REGION TOURNAMENT AT JOHNSON COUNTY

agitator53

I'm glad this is a forum where people's identities are hidden. After some of the responses from so-called Longhorn Fans, I know that Austin would be embarassed to call these people fans of J.C. Some of the things that have been said on here are absolutely insensitive. You must realize that you are talking about KIDS!!! Atwood would never condone what is being said by frauds claiming to be fans of his team. I have known the coaching staff for years, have hung out with them, and have listened to Atwood give our team a pep talk before the Regional game a few years back. If you are a TRUE Longhorn fan, then you should think about who you represent and how your attitude will come off to others, because you are, whether you like it or not, a reflection of Atwoods, the Johnson County community, and the school. To fans other than Johnson County, Longhorn07 does not represent the team, coaching staff, or community at large. He, or she, is just crying out for attention and getting it the wrong way (at the expense of KIDS, tarnishing a great program, and great community). The best thing to do is to ignore and not respond to his an others who speak from the wrong end of their opening. GOD Bless!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad this is a forum where people's identities are hidden. After some of the responses from so-called Longhorn Fans, I know that Austin would be embarassed to call these people fans of J.C. Some of the things that have been said on here are absolutely insensitive. You must realize that you are talking about KIDS!!! Atwood would never condone what is being said by frauds claiming to be fans of his team. I have known the coaching staff for years, have hung out with them, and have listened to Atwood give our team a pep talk before the Regional game a few years back. If you are a TRUE Longhorn fan, then you should think about who you represent and how your attitude will come off to others, because you are, whether you like it or not, a reflection of Atwoods, the Johnson County community, and the school. To fans other than Johnson County, Longhorn07 does not represent the team, coaching staff, or community at large. He, or she, is just crying out for attention and getting it the wrong way (at the expense of KIDS, tarnishing a great program, and great community). The best thing to do is to ignore and not respond to his an others who speak from the wrong end of their opening. GOD Bless!!!!

You havent seen a thing untill you come to the dog pound!

No offense intended but I think longhorn07 actually sums up what I saw last night. I can handle being loud and rough and creating a home court advantage but dang. Idk who atwood is but if its the coach who came onto the court after the technical then id say he goes in with them too. Sure it was a blown call, if anything it should have been a double T. But we got calls like that all night and you didnt see any of our coaches on the court with the players BEGGING AND PLEADING with a referee. All our discussions occurred during timeouts. Was it a good game? absolutely. Did people get a little carried away with it? yes. Am I bitter about it? nope, we just didnt do what we had to do to win. Like i posted earlier in another thread last nights crowd does not reflect on the county or the school for me. People just got a little too excited last night. I know people are better than what they showed last night.

Good to hear. The Longhorns are a good team. Take nothing from them. They played a hard game and won. No excuses intended nor made. I guess we've all got "some of those fans" to deal with.

i agree jc runs a clean hard nosed program and would never condone unsportsman like conduct or attitudes. i am sure that it being a win or go home game made the atmosphere a little more hectic. but i can tell you for the most part jc fans enjoy watching good competition and respect the other players and coaches.

go vols

Whats all the fuss about all you guys could combine and still can't get thru AE or Fulton.

Disagree, last year in the regional playoffs skylar kept us in the fulton game by himself. Put him with some of the johnson county post players and a healthy grainger team and I dont think either AE or fulton want any. But thats a moot point now isn't it?

all bs to the side it was a good game. maybe our fans do get a little loud and carried away at games but we are a competitive bunch. im definately not saying we're gonna win the state or anything like that...whoever gets past the regional is gonna have to get through AE or Fulton. hopefully if we do get to them we can get hot and give them a run. grainger did make a run in the 2nd half and the atmosphere got loud in the gym saturday night...if #4 did have some other players that would move without the ball, they would be a better team. he is a "good" high school player, the best player on their team by far, and thats why we double and triple teamed him.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

all bs to the side it was a good game. maybe our fans do get a little loud and carried away at games but we are a competitive bunch. im definately not saying we're gonna win the state or anything like that...whoever gets past the regional is gonna have to get through AE or Fulton. hopefully if we do get to them we can get hot and give them a run. grainger did make a run in the 2nd half and the atmosphere got loud in the gym saturday night...if #4 did have some other players that would move without the ball, they would be a better team. he is a "good" high school player, the best player on their team by far, and thats why we double and triple teamed him.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Yea, and he scored 22 or 23 points with a tripple team, and fighting the flu. I think that rates him MUCH more that just "good". /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Yea, and he scored 22 or 23 points with a tripple team, and fighting the flu. I think that rates him MUCH more that just "good". /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I think he will be in trouble at college level unless he gets his nerves under control. If he gets so nervous that he misses the front of the goal on a free throw at this level /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> well all i know is that college games might be a little bit louder. I think saturday nights game was very competitive you could tell both teams wanted it bad. As long as we stay focused against Union I think we have a very good chance, we play great team ball.

I think he will be in trouble at college level unless he gets his nerves under control. If he gets so nervous that he misses the front of the goal on a free throw at this level /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> well all i know is that college games might be a little bit louder. I think saturday nights game was very competitive you could tell both teams wanted it bad. As long as we stay focused against Union I think we have a very good chance, we play great team ball.

You do play great team ball but I think union has more overall talent than either of us. Hopefully your kids dont catch the flu soon though. Two more of ours came down with it today. Im just hoping I dont get it /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You do play great team ball but I think union has more overall talent than either of us. Hopefully your kids dont catch the flu soon though. Two more of ours came down with it today. Im just hoping I dont get it /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

yes i hope our boys dont catch it as well. did grainger beat union with the 122 zone?