Road To The AA State Chapionship

Overton County Fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes CJ and Rex will definetly pull the team together and make things happen!! They could very well win it also!

Yes CJ and Rex want it bad and I can see DC making it all the way if they stay focused and all work as a team...play ball like they did at the first of the season!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DCA? Why would you not mention that LA beat CPA? No disrespect to DCA, but they have not been known for their basketball for a while (35-80 over the last 5 seasons). LA has some much better opponents on their resume than 11-9 DCA and beating them in no way qualifies them to "be ready for what comes their way."

Sorry i did mean CPA I was reading two diffrent threads and got my letters mixed up i was aslo tring to study for a test tomorrow and did i mention I was at work too lol /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . Coach Melton has made sure that he set a schedual this year that included some of the best in the state not only in AA but also AAA and they have done quite well loseing only two games this season. One to a very good Ensworth team which LA didnt play their best and lost by two. And to a great Upperman team where LA didnt play at all and had a bad night of officating( and by no means do I think the refs were the main reason for that loss we really were bad that night.) LA had a bad night last year to start the State Tourny and Fulton had probably their best night of the year they hit just about everything. Teams do have off nights and that happened to be one of them and unfortantly that put them out of the tourney. I think that things this year could be very different. That being said first of all we have to make it thru the region. LA shouldnt have that hard of a time winning Saturday night. The good part of us winning last night is that we can avoid SC till the Championship game. I think that Upperman will do pretty well to till they have to play SC and I hope that they can shut Jenkins down and advance to the title game with LA. Round four would be a blast. LA and SC would also be a good game to see. Would most agree that it will probably be LA and SC for the Title barring a upsetfrom maybe Upperman? How good is White House? I think that the Tourney will be a good one this year So there is what I think about the Region Tourney. Ill talk State Tourney when that time comes. And as always GO HOGEYE!!

Fulton would not lose to LA. They are to athletic and to well coached for someting like that to happen. I know that Dunn is a nice player, but Fulton has 2 guys (Gallman and Steele) that are more than capable of keeping him in check. The games Fulton has lost have been to the state's dominant teams in both AA and AAA. They have been battle tested. Has LA played anyone like AE or Bearden? I know that they have played Upperman, but it's a different world when you are expected to compete with the state's elite.

LA is not just Chase Dunn as a matter of fact Chase wasnt even the District Tourney MVP Tj Smith was. So let them keep Dunn in Check. But as they do they can watch Smith,Ramsey.West Peterman and several others all nail the three and the layup If you gaurd one of our boys the others just step up to take over you cant gaurd them all like that. ASLO Im going to call you on your coaching comment. Did your coach WIN or tie for 4 regular season District Championships 4 District Tournement Titles AND 100 Games in his 1st FOUR YEARS??? Add to that 3 trips to the Region And a Region Title last year. I think Melton can coach with the BEST of them! AND im sure that they can play with the BEST of them.

I'm with Yankee8589 on this one. I'm taking AE to win it all.

Here's my final 8:

Austin East

Fulton

Howard

LA

CPA

Bolivar

Dyer Co.

Hillcrest

It's draw of the hat after that. No way to know matchups until the brackets are drawn.

those are my choices too, but you have to pLay the games! no doubt AA is gonna be the best of all classes

GO CHOCATWS !!!!!!!!!!!!

those are my choices too, but you have to pLay the games! no doubt AA is gonna be the best of all classes

GO CHOCATWS !!!!!!!!!!!!

A darkhorse for AA is Memphis Booker T Washington. If they can avoid going to Dyer County for three straight years they might be hard to defeat. Their overall size is better than the previous years when they ran 3 5'6 guards at you, and they can shoot it....

