58%; 1970-for-3482

Kevin McHale - 56.13%; 1204-for-2145

Bernard King - 55.93%; 269-for-481

Darryl Dawkins - 54.64%; 542-for-992

Cedric Maxwell - 54.51%; 375-for-688

James Worthy - 54.40%; 1267-for-2329

Larry Nance - 54.12%; 440-for-813

What?? You mean the greatest player of all time isn't on this list? Oh yeah, these guys must be better than him.

Look at this list of top ten NBA shooters based on field goal percentage in playoff games(minimum 300 attempts).

Shaquille O??™Neal - 56.58%; 1970-for-3482

What?? You mean the greatest player of all time isn't on this list? Oh yeah, these guys must be better than him.

I'll take both Wes Long and Tyler Thompson over Kurt Rambis.

Shaquille O?€™Neal - 56.58%; 1970-for-3482

all IM saying is Wes Long jacked up several HUNDRED three point shots and scored 614 points....Thompson took maybe 20-25 three pointers and scored 663 points. I think we can all do the math there

by the way...Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest player all time. Granted he didnt have Dennis Rodman there to rebound all his bricks like Jordan did

all IM saying is Wes Long jacked up several HUNDRED three point shots and scored 614 points....Thompson took maybe 20-25 three pointers and scored 663 points. I think we can all do the math there

by the way...Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest player all time. Granted he didnt have Dennis Rodman there to rebound all his bricks like Jordan did

who mentioned jordan, you assumed i meant him but if you say it was chamberlain...well he isn't on the list either so i guess you wouldn't want either of them over the 10 on the list...

you tried to justify that player A is better than player B simply because of FG% and that obviously is not true.

One thing is true, Wilt was the greatest PLAYA' of all time, or so the story goes...

who mentioned jordan, you assumed i meant him but if you say it was chamberlain...well he isn't on the list either so i guess you wouldn't want either of them over the 10 on the list...

you tried to justify that player A is better than player B simply because of FG% and that obviously is not true.

One thing is true, Wilt was the greatest PLAYA' of all time, or so the story goes...

not only did I talk about field goal percentage I also talked about POINTS scored. I could have gone into blocked shots, team wins, etc. but why bother....its POINTLESS, just like this coversation

yeah wilt did some incredible things

averaged over fifty points a game in a season

once had fifty ...that would be 50!! rebounds in ONE game

scored 100 points in a game

led the league in ASSISTS one year...the only Center ever to do that

shot over 70 percent for a season

and he was the only guy I ever saw that put Kareem Jabbar's unstoppable sky hook in the bleachers a few times

only won two championships but that was the heyday of the great Boston Celtic dynasty...and also the era of the

great New York Knicks teams with Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Earl the Pearl Monroe, a hippie named Phil Jackson,

and a guy from Nashville named Dick Barnett.