Mid TN Top 10

broomer10

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Mid Tenn Soccer followers. Here's the pre-season Top 10 for the area as I see it.

1) Hendersonville

2) Father Ryan

3) Independence

4) Pope John Paul II

5) Brentwood

6) Station Camp

7) Ravenwood

8) Blackman

9) MBA

10) Lavergne

Thoughts? Who have i missed?

Think Centennial should be on the list; Sandy is a good coach and they have some talent, especially if Tyson gets healthy. Brentwood may be too high based on loss of about a dozen seniors so a top 5 may be generous but they always seem good at reloading. Agree with Independence for now but not really convinced they'll stay top 5 (defeated Page 1 - 0 last week). Don't see Father Ryan this high (lost to Ravenwood 3 - 2 last week). Agree that Blackman should be on the list, however, think they'll struggle at midfield with the injury to Matt Cavett so we'll see. Agree Hendersonville should be top dog as they have 4 or 5 seniors who have all signed LOI's and Nathanial Sprouse should help them too. They travel to Ravenwood this week. Should be good. Both sides have good center mids who could make the difference.

Think Centennial should be on the list; Sandy is a good coach and they have some talent, especially if Tyson gets healthy. Brentwood may be too high based on loss of about a dozen seniors so a top 5 may be generous but they always seem good at reloading. Agree with Independence for now but not really convinced they'll stay top 5 (defeated Page 1 - 0 last week). Don't see Father Ryan this high (lost to Ravenwood 3 - 2 last week). Agree that Blackman should be on the list, however, think they'll struggle at midfield with the injury to Matt Cavett so we'll see. Agree Hendersonville should be top dog as they have 4 or 5 seniors who have all signed LOI's and Nathanial Sprouse should help them too. They travel to Ravenwood this week. Should be good. Both sides have good center mids who could make the difference.

Indy is a very well coached squad this year. The Page game was a very good game played by Page, coming in as the obvious underdog, and holding thier own throughout the first 70 minutes of the game. I think that they will be a team that really steps up their play this year and makes it to state. After getting to sub state last year they will have the heart to go all the way in the new season.

broomer, could you expand to maybe top 25 or so?

Tough to do because it would essentially list all teams about 4 to 5 deep in their divisions. I would add these teams to the watch list:

11) Riverdale

12) Goodpasture

13) Centennial

14) White House Heritage

15) Smyrna

16) BGA

17) Mt Juliet

18) Portland

19) Franklin

20) Rossview

Each will compete to some degree and a few may surprise some people. I've heard a lot of talk about Brentwood and how they'll be "down" this year. I still think their D will be tough and will keep them in most games. I've not heard much about Riverdale this year yet but they finished well last year and unless they lost a host of seniors they could also be in the thick in AAA.

Yeah you're probably right. Think Blackman will struggle due to injuries. Did you see the Lavergne game vs. Blackman? If so, how did the midfield match up look?

That was one of the most glaring disagreements that i had with the list. Lavergne should be higher.

Also, in the second list I have a problem with Smyrna being in that group. Their record last year was not good at all. I think McGavock or some District 9 A-AA teams (CPA, HF, MLK) should be in the mix.

Yeah you're probably right. Think Blackman will struggle due to injuries. Did you see the Lavergne game vs. Blackman? If so, how did the midfield match up look?

I was at that game . lavaerne played well , but Blackman was without both senior mids and there senior GK . Coach Vice has since moved some players around and if they played again it would be a totally different game.

I was at that game . lavaerne played well , but Blackman was without both senior mids and there senior GK . Coach Vice has since moved some players around and if they played again it would be a totally different game.

Yeah, not surprising. One of the mids for Blackman is Matt Cavett. Very good in the middle and a better kid. He'll be playing for Arkansas State if memory serves.