Region 4A

BuffaloFan

C'range 66 Trousdale 18

G'ville 43 Celina 39

Pickett 53 FCS 37

Jackson 64 W'mlnd 27

well i got 3 of the 4 right, what was that about smoking from the pipe? see y'all at watertown.

N.J.

Glad u asked. That was in reference to your idiotic post about Westmoreland beating JC. Like I said u mustve been smoking something! LOL

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celina had lots of fouls...pretty ruff game Gville did NOT capitolize

on free throws Missed a bunch

Gville faces Clarkrange Mon at Watercity

Gville might as well break out the softbaal bats and gloves. Season is complete and softball starts on Tuesday. They won't score over 30 points unless Crange subs early an often!

Crange 74. Gville 28.

First off, congrats to the Tigerettes on winning a hard fought back and forth game! I don't envy your position. If you or ANYBODY stays within 15 of the Lady Buffs, consider it a moral victory. That is the only VICTORIES that will be had against Clarkrange and their 39-0 season (they are 6 games away from completing).

Gordonsville and Clay County:

1st qtr: Tigerettes get first of 5 three-pointers in the half. Clay County starts full court press and Clay scores next 16 points. KEY: Kirk gets 3 fouls in 1st quarter. 18-4 Clay Co.

2nd qtr: Gordonsville ICE COLD from everywhere except3 point arc. Battles back and Clay only scores 4. Halftime 23-22 Gordonsville.

Rest of game was very physical and very sloppily played (ball handling wise) by both teams. Turnovers kept either team from extending a lead.

3rd qtr star for Clay..Sydney Roach (FR) Her defense, assists, passing, shooting and timely scoring kept Clay county in it all the way.

2nd half star for Tigerettes...The point guard Wright(#11). She pushed the ball up the floor for GHS and found the open girl and knocked down several key shots as well.

Observation: Coach agee's plan was not to stop Amelia Kirk but play solid position defense when she got the ball down low and let her take herself out with her agressiveness. Plan worked Maynord did her job and got Kirk in early foul trouble and later fouled her out.

Gordonville hits 8 threes for the game (not double figures at least). Not a great night at FT line allowed Clay to stay close.

Clay County Scoring ------------ Gordonsville Scoring

S. Ogletree - 3 ----------------- Maynord - 13

Kimes - 4 -------------------- Wright - 11

Kerr - 5 ---------------------- Watson - 4

Kirk - 10 ------------------- Smith - 10

Watson - 6 ----------------- Grisham - 5

Roach - 8 ----------

Burnette - 2 ----------

E. Ogletree - 4 ----------

Well FCS didn't show up. Pickett Co wanted that game alot more than we did. Looks like we were just thankful to be seeded #1 from District 8. Pickett Co probably shot 75% from the field. #24 penetrated and dished for layups all night, we had no answer for it. #23 even picked up 2-3 early fouls but still contributed overall. Brittany Griffin played good and #3 shot the eyes out of it........#10 played well underneath......

My hats off to 7A.they showed who had the strongest district.......

Congrats to our only win Gordonsville who with that win gets the priviledge of facing the #1 girls team in the state.

I hear they could play with most AAA teams......

Good luck to all in H2O city........I'll switch gears now on the boys board and root for my BIG GREEN TEAM......

Gville might as well break out the softbaal bats and gloves. Season is complete and softball starts on Tuesday. They won't score over 30 points unless Crange subs early an often!

Crange 74. Gville 28.

[/quote

You said they wouldn't get in, didn't you? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> However, G'Ville has a tough one and it probably will be softball season.

KEY: Kirk gets 3 fouls in 1st quarter. 18-4 Clay Co.

Observation: Coach agee's plan was not to stop Amelia Kirk but play solid position defense when she got the ball down low and let her take herself out with her agressiveness. Plan worked Maynord did her job and got Kirk in early foul trouble and later fouled her out.

I figured that she would be in foul trouble early, then it turns it into a run and gun. If you don't have two solid post players, its hard to build a plan on the inside game. You are just one iffy call away from scraping that plan. Congrats on the good season anyway. Clay will definitely be giving teams fits if the girls work hard and improve next year. They look to be back on the rise.

I have never cared much for Friendship, but I hope they kick Pickett's can! I say it is softball season for Pickett County, Friendship by 5! What you think about that 1984? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well... it was Pickett County kicking can and by plenty! They were up by 20 at one point and the officials were completely one sided. That #50 just about knocked down one of our players at half court...no call, that happened over and over, no calls from the refs. At the end Friendship was grabbing Pickett players by the uniform right in front of the refs and it was ignored. Pickett could have won by 30 or more. 7A is far superior to 8A #1 Friendship would have been 5th or 6th in our district. Pickett Co. was UNBEATEN in Tennessee outside of 7A and 7AA, our other powerhouse district. That shows just how much better 7A is. My favorite part was Friendship fans chanting "she's a freshman" about an average freshman player...then one of our great freshmen, Green, showed them what talent really is. Pickett will be loaded for years to come.

12-12-08 PC 70 JC 92 @ PC----foulfest..

1-23-09 PC 48 JC 69 @ JC

I was very happy that Pickett Co. got a win, but they have not proved anything against Jackson Co. this year....Could they pull it off??????

The winners of these Regional Semi-Final games have a great shot at going to state.

Actually you need to switch the locations of those games, first one was at JC second game was at PC. I don't think PC really showed up for the second game, and well the first one they only had one starter left by the end of the 3rd quarter. I fully expect this game to be a good one. Coach Smith has really got these girls playing better ball. I don't think you can take to much from that Clarkrange game and call me crazy but they might have not cared losing to Clay Co. cause now they are opposite of Clarkrange. I agree with ya Buff fan, whoever wins this game and Clarkrange are both going to the Murfreesboro to play. Cause Chattanooga hasn't been good enough in years.

Well... it was Pickett County kicking can and by plenty! They were up by 20 at one point and the officials were completely one sided. That #50 just about knocked down one of our players at half court...no call, that happened over and over, no calls from the refs. At the end Friendship was grabbing Pickett players by the uniform right in front of the refs and it was ignored. Pickett could have won by 30 or more. 7A is far superior to 8A #1 Friendship would have been 5th or 6th in our district. Pickett Co. was UNBEATEN in Tennessee outside of 7A and 7AA, our other powerhouse district. That shows just how much better 7A is. My favorite part was Friendship fans chanting "she's a freshman" about an average freshman player...then one of our great freshmen, Green, showed them what talent really is. Pickett will be loaded for years to come.

Granted PC won the game .They have improved since the start of the season. But as far as the officials they craped up the whole game .It didnt change things but it would have been a better game to watch had they called something .I was afraid someone was going to get hurton either side. Those three ref should go back to 5th and 6th grade games where they got them.But congrats to PC they were the better team. All we can do is wait on next year.Oh and one more thing i will be at watertown and be there to see the rest of the finals.Good luck to Gordonsville. And ill be wearing blue cause it will match Gville and my other team .Good Luck JC /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

12-12-08 PC 70 JC 92 @ PC----foulfest..

1-23-09 PC 48 JC 69 @ JC

I was very happy that Pickett Co. got a win, but they have not proved anything against Jackson Co. this year....Could they pull it off??????

The winners of these Regional Semi-Final games have a great shot at going to state.

Jackson County will crush Pickett County! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I don't think you have much class though! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />