Refrees?

bulldog787

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Obviously you have to get into officiating as it appears you already are one leg up on the officiating world with that comment...officials may make or not make a call during the cousre of a game, but that missed free throw or critical turnover more than once had quite a bit to decide the outcome of the game....think a little before you make a statement such as officials deciding the outcome of a game....

Get a life.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you have never seen a bball game.so shut up

bada ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding......I hear the banjo playing in your background.......you don't get out much do you bulldog......Won't your Sister, I mean your Mom let you come out and play..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I understand the officiating side of things, as I am a football official. But watching high school basketball officials over the past 10 years, I have seen a decline in the level of officiating. For whatever reason, some of the officials in basketball think that everyone is there to watch them. I say some, because I know that for the most part officials are doing a good job, at least the best that they can. I am even ok with the occasional missed call. I am not ok with there being no repercussions for officials, football included. I mean if kick a coach out and then look back on film and realize that he did not deserve it, I should be punished somehow. I know of a coach that was ejected this season from a basketball game. He got the first T for arguing a block/charge call. Deserved the first one. Called a timeout and while addressing his players in the huddle, quit calmly said "I don't care if they call it or not, take the charge." Whistle blows and ref gives him Tech number 2. Cost the coach $250 and 2 game suspension. What did the ref get, nothing. Those are the situations that I have a problem with. I too was at the LC/OR game Saturday and it was the worst officiating that I have seen in my 20+ years around the sport. I have never walked away from a game and said the officials cost a team a game until Saturday. Tyler Hood, the best player in Region 2AAA was on the bench within 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter with 3 fouls. He was being pushed, kicked, held, shoved, everytime he tried to post up. One time, he was being horse collared around the neck and the ref called a double foul. When Coach Wells began to gripe, the ref (same one that Downtown247 mentioned) told him that it would "only get worse before the night was over." How can a guy like that be calling a game that is so important to these kids, especially the seniors. Those kids will never see the floor again, yet this one official is probably going to be officiating tonight somewhere. With Hood in the game, LC probably wins. Again, officials I am not lumping all of you into this group, but there are several out there that try to stick it to one team or one coach.

Want you come to a hampton game so you can see for your self

Bulldog...you are an idiot...

The proper English for your sentence would have been, "Why don't you come to a Hampton game so you can see for yourself?". I'm sure a man of Dickie V's caliber has better things to do than come to a Hampton game. Besides, how many people do you think would stand idly by and allow you to threaten or harm Dickie V? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Bulldog...you are an idiot...

The proper English for your sentence would have been, "Why don't you come to a Hampton game so you can see for yourself?". I'm sure a man of Dickie V's caliber has better things to do than come to a Hampton game. Besides, how many people do you think would stand idly by and allow you to threaten or harm Dickie V? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Dickie V has nothing. ive never heard of him

I understand the officiating side of things, as I am a football official. But watching high school basketball officials over the past 10 years, I have seen a decline in the level of officiating. For whatever reason, some of the officials in basketball think that everyone is there to watch them. I say some, because I know that for the most part officials are doing a good job, at least the best that they can. I am even ok with the occasional missed call. I am not ok with there being no repercussions for officials, football included. I mean if kick a coach out and then look back on film and realize that he did not deserve it, I should be punished somehow. I know of a coach that was ejected this season from a basketball game. He got the first T for arguing a block/charge call. Deserved the first one. Called a timeout and while addressing his players in the huddle, quit calmly said "I don't care if they call it or not, take the charge." Whistle blows and ref gives him Tech number 2. Cost the coach $250 and 2 game suspension. What did the ref get, nothing. Those are the situations that I have a problem with. I too was at the LC/OR game Saturday and it was the worst officiating that I have seen in my 20+ years around the sport. I have never walked away from a game and said the officials cost a team a game until Saturday. Tyler Hood, the best player in Region 2AAA was on the bench within 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter with 3 fouls. He was being pushed, kicked, held, shoved, everytime he tried to post up. One time, he was being horse collared around the neck and the ref called a double foul. When Coach Wells began to gripe, the ref (same one that Downtown247 mentioned) told him that it would "only get worse before the night was over." How can a guy like that be calling a game that is so important to these kids, especially the seniors. Those kids will never see the floor again, yet this one official is probably going to be officiating tonight somewhere. With Hood in the game, LC probably wins. Again, officials I am not lumping all of you into this group, but there are several out there that try to stick it to one team or one coach.

