The Greenback vs. Coalfield upset.

supergeek2130

This is just a team that is State Tournament or Bust next year. They should have been there by now and I'm not sure they will be able to do it once Jones, Scarbrough, Landrum, and Co. graduate. Next year should be the best year is school history! They shouldn't lose very many games

I think they are surely favored to win the District Next Year!

Coalfield and Oneida should be in the finals of Dist and Region

I hope so...based on the talent there, they should be District Champs, but if they want to beat teams like Oneida, oliver springs, and Wartburg their going to have to work hard all season long and not fizzle out during tournament time. This year, we saw Oneida rise to the challenge in the district and now Wartburg in the region. Those two (including OS) are tournament teams because they step up their game at this time every year. Coalfield needs to push even harder during tournament time...not just show up and half-way play. Hopefully they will understand this by next season. They saw this year that winning a lot of games during the season doesn't mean squat when you belly up in the tournaments.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though all the players will be back next year, they will end up in the same position next year...sitting at home while everyone else competes for state...if they don't find some kind of desire to win. It seems like they are all just there. Every once in a while they show a glimps of effort, but in the end of the season they just looked like they had to be there...not that they wanted to. The hustle in the Wartburg game was much better, but they have to learn that they can't just turn it on and off. If they want to compete the way OS does every year, they need to be as driven as they are. Oliver Springs girls always seem to hustle...no matter if they are playing a team like Clark Range or one like Midway. They play to win and better themselves. Coalfield didn't even try against great teams like CR or Webb... they folded. And, They play down to lower levels of competition. you can't expect to be a championship team if you do not try hard and make yourself better EVERY SINGLE GAME. Sounds like the girls and parents need to stop pointing fingers and making excuses and take some responsibility. There are a few girls that work hard and they don't need to let the poor atitudes and habits of others influence them. Hopefuly the girls will learn from this season and work hard on the off season, and next year come back ready to do what ever it takes to win...when it matters.

I agree, the only time they got after CR was when CR subbed in their bench. Then all of a sudden they started pressing, making plays, and hustling. The second meeting was even worse, some were walking around and not giving effort. To even have a chance you must play hard all the time. Effort must always be present to have a chance to win!

I'm pretty sure that even if Jordan didn't play at all, coalfield should have killed Greeback. The other girls should have stepped it up. Anyone that watched the game could see they didn't give it their best. And Jordan played the whole game with only a couple of rests. She didn't move like she was injured at all. So I don't think that is a valid excuse.

I'm pretty sure that even if Jordan didn't play at all, coalfield should have killed Greeback. The other girls should have stepped it up. Anyone that watched the game could see they didn't give it their best. And Jordan played the whole game with only a couple of rests. She didn't move like she was injured at all. So I don't think that is a valid excuse.

well well well another season ends for the lady jackets and everyone still dogs them , yes jordan did play in the greenback game but she did not play well but their is no i in team , coalfield always has girls that step up when it is time to ,they did have a great season , but to win you must play as a team u cant count on 1 person to do it coach hines is a good coach and the girls get along fine , they have 5 players that will be seniors next yr landrum, jones ,elsea , olivia , walls , theses girls will do well nexy yr CONGRADULATION LADY JACKETS FOR A GOOD SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!! .What we should be doin is tellin them what they done wrong and how they need to fix it and not worring about who the best player is or who scored the most give props : to everyone who deserves it not just one or two players good luck to the lady bulldogs

But the truth is We had an awful season! Basketball is about tournament time not how many games you win in the regular season. All the reg season does is prep you for tournaments. This team hasn't done well in tournaments ever. They should've been to a couple sub-states by now at minimum they should have been in at least one. They beat Wartburg when they were freshmen and can't beat them as soph, beat O.S. as soph but cant beat Wartburg, and now beat Wartburg 3 times but can't beat O.S. or Oneida, or a bad Greenback team. Something is wrong with the way they finish seasons. The term choke comes to mind and they have got to get over that.

I agree...If they decide to play as a team and share the common goal of making it to state, they will be successful. They are all great players, they just need to realize to be a great TEAM, they need each other. Good Luck next year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />