Can Upper East Tennesse Break Through?

coachh17

Okay let's take a look at the schedule posted on Coach T--Campbell County, West Green, Happy Valley Thanksgiving tourney, Sullivan East, Claiborne, Sullivan South ARE all real powerhouses aren't they???

And you played some of the twice didn't you??

And let's look at the schedule a little more. Shelbyville, Dobyns-Bennett, Tennessee High, Science Hill, Cocke County (3 times), Greeneville (twice). All were quality wins. Oh yeah, let's not forget that they went 2-1 against South Greene. AA or not, South Greene is still a strong team, and basketball is 5-on-5 no matter the size of the school. They played Cloudland in the Happy Valley Classic, which is a good Class-A team.

Couple of other factors...Sullivan South was strong last year when this game was scheduled. And West High doesn't just pick games for the girls to win, the boys also have a say so in who they play.

The West Greene series was setup because an assistant on the boys team was a former coach there, not because Johnny wanted a big win.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And let's look at the schedule a little more. Shelbyville, Dobyns-Bennett, Tennessee High, Science Hill, Cocke County (3 times), Greeneville (twice). All were quality wins. Oh yeah, let's not forget that they went 2-1 against South Greene. AA or not, South Greene is still a strong team, and basketball is 5-on-5 no matter the size of the school. They played Cloudland in the Happy Valley Classic, which is a good Class-A team.

Couple of other factors...Sullivan South was strong last year when this game was scheduled. And West High doesn't just pick games for the girls to win, the boys also have a say so in who they play.

The West Greene series was setup because an assistant on the boys team was a former coach there, not because Johnny wanted a big win.

If I'm not mistaken, West's strength schedule on coacht has been about 25 this year. That's a pretty strong schedule for any team. By the way, some of the wins against the stronger teams were over 20 points. They beat Tennesse High, which is going to state, by 29. I remember the last time they played Greeneville, a very good team with a division 1 player, they won by 30. There is no team around that has played a top 10 team every night. West may not be at the state tournament, but they have certainly proved they are one of the best teams in the state. Anyone that has seen them play could tell you that.

Coach Galyon is a fine coach. But I do believe AAA teams should play AAA teams. Not bashing AA or A but when AAA plays AA or A there is nothing to gain, AAA should beat AA almost all the time. Mo West has alot of returners back for next. Coach should get out of the box and play traditional powers to toughen his squad. I do realize he goes to Greeneville for Christmas. A few losses or close games makes will show your teams weakness(sticks out like a sore thumb). Playing weaker teams you are able to get away with your weakness. (hard to convince players the need to get better with 30 point victories). I still think he is the best coach in the IMAC

Could someone correct but isn't this THREAD's TOPIC about east TN teams breaking through and not let's kick Morristown West while they are down!!!!!!!!!!!! I know those girls are heart-broken. They clearly had one of the best teams in the state. Girls keep your heads up and good luck and even though South Greene is only AA we look forward to playing one of the best teams in the state next. God Bless

Ok guys, finish your sentences and stop leaving words out!! It is very irritating to see whole words lopped off!!

CONGRATS to all of the East TN teams that won and bring it home baby!! I think South Green has a great chance, I know I will get some flack for this, but Tenn High will be hard pressed to beat Memphis Central. They are speed like Tenn High has not seen before. Powell beat West so of course I would like to see them go far. It would be more of a statement since they beat West if they could.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Wish West was there.

Rechelle Dye as you know your Mom and Megan Casteel's aunt is a two time State Champion at South Greene and you cannot let her out do you. LOL! So go down to the "Boro" and bring that Gold Ball back and make it a family tradition and I believe there is another little Dye sister that is coming up in a few years also. I am so proud of you girls. Good Luck and God Bless.

Coach Galyon is a fine coach. But I do believe AAA teams should play AAA teams. Not bashing AA or A but when AAA plays AA or A there is nothing to gain, AAA should beat AA almost all the time. Mo West has alot of returners back for next. Coach should get out of the box and play traditional powers to toughen his squad. I do realize he goes to Greeneville for Christmas. A few losses or close games makes will show your teams weakness(sticks out like a sore thumb). Playing weaker teams you are able to get away with your weakness. (hard to convince players the need to get better with 30 point victories). I still think he is the best coach in the IMAC

I think he probably will not have a choice but to schedule better teams.

A West Greene/Sullivan East probably not going to want to play them. However, all current District 2-AAA teams remaining at the AAA level will see their non-conference schedule reduced by four total games, when the conference goes from 10 to 14 games with the addition of two more teams.