Lawrence County vs. Blackman

EYEZONBBALL

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to a very good Lady Cats team. The ball has bounced that way for the Lady Blaze at times this year as well. Based on my understanding of how young your team is, others in 8AAA should look toward next year with some trepidation.

Great job this year Lady Cats. I dont think anyone expected this team to have the sucess it had this year so keep your heads up and enjoy your district championship. Special thanks to Erin Robbins our lone senior point gaurd who did a great job leading this young team this year. Good luck in your college career I know you will do well!!

I could see this coming. My post the other day talked about Lawrence County actually getting a bad break by winning the District 8-AAA championship. They got in a much tougher bracket with tougher matchups plus they were still riding the high of beating Shelbyville for the title. That is not a good combination for a team who has not won many titles through the years. That's just the sad truth. Handling success and failure is of utmost importance in tournament play. My prediction is that Shelbyville will go on to win the region because they have their focus back at just the right time.

I could see this coming. My post the other day talked about Lawrence County actually getting a bad break by winning the District 8-AAA championship. They got in a much tougher bracket with tougher matchups plus they were still riding the high of beating Shelbyville for the title. That is not a good combination for a team who has not won many titles through the years. That's just the sad truth. Handling success and failure is of utmost importance in tournament play. My prediction is that Shelbyville will go on to win the region because they have their focus back at just the right time.

Certainly, if they do, they will have beaten a Great Cookeville Team and the winner of Riverdale/Blackman all which seem to be on missions to make a point for different reasons. I would say that it made no difference because to win the Region they would still have had to go thru Cookeville and Riverdale and thats earning your championship and they have not had this good of opposition with two schools in 7 for a long time. Of course to do what you predicted Blackman would have had to been beaten also and Blackman likely did not match with Shelbyville as good. Blackman, while as gritty as a pine knot, was not supposed to beat Lawrence. This will be the best contested region play in some time and Shelbyville, year after year after year, is predicted to be the winner. We'll see.

How do you figure. They just lost the district 5 days ago to a team starting 2 freshman and a sophmore. Looks to me like they are going the other direction. As for winning the region....uhh...I dont see it happening.

I just know that there is going to be some good basketball from here on out. I do think the bracket helped Blackman out. They matched up better with Lawrence Co. than they would have with Shelbyville. That and Lawrence County's unfamilariarity with Blackman. Blackman had a tendancy to sneak up on teams early in the year. I am not saying that they were overlooked, but I think the strong defense that they play compared to where they have been in the past gives them an advantage the first time they take the court against a new rival. After you have played them once you have a better idea on how to break their schemes. Who ever comes out as regonal champ has definitely earned it. Go hard, be safe and good luck.

Tough luck lady cats! I have really enjoyed watching this team this year(all of them) but especially Erin. She is not only a great player to watch on the court but also a great girl off the court. I will really miss watching her shoot the 3! She always seems to hit them without any problem. Good luck lady's next year and Good luck Erin on your college career! And Good luck to Blackman, you played a very good game last night in a tough enviroment. You didn't give up and played your hearts out, so good luck in Region!

How do you figure. They just lost the district 5 days ago to a team starting 2 freshman and a sophmore. Looks to me like they are going the other direction. As for winning the region....uhh...I dont see it happening.

Just because Shelbyville lost the district doesn't mean they're not capable of a Region Championship. If they were going in the opposite direction, Lebanon probably would've put them out last night. Regardless, I'm sick and tired of hearing about Shelbyville and could careless what they won. And honestly, what team is just absolutely excellent in this Region?

Just because Shelbyville lost the district doesn't mean they're not capable of a Region Championship. If they were going in the opposite direction, Lebanon probably would've put them out last night. Regardless, I'm sick and tired of hearing about Shelbyville and could careless what they won. And honestly, what team is just absolutely excellent in this Region?

Good post. But we may to be able to agree on something about this after this first round. Because of the usual unknowns in this Regional Tournament, more this year than in the past, at the end there liikely may be more of an excellent team found. I think I can see semblences of a couple but my vision is clouded by both District Tournaments and head to head games. They were brutal but started to give indications. The schools coming out of this Region will have to have more emotional excellence to go with just technical excellence to go far in the state. So what's new about that though? We will just have to wait and see because due to Shelbyville's Student Body's attitude tward their team, they have something to prove also. Never have I seen a Tournament with all the schools teams having each as many external reasons for playing execellence as this years Tournament teams. Nothing absolute and we don't have to look for that but motivation is at all Schools.