Upperman @ McMinn Central

charger05

I saw a lot of contact on both ends of the floor the whole game and the ref's let them play, which was a good thing. That's the way the game should be played.

I agree completely!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the situation of events has been pretty well explained on here. While she may not "normally" lose it, she did in this game......so the blame has to go where it belongs - which it did with the tecnical foul. That doesn't mean she has a problem or she's a bad person, it only means she's human and can make mistakes like all of us can at times. The intensity and pressure of a game like this can cause abnormal situations like this to happen, since you know that by losing, the season is over.

yup. that is exactly what I said, but I used less words. Was not trying to imply anything else.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yup. that is exactly what I said, but I used less words. Was not trying to imply anything else.

How much was the up by when Biles got the t?

How much was the up by when Biles got the t?

already discussed earlier in this thread. But it doesnt matter. That did not cost Upperman the game. Not scoring more points than the opponent is what cost them the game. There is no one from Upperman making excuses. They have not yet in this thread, and you wont see it happen. It was two VERY good teams meeting at an unfortunate point in the tourney. And the loser goes home.

Team game. One 30sec. moment in time did not cost Upperman this game. Congrats to both teams on great years, and good luck to McMinn Central later this week.

She is a good player, and an intense player. But getting T'd up is not like her at all. Im sure there was something, somewhere along the line that got out of control, or she would not have gotten out of control. Not trying to displace the blame, just saying that while the intensity certainly is normal for her, the T is not.

I was setting at half court and I could see what happened. When the ball was blocked it came down on Kayla and when both players were going after the ball the Central player hit Kayla in the face. It wasn't intentional just part of the game. There were fouls that weren't called but on both ends. It was something that happened in a highly charged game, nothing more. I will say this about Upperman's season and post season play, I think it is really unfair how Karissa Dyer gets beat up under the goal every game and the refs over look it. Not just in this game it seems like it's every game. It is almost like they over look it because she is tall. I know that is part of the game but it is really unfair to her.

I was setting at half court and I could see what happened. When the ball was blocked it came down on Kayla and when both players were going after the ball the Central player hit Kayla in the face. It wasn't intentional just part of the game. There were fouls that weren't called but on both ends. It was something that happened in a highly charged game, nothing more. I will say this about Upperman's season and post season play, I think it is really unfair how Karissa Dyer gets beat up under the goal every game and the refs over look it. Not just in this game it seems like it's every game. It is almost like they over look it because she is tall. I know that is part of the game but it is really unfair to her.

Thanks Turnadouble. I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks that! But just like I tell Karissa she has to play smarter and tougher every game. It was no different when I played in the STONE AGES!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The ref's just expect you to take it because you are the biggest one out there. Guess it is time for some more farm work this summer! lol.

Seriously, the game was just an intense game and when it is girls...... it is much more emotional than with boys.

She did get hit in the face and of course she got the one-sided deal on this call. I do understand her frustration.

I think we all did.

Good luck again, McMinn Central. I will be yelling for you to win this thing!! That way we can enjoy it in "BEE COUNTRY"! Thanks for a great game Saturday night. IT WAS AWESOME!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />