Road To The AA State Chapionship

Overton County Fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE GOLD BALL WILL GO TO WEST TN. Middle and cant match speed. East can match speed but competition is not as tuff as it is EVERY night in west TN.

CPA showed last year last year that speed wasn't a factor when they lost a debatable game by 1 to DC. DC had a huge advantage in speed but CPA was able to equalize with their half court offense. I'm not saying that speed is not a huge part of the game, but when that is the only type of style that a team faces most of the year, and when a well disciplined team slows it down on them, they can get in trouble. There are obviously many more aspects of the game than speed, and a team's such as CPA and LA are able to make up for it. It is a good bet to say that the gold ball will go to the west given the history, but I wouldn't count out CPA, LA, A-E, and Fulton. Fulton obviously proved that competition wasn't a problem last year, and CPA showed that speed wasn't a factor (and would have won that game if they hadn't had so many turn-overs). LA did not have a good showing at state last year, but they are a better team this year than last year IMO. A-E has had a very good season and will be a favorite by many. I wouldn't put my money on west TN this year.

CPA showed last year last year that speed wasn't a factor when they lost a debatable game by 1 to DC. DC had a huge advantage in speed but CPA was able to equalize with their half court offense. I'm not saying that speed is not a huge part of the game, but when that is the only type of style that a team faces most of the year, and when a well disciplined team slows it down on them, they can get in trouble. There are obviously many more aspects of the game than speed, and a team's such as CPA and LA are able to make up for it. It is a good bet to say that the gold ball will go to the west given the history, but I wouldn't count out CPA, LA, A-E, and Fulton. Fulton obviously proved that competition wasn't a problem last year, and CPA showed that speed wasn't a factor (and would have won that game if they hadn't had so many turn-overs). LA did not have a good showing at state last year, but they are a better team this year than last year IMO. A-E has had a very good season and will be a favorite by many. I wouldn't put my money on west TN this year.

I'm one that thinks AE is actually the team to beat and I'm from the west. We have alot of good teams in the West but a state championship is by no means a shoe in. Fulton is good to. I think it's wide open this season. There isn't one team clearly DOMINATE over the others. There is as much parity in AA as I have seen in awhile this season.

However, I think in A and AAA the west has the cream of the crop....without a doubt.

LA has played Station Camp and Won They have played Enworth and lost by 2 and played DCA and won so I think that they will be ready for what comes their way! By the way dont under estimate Upperman or you might just be watching from the bleatchers. GO HOGEYE!

DCA? Why would you not mention that LA beat CPA? No disrespect to DCA, but they have not been known for their basketball for a while (35-80 over the last 5 seasons). LA has some much better opponents on their resume than 11-9 DCA and beating them in no way qualifies them to "be ready for what comes their way."

DCA? Why would you not mention that LA beat CPA? No disrespect to DCA, but they have not been known for their basketball for a while (35-80 over the last 5 seasons). LA has some much better opponents on their resume than 11-9 DCA and beating them in no way qualifies them to "be ready for what comes their way."

I do believe he got his initials mixed up! Had to be talking about CPA. We haven't played DCA!

NO MERCY! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Im sure they meant CPA because LA hasnt played DCA since 2006 1st round of the region.

Im sure they meant CPA because LA hasnt played DCA since 2006 1st round of the region.

That would make much more sense /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It can be easy to get the ABC schools mixed up but there is definitley only one of those that has a shot at the state tournament /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Checked with everbody I know and it seems that LA hasn't made it to the state tournament yet. Sorry, but you first have to go through the region and sub-state!

Just curious, how long did that take? I'm like you though. Let's wait until that final 8 team bracket is set.

NO MERCY! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm one that thinks AE is actually the team to beat and I'm from the west. We have alot of good teams in the West but a state championship is by no means a shoe in. Fulton is good to. I think it's wide open this season. There isn't one team clearly DOMINATE over the others. There is as much parity in AA as I have seen in awhile this season.

However, I think in A and AAA the west has the cream of the crop....without a doubt.

You are correct. AA is a different story. Hopefully that makes for a great tournament!

If DC stays focused and motivated I can the gold ball coming back to West Tn... Nobody deserves it and wants it as bad as CJ and Rex!!!

Just curious, how long did that take? I'm like you though. Let's wait until that final 8 team bracket is set.

Probably didn't take all that long. Why would we wait until the final 8 is set before we talked about the match-ups that are going to take place before then? I think you are misunderstanding the thread. If we sat around and waited untill the last game of the year to talk about anything CoachT would go out of business...

Probably didn't take all that long. Why would we wait until the final 8 is set before we talked about the match-ups that are going to take place before then? I think you are misunderstanding the thread. If we sat around and waited untill the last game of the year to talk about anything CoachT would go out of business...

I'm all for talking about upcoming games, but let's call it road to the region championship--one step at a time!