Columbia Central

Ctown19

I have heard a lot of people talking about them and asking questions about them, well I go to central and play Football and Baseball so if you have any questions about us just ask.

I have noticed that there are a few annoying Siegle fans on here and I would love to beat them! And Oakland fans believe they will beat us so we will see. We are VERY fast and athletic. We also have Big guys down low..

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard a lot of people talking about them and asking questions about them, well I go to central and play Football and Baseball so if you have any questions about us just ask.

I have noticed that there are a few annoying Siegle fans on here and I would love to beat them! And Oakland fans believe they will beat us so we will see. We are VERY fast and athletic. We also have Big guys down low..

Would you say this is the best team they have had since the 98-99 season when the made the STATE championship?

Pay no attention to those Siegel posters.

By the way, welcome to CoachT.

Would you say this is the best team they have had since the 98-99 season when the made the STATE championship?

Thank you and yes BY FAR!! I remember back in the 90's Columbia had a great basketball tradition and you can tell it is starting to get that way again. In 06' I was at Whitthorne Middle School playing basketball with the guys on the team( I chose football and baseball in HS) and we went 21-3 my 7th grade and 22-3 my 8th grade year so you could tell CHS had a good crop coming in.. Everyone can run very good, this is a very athletic team, and Vanta' has been hurt but he is back(Not 100%) and his little brother Webster along with Morty are the best Low post scoring threats. Davanta is a Sophmore and Javaris is a Freshman both 6'4.. 6'5 respectively.. Morty is the Life of the team, he can throw down dunks, hit threes, drive to the lane but I wouldn't say he makes or breaks us.. Marsalis is the PG and the second part of the year he has been Very good and probably is averaging 14-16 PPG.. And if Marsalis is open he will drain the three everytime, as well as Sean Brown and James English.

Pay no attention to those Siegel posters.

I haven't seen Columbia play yet this year, but I do know the 02-03 squad was a pretty formidable team too. A little undersized to win it all, but a state semifinal loss to eventual champ White Station and led by Mr. Basketball finalist Wadale Williams.

I'm a Central alum, and I've been trying to search through these threads for some info on the caliber of team they have this year. Unfortunately, it seems as though half the people who have formed an opinion on them haven't even seen them play. Regardless, I guess we'll find out tomorrow night.

Good luck to all 4 teams in Region 4. It clearly seems as though the top 4 all made it through to the semifinals, and it should make for some entertaining games tomorrow.

I would like to know who from Oakland has said they will win? Me and TJ are the only ones on here and we both acknowledge that it will be a toss up.............

I would like to know who from Oakland has said they will win? Me and TJ are the only ones on here and we both acknowledge that it will be a toss up.............

My former travel ball teamtes go there so i went up there yesterday and everyone was really cocky about the game.. I wasn't refering to the Oakland fans here..

And Lions if you have any questions about this team ask.. I've watched this team play 20+ games and i was on this team for awhile..

My former travel ball teamtes go there so i went up there yesterday and everyone was really cocky about the game.. I wasn't refering to the Oakland fans here..

And Lions if you have any questions about this team ask.. I've watched this team play 20+ games and i was on this team for awhile..

Theyre high school kids. Oakland and Columbia both have rich traditions. I would be worried if they werent cocky. Comparing both teams on paper, Columbia is probably the favorite.

Theyre high school kids. Oakland and Columbia both have rich traditions. I would be worried if they werent cocky. Comparing both teams on paper, Columbia is probably the favorite.

OP you are correct about both having great tradition.Columbia has won 27 District championships, 10 Region championships 15 Substate/sectional appearances 10 State tourneys and 3 State Runner-up (92-93-99). Between Oakland and Columbia they have been dominant teams in Region 4AAA. Columbia did make the state semi-finals in 2003. From 1998 thru 2003 columbia won 4AAA 4 times, just some history. I know that wont help tomorrow, but it will be great to see these two old rivals square off.

OP you are correct about both having great tradition.Columbia has won 27 District championships, 10 Region championships 15 Substate/sectional appearances 10 State tourneys and 3 State Runner-up (92-93-99). Between Oakland and Columbia they have been dominant teams in Region 4AAA. Columbia did make the state semi-finals in 2003. From 1998 thru 2003 columbia won 4AAA 4 times, just some history. I know that wont help tomorrow, but it will be great to see these two old rivals square off.

Is it true that one of Oaklands best players will miss the game?

Can you tell me a little about Oakland's team this year?

Let me preface by saying this: Oakland doesnt have the most talent, or is the most intimidating physically, or the highest-scoring team. What Oakland does well is play within the framework of a team concept, especially on defense. Oakland is led by Jamal Hughes, who does a little bit of everything. By no means is he all Oakland has, as they feature talented guards and a very capable cast down low. Teams have tried to force Oakland into a zone as of late, but Oakland has been able to capitalize, shooting pretty well as of late. Oakland by no means is a run and gun type of team, but they have their moments where they can execute in transition. One of Oakland's strengths is the ability to operate in the half-court, which should serve them well in the face of Columbia's pressure.