Cannon Co. Football

wildcat5

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rumor has it that a popular coach from alcoa has applied for the job here in Cannon County

That is a nice rumor..... The only thing that he wouldnt have here that they have there is the money, but I am sure things would work out for the best. We all gotta remember to support whoever it is.

CC may have waited too late to get a good quality coach in here this year. The firing came way late. And with spring practice right arount the corner, whats the odds of getting a good coach? Especially in Cannon county. Aint no big name coach going to want to come here. We just gotta hope for an assistant that turns into something a big school never give him the chance to do. Im excited to see what the administration hires and get this thing rolling. It needs to happen quick. Like within the next two weeks

rumor has it that a popular coach from alcoa has applied for the job here in Cannon County

I hope that rumor is true, someone from a program like Alcoa or Riverdale would come here and run this program like like a powerhouse. That does not mean we would go undefeated or even have a winning season, but it does mean this program would be organized and well-ran. I'm do not care who the coach is not every player is going to buy in to the system, or like there personality, but winning is what matters most and acting like winners on and off the field. Players at places like Riverdale, Alcoa, Hillsboro,etc.. all make football there number one priority and In my opinion we need someone from that type of program who doesn't no what its like to lose, to come to Cannon Co. and change the mindset of losing and make the palyers act like and have the work-ethic of winners. If we ge that type of coach I guarantee there will be people quit and complain, but when the culture is changed here and the wins come, a few players quitting will not matter.

CC may have waited too late to get a good quality coach in here this year. The firing came way late. And with spring practice right arount the corner, whats the odds of getting a good coach? Especially in Cannon county. Aint no big name coach going to want to come here. We just gotta hope for an assistant that turns into something a big school never give him the chance to do. Im excited to see what the administration hires and get this thing rolling. It needs to happen quick. Like within the next two weeks

Cannon County does have a incredible assistant coach, Coach Griswold, that has been around winning and knows what the winnings atmosphere is like. He himself played, and I think it takes someone that has been through everything to understand what to call and what not to call on the field. I think he would make a perfect canidate for the head coach position if he is qualified..

Cannon County does have a incredible assistant coach, Coach Griswold, that has been around winning and knows what the winnings atmosphere is like. He himself played, and I think it takes someone that has been through everything to understand what to call and what not to call on the field. I think he would make a perfect canidate for the head coach position if he is qualified..

If yall's Principal and AD wanted the Asst. coach he would be hired by now. Not going to happen. Besides, would you want an Asst. coach from previous teams or a proven winner from Alcoa/Riverdale (if the rumors are true)? Yall's Coach Grizwold is a good coach, but when you have the chance to hire from one of those schools, go for it.

That is a nice rumor..... The only thing that he wouldnt have here that they have there is the money, but I am sure things would work out for the best. We all gotta remember to support whoever it is.

The only difference between Alcoa and CC is the money? Is this some kind of joke? You must be kidding right?

The only difference between Alcoa and CC is the money? Is this some kind of joke? You must be kidding right?

You are right about that. It's money, facilities, tradition, athletes. As I said in earlier post I can only hope this rumor is true. If Cannon Co. could get an assistant off a program like Alcoa that could come here and show Cannon Co. how a successful football program is ran, it would be great. It's no secret our facilities are not anywhere close to where thay need to be, and despite that we still have excellent attendance at every home game. There are some positives at Cannon Co. we just need a coach to come here and show the players, and adminisration how to build a winning football program and when the negative culture is changed here thats when the wins will hopefully come

Ok ok the Alcoa comment might have been a little off. What I should have said besides the money, CCHS could have all of the same things as Alcoa.. Now facilities and money go hand in hand...

Athletes can be made through hard work. Have you guys ever seen some of the kids that walk the halls that dont play. There are kids there that have the frames to be serious players. It is all about attitude and tradition. Gotta start building it now because if we dont we will all be saying the same thing 10 yrs from now. The county has to buy into the program. When another team rolls into town they should know that the town supports these kids. Trust me the bodies are at this school just gotta get the football attitude

Ok ok the Alcoa comment might have been a little off. What I should have said besides the money, CCHS could have all of the same things as Alcoa.. Now facilities and money go hand in hand...

