Temple vs Grace Baptist

dadoffour

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see Temple to play good hard defense. Defense wins championships. It is good defense that gives Temple distinction.

But... I would not mind seeing some very good and aggressive offense. I thought Jarrod Johnson's statement in today's Times Free Press was on point:

"I feel like we came out playing to win instead of playing as a team,??? said senior Jarrod Johnson, whose dunk punctuated the Crusaders??™ 17-1 third-quarter run. ???In the second half, our attitude really made the difference..."

Temple Goes On

I want to see Temple to play good hard defense. Defense wins championships. It is good defense that gives Temple distinction.

But... I would not mind seeing some very good and aggressive offense. I thought Jarrod Johnson's statement in today's Times Free Press was on point:

"I feel like we came out playing to win instead of playing as a team,??? said senior Jarrod Johnson, whose dunk punctuated the Crusaders??™ 17-1 third-quarter run. ???In the second half, our attitude really made the difference..."

Temple Goes On

I look for a defensive struggle...Temple 48 Grace 47. I will be there with bells on!

I look for a defensive struggle...Temple 48 Grace 47. I will be there with bells on!

KL would like to see Rade Butcher and OP square off on the middle of the court tomorrow night for some good halftime entertainment. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

KL would like to see Rade Butcher and OP square off on the middle of the court tomorrow night for some good halftime entertainment. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

KL, Old Pirate wonders if you've gone into promoting? Dad burnit ole RR would have to show he could handle the wife and her skillet before getting his shot at OP. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

KL, have you seen any games? That #12 for Grace can really lite it up, has a great shot. OP says the boys from Grace will take this one.

In the words of Ron Burgandy, "That escalated quickly, I mean that really got out of hand." (In reference to the trash talk above between KL, OP, and RB).

Now back to the topic. Temple is the more veteren team that is supposed to win, but Grace has as much talent as any team in this area and maybe in the state in Class A. I will pick Temple by five. They will play for pride more than anything else. Neither Herman nor Sexton had a great game in the Semi's, and both are too good to let that happen again. I just think that the seniors on Temple's team will carry them in this one.

In the words of Ron Burgandy, "That escalated quickly, I mean that really got out of hand." (In reference to the trash talk above between KL, OP, and RB).

Now back to the topic. Temple is the more veteren team that is supposed to win, but Grace has as much talent as any team in this area and maybe in the state in Class A. I will pick Temple by five. They will play for pride more than anything else. Neither Herman nor Sexton had a great game in the Semi's, and both are too good to let that happen again. I just think that the seniors on Temple's team will carry them in this one.

It seems that Grace shoots the ball much, much better in that gym than Temple. For this reason I pick Grace by less than 10.

Grace will need to play better than they did last night to beat Temple. The only way Grace can beat Temple is to play a nearly perfect game. If both teams play nearly perfect, I give the edge to Temple. If Temple plays nearly perfect and Grace has an off night, it will be close to a twenty point difference.

I am talking about being on at both ends of the court. The big issue to me is whether Temple plays solid defense or not. Your defense should always show up whether the shots fall or not and Temple can defend any team when they decide to play it. I really appreciate what Marcum said in the paper about the team's defense last night.

KL, Old Pirate wonders if you've gone into promoting? Dad burnit ole RR would have to show he could handle the wife and her skillet before getting his shot at OP. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

KL, have you seen any games? That #12 for Grace can really lite it up, has a great shot. OP says the boys from Grace will take this one.

KL has watched some of the district and region games. KL thinks that the #12 from Grace is one of the better players in the area. He really put it too SP last night. KL is not into promoting, but I bet we could charge double the admission price if OP and Rade would go at it during halftime. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> KL says to be even, OP must leave the skillet in the bleachers. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />