Emmanuel Andrews co MVP of 8AAA WT?

Crunchtime

Maybe the district coaches could all get together and discuss the system and make a committment to one another to do the right thing. It seems no one wants to rock the boat on this issue, its been going on for a few years now with no consequences. Maybe they could at least get together and talk about it.

The players know who should be MVP. They also know who selects the MVP - I wonder what they think about the situation? When an issue like this is not addressed it sends a signal that its OK. And we wonder why some of our kids show NO respect for their teachers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrews deserved the 8-AAA MVP. Giordani Taylor is a really good player, but he is not in the same category as Andrews...and Franklin Co's coach knows this...or at least he should. Go ask every coach in 8-AAA who they think is MVP and I bet you 6 out of 7 say Emmanuel Andrews, and the other one might even say it now just to cover his tail.

Giordani taylor isn't even good enough to even be in the same sentence with with Emmanuel Andrews. I mean come on. Emmanuel is the best in the best in the district. Hands Down.

I don't think this is the case because this particular coach placed his player as the number 1 ranked player and the other player the 15th ranked player. Had he been confused he would hurt his player as well. This was not the case. The 15th player is by far the best player in the district. This was a deliberate act to intentionally keep the best player from winning. However all the other coaches ranked this player number one and it caused a tie for number one. That was about as clear as mud. LOL

Coaches in your district actually get to rank their own players?

Let's set the record straight: Coach Smith did nothing wrong! This whole mess is a matter of false-accusations and innuendos that has been cleared up between the coaches and will be made public in the near future.

I hope after all the facts are known that some of my CoachT friends and associates will learn to STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS and STOP SPREADING RUMORS that can hurt a coach's reputation.

I am also extending an invitation to any district head coaches to be on my WEDNESDAY night radio show in Winchester in the coming weeks to talk about the season and to promote all the positive things that happened. We have some outstanding athletes in all of our schools and they all deserve to be recognized for an outstanding year.

Good luck to all the players, teams, and coaches who are IN-THE-HUNT!

daylily.....I'd love to sell you some swamp land in Flordia!!!!!

He is a JOKE...and the majority of FC folks I talk to agree...do you think you can underdstand that?

He is a disgrace to the entire District 8-AAA community.

Remember big boy that I told you so and you would not listen...as I said he did not vote the way you thought and accused....I tried to tell you and certainly without any listening.....Now how about you printing an apology..

If this is true, I can't wait to hear the explanation. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It is true. I don't know how much of the facts will come out because that is between the district coaches and I will not release any information that is between them. Of course, Carlos can't and won't come on here and defend himself. He and I have not spoken about this event but I do know it has been worked out. It is a DARN SHAME that his reputation has been drug through the mud over this mess.

Coaches in your district actually get to rank their own players?

Gets messy doesn't it? Still amazing that all this talk about the co-MVP, but does anyone not think that others should have been considered for all-district; two sophomores made it , one from the last place team and one (of 3) from the 4th place team. Seniors (and juniors) from higher ranked teams were left off, as well as Tullahoma left completely out.

Furlow82 you are exactly right. This under-handed vote skewed the whole process. Since Carlos is not guilty and everything is worked out between he and Coach Thomas, that leaves the question hanging of how all of this got started. I can assure you this information did not come from Shelbyville. If someone told me a coach out of the district pulled this stunt and messed everyone up, Carlos would not have been my first thought, but a coach a little west and north of him would have come to mind.

Apologies are extended to Carlos from this poster. Good Luck in Region Tourney!

Furlow82 you are exactly right. This under-handed vote skewed the whole process. Since Carlos is not guilty and everything is worked out between he and Coach Thomas, that leaves the question hanging of how all of this got started. I can assure you this information did not come from Shelbyville. If someone told me a coach out of the district pulled this stunt and messed everyone up, Carlos would not have been my first thought, but a coach a little west and north of him would have come to mind.

Apologies are extended to Carlos from this poster. Good Luck in Region Tourney!

Not quite sure who you are referring to, but hopefully you're not implicating Tullahoma's coach. Any comments on the rest of the voting?