Shocker! Meigs over Sequatchie

Since the season is now over for Sequatchie, and any talk about what has happened won??™t take away from what these young ladies are trying to do. I??™ll give my opinion. Sequatchie needed the three young ladies that decided to quite earlier in the year. They needed them to be competitive beyond their own district. That??™s just the fact. And when you have one of your two best remaining players go out with an ACL, well, it just gutted the team. I knew that Meigs would give Sequatchie trouble and wasn??™t surprised by the outcome. Meigs has done well this year, and this is about as far as they could hope to go. Polk won??™t be tired or surprised this time.

That??™s the facts of Sequatchie Ladies Basketball. BUT, being on a team is more than how far you go in tournament play. It??™s about fulfilling the commitment to your fellow team mates. It??™s about carrying your load, and that of your team mates when they fall. And being a coach is more than teaching proper man-to-man or offenses. It??™s about raising young ladies that will become productive parts of the community, committed parts of a family, and being a positive model of returning to the community the resources that have been invested in you. It??™s my opinion that Sequatchie Co. didn??™t have the best basketball players on the floor at the end of this year, BUT THEY DID have the best young ladies. I??™ve always said that teenagers will lie about just about anything, but when they tell you that they are quitters, you can take that to the bank. And quitters have no place on a winning team, no matter what their win/loss record is. The ladies that finished this season, and the coach that stood by their side, they are a classy group. I would have loved to have seen them go farther, but I don??™t think that would improve the pride that the Dunlap area should feel for this group of young ladies and their coach.

It??™s the natural act of a child to tear down and seek the easy way. It??™s the act of maturity to seek the best through hard work and pride. I??™d say these young ladies from Sequatchie has shown some great maturity. Good Job young ladies, and good luck.

WELL SAID!!! I couldn't agree more or have said it better.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The young ladies of Meigs played a very smart and well executed game. They won the game on the court and I congragulate them and wish them the best of luck! I also want to say I am proud of our Lady Indians, the adversity they went through this year was really tough, but they came thru it stronger than ever. My daughter played on this TEAM, a team, who loved and believed in one another. The coaches were great in getting the girls to come together and play hard. I wish we were still playing but when I am an old man I will remember this season and this team, with nothing but pride. Thank you Coach Barker and Coach Dennis and most of all thank you Lady Indians

Since the season is now over for Sequatchie, and any talk about what has happened won??™t take away from what these young ladies are trying to do. I??™ll give my opinion. Sequatchie needed the three young ladies that decided to quite earlier in the year. They needed them to be competitive beyond their own district. That??™s just the fact. And when you have one of your two best remaining players go out with an ACL, well, it just gutted the team. I knew that Meigs would give Sequatchie trouble and wasn??™t surprised by the outcome. Meigs has done well this year, and this is about as far as they could hope to go. Polk won??™t be tired or surprised this time.

That??™s the facts of Sequatchie Ladies Basketball. BUT, being on a team is more than how far you go in tournament play. It??™s about fulfilling the commitment to your fellow team mates. It??™s about carrying your load, and that of your team mates when they fall. And being a coach is more than teaching proper man-to-man or offenses. It??™s about raising young ladies that will become productive parts of the community, committed parts of a family, and being a positive model of returning to the community the resources that have been invested in you. It??™s my opinion that Sequatchie Co. didn??™t have the best basketball players on the floor at the end of this year, BUT THEY DID have the best young ladies. I??™ve always said that teenagers will lie about just about anything, but when they tell you that they are quitters, you can take that to the bank. And quitters have no place on a winning team, no matter what their win/loss record is. The ladies that finished this season, and the coach that stood by their side, they are a classy group. I would have loved to have seen them go farther, but I don??™t think that would improve the pride that the Dunlap area should feel for this group of young ladies and their coach.

It??™s the natural act of a child to tear down and seek the easy way. It??™s the act of maturity to seek the best through hard work and pride. I??™d say these young ladies from Sequatchie has shown some great maturity. Good Job young ladies, and good luck.

This is the best thread I have read on coacht period. THIS SHOULD SHUT UP THAT RAGGED OLE RAM TRAIN. I guess he's just tired of everyone talking about Seq. and not whiner!

Great season Girls.

...Thank you Wrecking Crew...I rest my case!!!...sometimes these fans think that adversity is an excuse for failure ...not every fan will get on this board and poor-mouth but a few do especially when they are expected to win and they lose!!!

I wasn't taking anything away from Meigs. I was just stating the obvious as far as Sequatchie Co. goes...I am sorry they don't teach reading comprehension at your magnet school, but maybe you could find one of the many other magnets in Chatt. that teach it... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well, I'm a McMinn Central fan but I went over to Dunlap last night to see the Meigs/Sequatchie game. I didn't want to see the Chargerettes of Central destroy another team, and since I have a friend who's daughter plays at Meigs, I thought I'd go watch a pretty good game - thinking Central may face Sequatchie in the Region finals. So I can say I did see the Lady Indians play at least one game.

My assessment is that I was very disappointed with Sequatchie - they would have been about 5th or 6th place in our District this season. #14 for Sequatchie is certainly a great player. Although Meigs had smaller players than Sequatchie they were much quicker overall, fundamentally superior, and had a better shooting team. 4 of the Meigs girls played the entire game and they appeared to wear down #14 by the end of the 3rd quarter as she was really sucking wind.

One major point you are missing is that the Lady Tigers of Meigs had a losing record this year, and I'm not being critical of them.....I'm actually bragging on them for what they did last night. They dress out 8 players - YES I SAID 8 PLAYERS - and only start 1 senior. One of those 8 players was in an automobile wreck this past week and didn't dress out for the game.....leaving 2 freshman subs on the bench. The starting point guard for Meigs has played with a seperated rib cage several weeks now. Prior to the season, Meigs had several defections and injuries decimating them, but not one time this year have I heard any Meigs fan give excuses about why their team lost so many games.

Oh yeah, wanted to let you know it was a clean sweep for our District.

Well, congrats on the clean sweep and good luck to the lady chargerettes. But before you enter an argument in mid stream it would probably help to go back and read the entire argument... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I stated that District 5AA was stronger, so the sweep is not a surprise...As far as the eight players goes, those girls should be commended for their efforts this year, but that still doesn't compare to what Sequatchie Co. girls have been through so quit trying to make it seem as such... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />