Refrees?

bulldog787

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> I was watching a game the other day and the refree blowed it for one team.I cant stand when refs decide who wins or loses.

Was that game yesterday? Idk the answer to your question though. They have their biases and they act upon them. Some more extreme than others.

I'm affraid to ask, but what game.

It's amazing the perception that a fan can have. Have you ever put a whistle in your mouth and made a few trips up and down the court? Try it. It will change your opinion.

At this point in the season the guys calling your games are far from their homes. They have no opinion in who wins or loses the game. They just drove 100 miles to work for you.

I understand the distance thing but those perceptions are made by a few quick things. Home team, coaches, players, A ref can get any one thing he doesnt like about a team and have a negative view of it. Im not saying all refs are impartial but you yourself will have to admit you have seen a referee blatantly make a call for one team when everyone in the gym knows its the wrong call.

I'm affraid to ask, but what game.

It's amazing the perception that a fan can have. Have you ever put a whistle in your mouth and made a few trips up and down the court? Try it. It will change your opinion.

At this point in the season the guys calling your games are far from their homes. They have no opinion in who wins or loses the game. They just drove 100 miles to work for you.

Im not sayig all refs are bad but some get kicks out of makeing the crowd boo them.

if you are a ref I would like to talk to you. mabey if you ref a hampton game.

You have dishonest people in every profession. So i can't say that they don't also exist on the court. It is very unfortunate. However, I have seen much more class and dignity in the officials I take the court with than I do in office meetings on Monday. It's tough to make those split second decisions.

One thing to take in to consideration. Imagine you are at work on Monday. Your boss or some co-workers, or better yet, someone not involved in your job at all comes by and blasts you for something. Is that going to motivate you, conscious or subconscious, to do a better job??? Probably not. That is what I don't understand about a coach or fans riding an official. For most, it doesn't help!

They are still people and they are going to react the same way all people do. Just put the same circumstances in a different situation and see what you would do. I'm just saying......

You have dishonest people in every profession. So i can't say that they don't also exist on the court. It is very unfortunate. However, I have seen much more class and dignity in the officials I take the court with than I do in office meetings on Monday. It's tough to make those split second decisions.

One thing to take in to consideration. Imagine you are at work on Monday. Your boss or some co-workers, or better yet, someone not involved in your job at all comes by and blasts you for something. Is that going to motivate you, conscious or subconscious, to do a better job??? Probably not. That is what I don't understand about a coach or fans riding an official. For most, it doesn't help!

They are still people and they are going to react the same way all people do. Just put the same circumstances in a different situation and see what you would do. I'm just saying......

yea but when a ref throws a person out of the game for saying "you stink" i dont see why he through him out

completely agree with the scenario. I dont get coaches nagging the whole game. It's more than likely not gonna work. lol

i thought the 3 officials that did our game on firday Riverdale vs Lincoln COunty did a reall good job while i am sure there was a few calls that we may have disagreed with and a few LC disagreed with but i thought they did a great job and i would love to have those 3 the rest of the way through they had no effect on the outcome nor the flow of the game so it was nice to get some good referring

Well I couldn??™t even start to evaluate the decision of that official. We did throw one out for saying ???you stink you bald headed ######.??? I think he deserved it??¦.. If ???you stink??? followed many other expletives or threats he probably deserved it.

One problem I have with that was illustrated in a game last week. There were several little kids, probably middle school age, telling me how bad I stunk and their parents were right behind them giving it to us at the same time. It??™s just a bad example to set.