Athletes can be made through hard work. Have you guys ever seen some of the kids that walk the halls that dont play. There are kids there that have the frames to be serious players. It is all about attitude and tradition. Gotta start building it now because if we dont we will all be saying the same thing 10 yrs from now. The county has to buy into the program. When another team rolls into town they should know that the town supports these kids. Trust me the bodies are at this school just gotta get the football attitude

PLease, believe me. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone in any way but ATHLETES are born athletic. True, you can a turn a 5 flat guy into a 4.7 and increase his vertical from a 19 to around a 30 in a couple or three years. The difference is, ATHLETES start at 4.7 with a 30 inch vertical. The ones of those who are willing to work are the ones who get to 4.5s, 4.4s, 4.3s with 40 inch verticals. This is while they are still in high school and growing and developing. The hardest working guy doesn't always win. The smartest guy doesn't always win. The hardest working, smartest, more athletic, bigger, faster, stronger guy on the better team with better players around him - that guy usually wins. It's also true that CC, nor most other schools, play many teams like the Alcoas, Fultons, Catholics, Hillsboros, Milans. I'm simply saying that's what sets them apart. You can't alter a guy's genetics. 6'4", 335 is just what it is. Fast guys are fast. Big, powerful guys are big and powerful. You can work the others 'til you are blue in the face but 5.0 isn't ever gonna run a 4.3 and 5'10", 215 isn't turning into 6'4", 335. I don't care how you slice it.

PLease, believe me. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone in any way but ATHLETES are born athletic. True, you can a turn a 5 flat guy into a 4.7 and increase his vertical from a 19 to around a 30 in a couple or three years. The difference is, ATHLETES start at 4.7 with a 30 inch vertical. The ones of those who are willing to work are the ones who get to 4.5s, 4.4s, 4.3s with 40 inch verticals. This is while they are still in high school and growing and developing. The hardest working guy doesn't always win. The smartest guy doesn't always win. The hardest working, smartest, more athletic, bigger, faster, stronger guy on the better team with better players around him - that guy usually wins. It's also true that CC, nor most other schools, play many teams like the Alcoas, Fultons, Catholics, Hillsboros, Milans. I'm simply saying that's what sets them apart. You can't alter a guy's genetics. 6'4", 335 is just what it is. Fast guys are fast. Big, powerful guys are big and powerful. You can work the others 'til you are blue in the face but 5.0 isn't ever gonna run a 4.3 and 5'10", 215 isn't turning into 6'4", 335. I don't care how you slice it.

I agree with the part about genetics I really do. But, walking around the school there have always been kids that have the frames for that. Just gotta figure out how to get those kids on the field. I saw several 4.4-4.6 guys while I was there and some where big and strong.

No disrespect none taken. So the kids in Alcoa are just more athletic at birth???? They arent taught to play football from birth there?

Hold your horses there Warrior, someone commented on your stint at Cannon County in the earlier post (see the McDonald's quote)...The Kid that is in school is constantly in the middle of all aspects of cannon county sports since you have left and before also. If you would listen to him instead of trying to hire someone you are partial too you could learn something. Wildcat is the most dedicated fan in Cannon County and is in tune with what goes on in the adminastration. Don't start talking like you've done it all. Yes you got it going in the right direction but you had alot more to work with than Bartsch (injuries hurt his tenure). The worst thing Cannon County could do is bring the Georgia coach back to Woodbury...period. He didn't cut it in his interview less than 18 months ago and one season in Georgia doesn't make you a championship type coach. It's my understanding he is cut from the same cloth as you, don't take offense but that is not what Cannon County needs right now. Lay off Widcat, if you were smart you would pick the phone up and call the AD and the principal and get the educated young man on the search committee..... That's how you can help the program, lay off the Georgia thing, the program doesn't need it.....I enjoy talking back and forth with you but can't agree with you on wildcat.....I've had numerous conversations with him, probably more than any other person from Cannon County. He's one of those that has all the tools and is very mature (way beyond his age). If I were someone interested I would make sure the day he rolled out of MTSU, he would be on my payroll...still trying to figure out how to get him on my team..... All i'm saying is don't sell the young man short. Be careful what you say, possible could be your boss one day.

Doubt it.