Region 4AAA Tournament @ Blackman

Treyvols99

Well the regional tournament is here once again and the favorite has to be Siegel coming into the tournament. The first round matchups are decent but the semi final games if everything plays out right will be unbeleivable IMO. The matchups are as followed...

First Round Games are at the top two seeds in each district with the semi final games being played on Tuesday March 3rd at Blackman High School.

#4 Lawrence County@ #1 Siegel

#3 Franklin County @ #2 Oakland

#3 Cookeville @ #2 Shelbyville

#4 Lebanon @ #1 Columbia

I think we will see all #1 & #2 seeds advancing to the semi finals but the toughest task will be for Shelbyville getting by Cookeville for a second time without their starting PG.

Predictions for first round play.

Siegel wins by 25

Oakland wins by 22

Shelbyville wins by 8

Columbia wins by 15

Good luck to ALL region 4AAA teams /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the regional tournament is here once again and the favorite has to be Siegel coming into the tournament. The first round matchups are decent but the semi final games if everything plays out right will be unbeleivable IMO. The matchups are as followed...

First Round Games are at the top two seeds in each district with the semi final games being played on Tuesday March 3rd at Blackman High School.

#4 Lawrence County@ #1 Siegel

#3 Franklin County @ #2 Oakland

#3 Cookeville @ #2 Shelbyville

#4 Lebanon @ #1 Columbia

I think we will see all #1 & #2 seeds advancing to the semi finals but the toughest task will be for Shelbyville getting by Cookeville for a second time without their starting PG.

Predictions for first round play.

Siegel wins by 25

Oakland wins by 22

Shelbyville wins by 8

Columbia wins by 15

Good luck to ALL region 4AAA teams /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agree with you. Interesting game has to be Cookeville-Shelbyville. could be the 'upset' in this tournament

Out of curiousness what type of Size do columbia and shelbyville have? How would they match up with Siegel or Oakland in the eyes of district 8 fans? This is me trying to give you all a chance to give me reasons that columbia or shelbyville can beat Oakland or Siegel.

BTW GO 7AAA

columbia is a big ball team, extremely quick, and very athletic

shelbyville is small compared to columbia, but still very very quick and very athletic

Out of curiousness what type of Size do columbia and shelbyville have? How would they match up with Siegel or Oakland in the eyes of district 8 fans? This is me trying to give you all a chance to give me reasons that columbia or shelbyville can beat Oakland or Siegel.

BTW GO 7AAA

The last poster hit it on the head with the size of both teams. I would say Shelbyville can play with and beat Siegel since they only lost to them by three earlier in the season. I am not confident enough to say they will beat them but if Twilley and Andrews are on they will be in it at the end with as good of an opprotunity as Siegel to win the game. Shelbyville will have to shoot well outside and also rebound very well and not give Siegel second chance scoring opportunities.

Does anyone know what time the games will be played in Blackman on Monday and Tuesday?

The first game should start at 6:00 or 6:30 not completely positive on the ezact time though. Games on Friday and Saturday night start at 7:00.

Lebanon could really scare Columbia, if not pull the upset. I see that game being just as close as the Shelbyville-Cookeville game. Columbia is coming off an emotional district championship and has not been a top seed in a good while. They may tighten up some and Lebanon, on the other hand, will place loose. If I had to bet (and I don't), I'd say all the top seeds win, but you never know in a one-game elimination setup. Oakland and Siegel will both win by 20-plus, while I think Shelbyville and Columbia will pull through in the fourth quarter. Should be fun, and for Twilley's sake, I hope Shelbyville gets by Cookeville. It would be extremely sad for his career to end because of some showboat ref with an agenda. Plus, a Shelbyville-Siegel matchup would be a lot of fun once again.

Lebanon could really scare Columbia, if not pull the upset. I see that game being just as close as the Shelbyville-Cookeville game. Columbia is coming off an emotional district championship and has not been a top seed in a good while. They may tighten up some and Lebanon, on the other hand, will place loose. If I had to bet (and I don't), I'd say all the top seeds win, but you never know in a one-game elimination setup. Oakland and Siegel will both win by 20-plus, while I think Shelbyville and Columbia will pull through in the fourth quarter. Should be fun, and for Twilley's sake, I hope Shelbyville gets by Cookeville. It would be extremely sad for his career to end because of some showboat ref with an agenda. Plus, a Shelbyville-Siegel matchup would be a lot of fun once again.

colmubia is a very good ball team.....i would love to see them go to state

The last poster hit it on the head with the size of both teams. I would say Shelbyville can play with and beat Siegel since they only lost to them by three earlier in the season. I am not confident enough to say they will beat them but if Twilley and Andrews are on they will be in it at the end with as good of an opprotunity as Siegel to win the game. Shelbyville will have to shoot well outside and also rebound very well and not give Siegel second chance scoring opportunities.

Crap, Shelbyville has to get by a very good Cookeville team before they can even think about Siegel. We barely beat them earlier this year with Twilley. Should be a good game. At least we got one game under our belt without the best point guard in the state. That should help come Saturday night. Believe me, we are not looking ahead to Siegel.

The first game should start at 6:00 or 6:30 not completely positive on the ezact time though. Games on Friday and Saturday night start at 7:00.