mcminn central got the basketball boys back. now the season begins

partyboy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how will central do this year. after the basketball players get back in the groove of things how tought will central be?

I wish the chargers the best as I do each year. Alot of talented seniors return. But their best two pitchers graduated and the number one for this year is questionable due to shoulder issues. They should win their district. But it will be the same song, different verse. Lose to Marion in region or Goodpasture in sectional. Pitching depth will be the reason they do not reach state and in my opinion, they just havent learn how to win. Hope I am wrong.

I wish the chargers the best as I do each year. Alot of talented seniors return. But their best two pitchers graduated and the number one for this year is questionable due to shoulder issues. They should win their district. But it will be the same song, different verse. Lose to Marion in region or Goodpasture in sectional. Pitching depth will be the reason they do not reach state and in my opinion, they just havent learn how to win. Hope I am wrong.

And where do you get the pitcher who is supposed to be the ace is questionable due to a shoulder injury? With him not pitching 1 inning last year how do you consider him the ace for this year? That sure would be alot of pressure.. I hope im wrong but I don't see him getting to throw much this year.. I look for Scott Moses and Ryne Rayburn to step up big time on the mound this year..

Good Post Amigo. Chargers biggest district threat comes from South of the Border. Quality pitching depth is the key for a run at the title. The season will tell the tale. Watch for the quality of pitching in midweek games and tourneys. There might be some guys who can go 2 or 3 innings. We will see how the pitching developes over the season.

Chargers should be able to score runs so the pitching might not have to great until the region and sub-state. Who knows? Lots of experience with great team chemistry might be the formula.

I can not wait for the Meigs and Polk series. Great competition and fun to be a fan!

central lost two of their best players in Starr and Shaw. so i dont think they would inprove any. they are a solid team with a good coach. good luck.

your an idiot if you think starr was on of the best two players on the central staff last year. he didnt do that much except make alot of errors at third base and he never was on the hill in a big time situation. he got hot at the plate at time but wasnt hot often. now shaw is a different story. he was a asset to the pitching rotation. he came in big and did his job. he was a pitcher and nothing else. and for them not improving any i consider you a DA because they are a much more mature and agressive team. they have been wide open since day one. workin like chargers work in the weight room and as a team to become a solid unit. i watched them take bp the other day and they hit 16 bombs in the cold. but we will see what happens when day 1 gets here

central lost two of their best players in Starr and Shaw. so i dont think they would inprove any. they are a solid team with a good coach. good luck.

Starr was not good. He could hit. But thats about it. Heck he didnt even have the best batting average on the team. Two players out hit him. But he probally did have more errors than the whole team did put together.

Central should be very strong offensively from top to bottom. However, Central lacks that dominant starter that every elite team has. They have several above average pitchers (Moses, Rayburn, Cook) but I don't see the guy on that staff that can be the dominant pitcher they are lacking.

And where do you get the pitcher who is supposed to be the ace is questionable due to a shoulder injury? With him not pitching 1 inning last year how do you consider him the ace for this year? That sure would be alot of pressure.. I hope im wrong but I don't see him getting to throw much this year.. I look for Scott Moses and Ryne Rayburn to step up big time on the mound this year..

I really hope Scott and Ryne step up. But neither have the experience or proved they can pitch in the big game. Ryan pitched well in dsitrict final against Polk. But both of them really struggled against Marion in region. Maybe by tournament time they will be ready. We all know you cant get to state without at least one dominant pitcher. No matter how many bombs you hit in practice!

your an idiot if you think starr was on of the best two players on the central staff last year. he didnt do that much except make alot of errors at third base and he never was on the hill in a big time situation. he got hot at the plate at time but wasnt hot often. now shaw is a different story. he was a asset to the pitching rotation. he came in big and did his job. he was a pitcher and nothing else. and for them not improving any i consider you a DA because they are a much more mature and agressive team. they have been wide open since day one. workin like chargers work in the weight room and as a team to become a solid unit. i watched them take bp the other day and they hit 16 bombs in the cold. but we will see what happens when day 1 gets here

Practice? We talking about practice? Bombs in practice? Practice? Give me a little man that hits .400 by going the other way anyday. Call me an idiot, but the Marion game last year may have been different if Central would have stuck with regular pitching rotation. Call me a DA but the Chargers have played .500 ball over the last several years. I am a Charger fan. But they have yet to prove they are mature, discipline, and can win the big game. I hope they will prove me wrong.

Central has some good players but last year they lacked confidence when Shaw was not on the mound and their defense was inconsistent at times. I wish them the best I think they have some good kids. partyboy, it sounds like your jealous of Starr! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just kidding! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Central has some good players but last year they lacked confidence when Shaw was not on the mound and their defense was inconsistent at times. I wish them the best I think they have some good kids. partyboy, it sounds like your jealous of Starr! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just kidding! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

oh ya you know thats the truth 6+4+3=2. we will have to go into detail in that subject at the lake this summer haha

Practice? We talking about practice? Bombs in practice? Practice? Give me a little man that hits .400 by going the other way anyday. Call me an idiot, but the Marion game last year may have been different if Central would have stuck with regular pitching rotation. Call me a DA but the Chargers have played .500 ball over the last several years. I am a Charger fan. But they have yet to prove they are mature, discipline, and can win the big game. I hope they will prove me wrong.

i was just stating that the chargers have improved in the power aspect. not trying to get anything ryled up or whatnot. but i do understand the practice point haha. but it will hopefully run over into the season for them