East Hamilton hires a basketball coach

silverdalefan

What are the thoughts about Hamilton Sports'>East Hamilton's hire for basketball? Interesting that he is from outside Hamilton County when they are talking about lots of teacher layoffs next year.

I'm not sure I get your point. Do you feel like they should have gotten someone from inside HC? If so, why?

I don't know Michael Stone personally, but from a distance have watched him turn Hamilton Heights tiny BB program

into one that is matching up well against larger, more established programs.

Congrats to Michael, and much success!

What are the thoughts about Hamilton Sports'>East Hamilton's hire for basketball? Interesting that he is from outside Hamilton County when they are talking about lots of teacher layoffs next year.

Coach Stone is an excellent teacher as well as coach. He will be teaching math. How many coaches can do that? Probably had a lot to do with the choice besides the fact that he has kept Hamilton Heights on a successful track with their basketball program. They have had 11 straight twenty win seasons and Michael has continued that record since taking over the program. Plus he is an outstanding young mentor for his students and players. We will miss him greatly at Hamilton Heights and are proud that another school has recognized the talent and program Hamilton Heights has.

First of all who is to say there will be layoffs. That is merely media driven speculation. I will bet you they will be loking for teachers in July. As far as outside the system it's all about teaching needs and fitting the needs to the coaching position, and hiring the best qualified person. If you are so concerned about the county system get involved in public schools and send your children there. Thank You and Good Day

Coach Stone is an excellent teacher as well as coach. He will be teaching math. How many coaches can do that? Probably had a lot to do with the choice besides the fact that he has kept Hamilton Heights on a successful track with their basketball program. They have had 11 straight twenty win seasons and Michael has continued that record since taking over the program. Plus he is an outstanding young mentor for his students and players. We will miss him greatly at Hamilton Heights and are proud that another school has recognized the talent and program Hamilton Heights has.

HHCAfan...

I appreciate seeing your positive remarks about this decision. I have seen only about 3 games that Hamilton Heights have played in and your coach is as GOOD and CLASSY as they come. As far as him being a math teacher, I commend East Hamilton for getting a coach with a degree in something other than PE. East Hamilton has put together a very impressive line up of teachers and coaches. I think this new school will go places as well as the new students that will be in attendance. I wish Hamilton Heights the best of luck with their basketball program, both girls (incredible as well) and boys. Now if only Wes Moore could get an opportunity at a larger program like he deserves. But he too would be sorely missed at UTC.