CPA showed last year last year that speed wasn't a factor when they lost a debatable game by 1 to DC. DC had a huge advantage in speed but CPA was able to equalize with their half court offense. I'm not saying that speed is not a huge part of the game, but when that is the only type of style that a team faces most of the year, and when a well disciplined team slows it down on them, they can get in trouble. There are obviously many more aspects of the game than speed, and a team's such as CPA and LA are able to make up for it. It is a good bet to say that the gold ball will go to the west given the history, but I wouldn't count out CPA, LA, A-E, and Fulton. Fulton obviously proved that competition wasn't a problem last year, and CPA showed that speed wasn't a factor (and would have won that game if they hadn't had so many turn-overs). LA did not have a good showing at state last year, but they are a better team this year than last year IMO. A-E has had a very good season and will be a favorite by many. I wouldn't put my money on west TN this year.

WHITE HOUSE IS FROM MIDDLE AND IT TOOK DYER A LAST 2ND SHOT TO BEAT THEM 2 YEARS AGO AND A LAST 2ND SHOT TO BEAT CPA LAST YEAR. IM HOPING FOR A REMATCH OF DYER AND CPA THIS YEAR. I BELIEVE CPA WOULD WIN.

A darkhorse for AA is Memphis Booker T Washington. If they can avoid going to Dyer County for three straight years they might be hard to defeat. Their overall size is better than the previous years when they ran 3 5'6 guards at you, and they can shoot it....

Terop,

You beat me to the "punch," regarding BTW!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

BTW actually has a better TEAM this year vs the last 2 years. As such, I'm convinced that they are actually a bigger threat to make a run to the State Championship game, than in those prior two years!

BTW is flying waaaay beneath the radar screen!

BTW has not gotten a lot of "ink" or respect this year, from many observers, most likely due to their "weaker" schedule. I emphasize "weaker" because, despite their poor win-loss records, MANY of the "poor/weaker" Mphs teams are capable (and have actually done it) of defeating the "top" Mphs teams on any given night. They just lack the consistent, cohesive effort (in many instances), with which to string together a solid season.

Nevertheless, similar to many past BTW teams, this 2009 squad has quietly and consitently taken care of business so far..... This is where all similarity ends, based on my observations!

BTW-2009 has done it with impressive, methodical team play. This is a concept that, frankly, has NOT been a trademark of prior BTW teams, IMO.....Oh sure, they still have guys that can do (and still do, at times) their individual thing; this year, for some strange (good) reason, they seem to play better team ball....more consistently and effectively!

My gut tells me that many folks, especially Statewide, are overlooking BTW....writing them off as, perhaps, just "the same ol,' same ol' BTW."

That would be a huge mistake this year!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware........ BTW is a BONA FIDE threat to win the AA State Championship!

Terop,

You beat me to the "punch," regarding BTW!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

BTW actually has a better TEAM this year vs the last 2 years. As such, I'm convinced that they are actually a bigger threat to make a run to the State Championship game, than in those prior two years!

BTW is flying waaaay beneath the radar screen!

BTW has not gotten a lot of "ink" or respect this year, from many observers, most likely due to their "weaker" schedule. I emphasize "weaker" because, despite their poor win-loss records, MANY of the "poor/weaker" Mphs teams are capable (and have actually done it) of defeating the "top" Mphs teams on any given night. They just lack the consistent, cohesive effort (in many instances), with which to string together a solid season.

Nevertheless, similar to many past BTW teams, this 2009 squad has quietly and consitently taken care of business so far..... This is where all similarity ends, based on my observations!

BTW-2009 has done it with impressive, methodical team play. This is a concept that, frankly, has NOT been a trademark of prior BTW teams, IMO.....Oh sure, they still have guys that can do (and still do, at times) their individual thing; this year, for some strange (good) reason, they seem to play better team ball....more consistently and effectively!

My gut tells me that many folks, especially Statewide, are overlooking BTW....writing them off as, perhaps, just "the same ol,' same ol' BTW."

That would be a huge mistake this year!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware........ BTW is a BONA FIDE threat to win the AA State Championship!

Couldn't agree more...