When is the Warren County Basketball banquet?

bigmoney128

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know when the WC basketball banquet is?

After that decision are suppose to come about the future of the program!!!!

Sorry "bigmoney" , but the "SWAMI" sees NO CHANGES occuring for next year, concerning the Lady Pioneer program. The 3 to 4 people who have the say so, will not do what's right, even though, 99% of the people who attend or NO LONGER attend games , would love to see a change. Could a new Coach possibily do worse ? We have been the arm-pit of our district, during her tenure, and will continue to be going into the new realignment. Wouldn't it be grand to have someone new leading us, as we make the change to a new district. I have a question?Why , do you think this county has never hired a minority to lead the program ??

OK, I posted on the boys thread, apparently there's not a lot of crossover. You CAN'T just "go AA". Classification is based on student population. District is based on geography. That simple. We can't choose our classification or district. The only way to "go AA" would be build another school, ala Cumberland Co. Not happening. Good call about not wanting to go AA if it's 7AA, that's Clarkrange territory and I don't think we want any part of them, no matter the classification, maybe they would want to play us, though.... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Anyway, I'm betting against change at this point. Gotta try the new district.

It's my opinion the new district won't be as big of a help for the girls as the boys. Cumberland girls can play. Usually, one of the Boro girls teams isn't that great, so there goes a win or two. The boys will have a MUCH easier run than the girls. In general, I've noticed boys teams are better in large cities and girls are better in rural areas. (No explanation, just an observation) Going by this, obviously the new district is MUCH more rural than the old one. I really think this should help the boys and not the girls. Either way, isn't it just semantics when you have more wins, but they're against weaker competition?

Sorry "bigmoney" , but the "SWAMI" sees NO CHANGES occuring for next year, concerning the Lady Pioneer program. The 3 to 4 people who have the say so, will not do what's right, even though, 99% of the people who attend or NO LONGER attend games , would love to see a change. Could a new Coach possibily do worse ? We have been the arm-pit of our district, during her tenure, and will continue to be going into the new realignment. Wouldn't it be grand to have someone new leading us, as we make the change to a new district. I have a question?Why , do you think this county has never hired a minority to lead the program ??

Sorry to say I told you so but, I'm telling you the change has been made and the word has been passed on that the current WC girls coach will not be retained for next season. The agreement was to not make it public until after the basketball banquet and guess what, they are delaying the banquet to try and gather support to fight it. The fight is over, there is huge dissatisfaction in the county, school board and even inside the high school athletic programs with coaches of other sports. Several within the Southern Standard office also know what has happened and has confirmed the "rumor" with the director of schools. Why are they not running it? Maybe they're chicken to stir anything up, just like everyone else was in the county. Everyone is sick of the Jacobs communist ways of doing things. There are major changes coming soon in other areas of the athletic dept.

Everyone will be very surprised at the interest and names that have already made contact with the school system as interested in the job. Some are still playing as we speak. The future for WC girls basketball will be big time again starting next year. It won't be turned around overnight, but it will be for once headed in the right direction.

Sorry to say I told you so but, I'm telling you the change has been made and the word has been passed on that the current WC girls coach will not be retained for next season. The agreement was to not make it public until after the basketball banquet and guess what, they are delaying the banquet to try and gather support to fight it. The fight is over, there is huge dissatisfaction in the county, school board and even inside the high school athletic programs with coaches of other sports. Several within the Southern Standard office also know what has happened and has confirmed the "rumor" with the director of schools. Why are they not running it? Maybe they're chicken to stir anything up, just like everyone else was in the county. Everyone is sick of the Jacobs communist ways of doing things. There are major changes coming soon in other areas of the athletic dept.

Everyone will be very surprised at the interest and names that have already made contact with the school system as interested in the job. Some are still playing as we speak. The future for WC girls basketball will be big time again starting next year. It won't be turned around overnight, but it will be for once headed in the right direction.

I second all of that-- exactly what I have heard from very reliable sources. I also know they are still up to their manipulative ways of trying to be "above" the rules as if this don't apply to them. This deal should have been done and over the day the decision was made. The support is there for change and there are hundreds of signatures to back it up. Many gutless, all about myself people involved here and I don't mind naming them-- Jerry Hale, James Bennett, Andy Jacobs and Ann Eades. It's time they look in the mirror and see where the blame lies for letting this program slip to this level. It should be about the kids and not about them. If you can't get the job done and create a positive experience for the student, you should step aside. Instead, this entire county has had to push this bunch aside and they are acting as if it doesn't apply to them.

What does a stupid banquet have to do with any of this anyway-- what are they going to give out, "the most likely to not succeed award?" When you go winless, not to mention not even competitive in the district there should be no awards. What about a little practice on banquet night? This can't end soon enough.

I second all of that-- exactly what I have heard from very reliable sources. I also know they are still up to their manipulative ways of trying to be "above" the rules as if this don't apply to them. This deal should have been done and over the day the decision was made. The support is there for change and there are hundreds of signatures to back it up. Many gutless, all about myself people involved here and I don't mind naming them-- Jerry Hale, James Bennett, Andy Jacobs and Ann Eades. It's time they look in the mirror and see where the blame lies for letting this program slip to this level. It should be about the kids and not about them. If you can't get the job done and create a positive experience for the student, you should step aside. Instead, this entire county has had to push this bunch aside and they are acting as if it doesn't apply to them.

What does a stupid banquet have to do with any of this anyway-- what are they going to give out, "the most likely to not succeed award?" When you go winless, not to mention not even competitive in the district there should be no awards. What about a little practice on banquet night? This can't end soon enough.

Bennett does not do anything with any coach until after the team banquets. He has always waited until the banquet which is the official end to a season for the teams, before making a coaching move, unless it is an emergency ie. Tidwell throwing helmet. THey are supposed to be setting a date for the banquet today.

WELL......... did they set the date today or do they need more time?

Notice that several others have already fired last season's coach.

Bennett must be very through or very fearful.

DRAG THEM FEET DUDE and this will all just go away. HUH?

Where are you hoops20?

They set the date alright-- HA!! They decided not to have a banquet- can you believe that. It would be easier to overthrow Hitler, Hussein and find Bin Laden than to get this bunch of idiots to play by the rules. They just won't give it up. Even The Jacob's parents are calling and visiting with people trying to get support to keep her.

The school director has made the call to make the change. If it's not made by the next school board meeting, there will be lots of parents and supporters there to take over the meeting. It's about to get ugly.

These girls need to be making plans for the summer as to who, where and what they are going to play and get ready for next season. The head coach should be involved in this and the decisions made for next year. Kind of hard to do not knowing who that is. Any way to destroy the program, they are for it. I think it has been destroyed enough.