Sorry but I find it hard to believe that you are an official. Once an official, always an official. We are our only friends! We do get ???punished??? for screwing up. If I went out and pulled some stunt that got 15 calls to the state office the following morning in a region game then I probably won??™t be going to the state!

That is punishment. I have seen officials removed from games because of something that goes on during the week. For the most part you don??™t get to this level if you haven??™t proven yourself along the way. Saying that someone needs to be punished is a pretty big statement. Why don??™t you actually offer a solution as apposed to a generalization??

How should we be punished in your opinion? Let??™s look at it. You said you have seen a decline in Basketball. First it??™s not an appealing job because of folks like you. How are you going to entice more and more quality people to come out and get blasted night in and night out?? So you can??™t get new talent, all the more experienced guys are hanging it up, they all say it??™s gotten out of control before they leave. So now it??™s input output. So you don??™t have enough bodies. You get a person that has proved themselves and you put them on the floor. Someone acts like an idiot and you toss them. So now you say on video it doesn??™t look like they deserved it. OK let??™s suspend the official so he is too scared to do his job next time. Now the coach can push it a little farther. Now the official quits. Cause really who wants to get yelled at for a net profit of $60 a night??? And that is with gas at $2 a gallon!

You say you??™re a football official. If basketball is declining so much then become a two sporter! Please help us out!! We obviously can??™t do a quality job without you!!!

Glad to actually hear some real life officials talk to coaches. Most of them say they will but then they miss a call and it is pointed out to them, understandbly in a loud voice, and the official says sit down and shut up.

Most officials I really do believe are fans of the game or they wouldn't do it. But as in any profession, including coaching, there are some that dont need to be doing it. Would you go to a doctor who only got his diagnoses right 70% of the time or maybe 90%. I dont think so.

I witnessed and have watched it on tape now several times of a girl getting a technical foul in a game last night for clapping when an opposing player received a technical. Worst technical I have ever seen. Her entire team was clapping, they were not taunting anybody. Officals, coaches and fans have to realize that these are kids and that call you are about to make, could effect the emotional state of that kid for a long time, especially when it is a girl.

You say you??™re a football official. If basketball is declining so much then become a two sporter! Please help us out!! We obviously can??™t do a quality job without you!!!

Bulldog get a life. you are a Single a basketball fan. YOu will not get the best officails at a a game. If the guys are working hard leave them alone. And for the money part of it, 55 to state 95 to association and 175 to camp every three years. Get a life or find another sport to go and watch. Quit living through other peoples shoes. your an idoit.

I witnessed and have watched it on tape now several times of a girl getting a technical foul in a game last night for clapping when an opposing player received a technical. Worst technical I have ever seen. Her entire team was clapping, they were not taunting anybody. Officals, coaches and fans have to realize that these are kids and that call you are about to make, could effect the emotional state of that kid for a long time, especially when it is a girl.

So what you're telling me is.. A girl claps in a manner that the official thought it was unsporting and gets punished.. You say that call will effect the emotional state of that kid for a long time? Then I think the girl will think twice about doing it again, don't you think?

And I'm sure that girl is the best girl in her sunday school class, valedictorian, going to be a doctor..... it's just a technical foul... TWO SHOTS and the BALL back!!!! thats it.. Why does everybody freak out and think that when a technical is given someone died?

Now I understand why your title is blankguy. The girl, the fans and her teammates were applauding a call. The official was dead wrong when he teed her up. And you obvviously dont know women very well, it could effect her for a long time, afraid to celebrate good plays, etc. Most coaches make players run when they get a technical so it is a big deal.

Now I understand why your title is blankguy. The girl, the fans and her teammates were applauding a call. The official was dead wrong when he teed her up. And you obvviously dont know women very well, it could effect her for a long time, afraid to celebrate good plays, etc. Most coaches make players run when they get a technical so it is a big deal.

ah... well I was confused?!?! So you mean that players actually applaud good calls without being sarcasic? see it's tough to read minds on here....

And I'm confused again... So you are saying that officials shouldn't call anything on any females because the theory is that it will effect there future behavior???? mainly because it's a female and we don't want her to be "screwed up" for the future!!

Please clarify or reword since I'm a little slow....