HILLSBORO BASKETBALL

BurroPride

For years everyone has known that Hillsboro is playing with a loaded deck. OPEN ENROLLMENT. How is it that their basketball team never wins anything (save district tournament 08')??? They always have talent but always seems to just get by. The truth is the mens basketball coach can't coach. People have been dancing around this issue for the entire time Rodney has been there. He stinks. He is without question the worst coach in metro. With the talent he has, he seems to only win on talent. In the games I've viewed, talent has carried that team. His coaching is a hinderance to the schools talent level. AM I WRONG? Tell me; Is it time to find a new football and basketball coach??? People always say that Hillsboro doesn't have great community support. Has anyone noticed that their coaches don't get out in the community? Nearly everyone knew Coach Blade (former football coach) was using Hillsboro (and its talent) to work his way towards Knoxville (his dream job... UT STAFF). He didn't care about the workings of the Hillsboro community. And that was ok because he TAUGHT football at a high level. WIN-WIN. Hillsboro could have hugh support and gates if the coaches and faculity acted like they wanted it. It has Green Hills, Edgehill and Antioch (where most kids come from). Hillsboro deserves to get coaches who can capitalize on the great gift it has; TALENT. It is the jewel of metro and should be treated as such!!! Getting coaches who can coach is a start!

I do not include the girls basketball coach in this statement. SHE KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE TALENT AND CAN COACH!!!

Wake up Burros!!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For years everyone has known that Hillsboro is playing with a loaded deck. OPEN ENROLLMENT. How is it that their basketball team never wins anything (save district tournament 08')??? They always have talent but always seems to just get by. The truth is the mens basketball coach can't coach. People have been dancing around this issue for the entire time Rodney has been there. He stinks. He is without question the worst coach in metro. With the talent he has, he seems to only win on talent. In the games I've viewed, talent has carried that team. His coaching is a hinderance to the schools talent level. AM I WRONG? Tell me; Is it time to find a new football and basketball coach??? People always say that Hillsboro doesn't have great community support. Has anyone noticed that their coaches don't get out in the community? Nearly everyone knew Coach Blade (former football coach) was using Hillsboro (and its talent) to work his way towards Knoxville (his dream job... UT STAFF). He didn't care about the workings of the Hillsboro community. And that was ok because he TAUGHT football at a high level. WIN-WIN. Hillsboro could have hugh support and gates if the coaches and faculity acted like they wanted it. It has Green Hills, Edgehill and Antioch (where most kids come from). Hillsboro deserves to get coaches who can capitalize on the great gift it has; TALENT. It is the jewel of metro and should be treated as such!!! Getting coaches who can coach is a start!

I do not include the girls basketball coach in this statement. SHE KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE TALENT AND CAN COACH!!!

Wake up Burros!!!

You are a complete imbecile.

Thweat can't coach and Carter can, how laughable. Crawl back into your one post hole super genius.

Wake up Burros!!!

Another classic case of someone hiding behind a screen name to oust a coach. If you feel this strongly, be a man and stand behind what you say, don't hide behind a message board screen name. Wow, you should be proud.

I have no kids of age to play at Hillsboro. But I do have ties to a few players on the team. It would be foolish of me to "out" them and ruin their remaining career. But all is not happy at Hillsboro.

And to the prior replies; I'm sure you want Rodney to stay at Hillsboro. You have ties to Williamson County schools and his style is just like you like it. If they played more up tempo and used their athletes properly I don't think you guys could hang.

I have no kids of age to play at Hillsboro. But I do have ties to a few players on the team. It would be foolish of me to "out" them and ruin their remaining career. But all is not happy at Hillsboro.

And to the prior replies; I'm sure you want Rodney to stay at Hillsboro. You have ties to Williamson County schools and his style is just like you like it. If they played more up tempo and used their athletes properly I don't think you guys could hang.

He did not say "out" any kids. He said say dont hide behind a screen name.

Nice try; trying out for dodgeball?

Nice first and second post, at least with your newest screen name.

Hang with who? Franklin has won the reg season district 5 years in a row? You are way off base.

He did not say "out" any kids. He said say dont hide behind a screen name.

Nice try; trying out for dodgeball?

Nice first and second post, at least with your newest screen name.

I have a son that plays ball at Hillsboro and he says Coach Thweet can coach. And I believe him because he has played long enough to know a good coach from a bad one. I certainly can see where BurroPride is coming from... And if he is who I think he is... I understand, but his method is wrong and should be directed at Coach face to face. I'm sure he would appreciate the same. There is plenty things I don't like but I eat it. Believe me Coach catches loads of crap during every home game.

And by the way BurroPride, SwamiSays and Jim Harrick my name is Mike Robinson... You?

The person who started this thread is so wrong..This a great coach who demands the best out his players.. I think is to caught up in what everyone else says, and he does not follow his school. Coach Mcgill is the girls head coach who use to coach at pearl High, and is going thru health issues. The lady who is coaching is doing a great job, but she is not the head coach. What some of us fans do not realize is that coaches job is to coach and make good decisions not play the game. He is by not by far the worst coach in metro. Respect your coach, if we have a problem with our coaches go up to him and talk to him in a civil manor, not blasting him on a blog network

OK Let me say this 11AAA, is the most toughest league to coach and play in. I have watched Hillsboro play this year and thought the coach has done a great job with those kids. He just lack shooters, the offense that I saw was they attack the rim and shoot the high percentage shots, that's how you become successful because when you got Franklin, Brentwood, Independence, and Overton all shooting lights out from 3 point line it becomes difficult. Man I think whoever wrote this needs to back off Coach T, he has done a great job. He had a talented Freshman class that will run the District next year. Cool off.