Has anyone seen or heard from Slyder?

E5

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume the reasoning for this is less transition time as the player gets older? This makes alot of sense to me. Last I heard of Slyder he was considering getting out of scouting to persue a musical career.

CC

Good to hear from you Rider! Had a run of bad luck...couple of breakfast burritos and several change of pants lead to flat tires and not a sign of Hite anywhere. The reasoning is too blow out the arms early so the Tommy John surgery will benefit us when we make the NABFUSSAABCA National title runs when they are 12 thru 14. By then they will hate baseball and we can take up lawn darts and mumbly peg. What do think? What instrument does Slyder play? See you later and GO BWAVES AND CU.

Good to hear from you Rider! Had a run of bad luck...couple of breakfast burritos and several change of pants lead to flat tires and not a sign of Hite anywhere. The reasoning is too blow out the arms early so the Tommy John surgery will benefit us when we make the NABFUSSAABCA National title runs when they are 12 thru 14. By then they will hate baseball and we can take up lawn darts and mumbly peg. What do think? What instrument does Slyder play? See you later and GO BWAVES AND CU.

He plays the spoons and washboard (picture dwight yoakam's band on sling blade). I hate to hear about your burrito mishaps. I'm sure its difficult for a man of your stature to find a suitable commode. You still having that problem with your legs turning blue, or have you found a solution? Maybe you should sit on the tank and rest you feet on the bowl.

Mumbly peg and lawn darts have been outlawed. I've been told the best new game is cornhole. Dont know much about it, but it sounds interesting. Let me know what you find.

CC

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen, and I use that term loosely. I've been a busy man! The scouting gig didn't last. Found a concession stand that served up fried bologna sandwiches and was eventually busted as a fraud. Tried my hand in the music industry but there is already a guy that sleeps till noon and walks around playing guitar in his underwear, so I invented a new baseball device that is sure to make me millions.

Back in the day when I played baseball, my mom was always having trouble getting the stains out of my uniforms. You know how dirty an athlete will get while he makes a legend of himself! When I got into high school sports, the coaches were a lot more picky about keeping you uniforms clean. So... using my experience as a high school athlete, I invented a device to help keep your uniforms cleaner. Its a cloth (with your team colors) that you lay on the bench prior to sitting there for 7 innings! It keeps your uni's cleaner, and for an extra $15, I can add padding. This perk can help you avoid the medical condition that kept me from catching professionally.

Would love to come watch ya'll play sometimes! The court order about me being in close proximity to middle schools will be expiring about tournament time. Until then!

Slyder

Gentlemen, and I use that term loosely. I've been a busy man! The scouting gig didn't last. Found a concession stand that served up fried bologna sandwiches and was eventually busted as a fraud. Tried my hand in the music industry but there is already a guy that sleeps till noon and walks around playing guitar in his underwear, so I invented a new baseball device that is sure to make me millions.

Back in the day when I played baseball, my mom was always having trouble getting the stains out of my uniforms. You know how dirty an athlete will get while he makes a legend of himself! When I got into high school sports, the coaches were a lot more picky about keeping you uniforms clean. So... using my experience as a high school athlete, I invented a device to help keep your uniforms cleaner. Its a cloth (with your team colors) that you lay on the bench prior to sitting there for 7 innings! It keeps your uni's cleaner, and for an extra $15, I can add padding. This perk can help you avoid the medical condition that kept me from catching professionally.

Would love to come watch ya'll play sometimes! The court order about me being in close proximity to middle schools will be expiring about tournament time. Until then!

Slyder

Dang good to hear from you...thought you had joined some foreign legion of hind-catcher coaches. Never thought you would make it as a musician, cuz onst baseball is in your blood, along with other things, your hooked.

Love the idea of the cloth. Can you add some splinter prventing Kevlar for the benches that have a little more wear and tear? Also, the word has spread that my feet don't touch the ground while sitting on a bucket or chair, so coaches have been putting taller chairs in our dugouts. This makes the legs fall asleep, can't go coach first....we lose all my wisdom...you know the story. Anyway, can you make sure my cloth is the thinnest you make.

It's good to talk to you....well I haven't had this much fun since the pigs ate the arms off my baby sister. See you around the park. If you run into CC anywhere, tell him Hite's tire is fwat.

E5

Slyder

Slyde piece... welcome back

your idea sounds like a good one. i have a few suggestions.

1. look to expand your products to accomodate folks of E5's stature. (in case you haven't seen him in a while, he looks like what i see when i stand in front of the fun house mirror... and not the tall skinny one.)

2. benches and buckets are just to tall for him. two years ago he got a concussion after trying to run to coach 3rd.. he hit his head on the bat-@@@@ - turns out both legs were purple from lack of blood flow.

3. whats your plan to remedy the "swampiness" that can be created from prolonged sitting?

CC

Slyde piece... welcome back

your idea sounds like a good one. i have a few suggestions.

1. look to expand your products to accomodate folks of E5's stature. (in case you haven't seen him in a while, he looks like what i see when i stand in front of the fun house mirror... and not the tall skinny one.)

2. benches and buckets are just to tall for him. two years ago he got a concussion after trying to run to coach 3rd.. he hit his head on the bat-@@@@ - turns out both legs were purple from lack of blood flow.

3. whats your plan to remedy the "swampiness" that can be created from prolonged sitting?

CC

Thanks for looking out for my well-being. The subtle "hook" last night while walking with your dad was a nice touch. I was afraid the ban had been placed on you.

I have made almost a hundred bucks today...people think I am a real leprecon.

See you around. BTW...did you find some XXL nylon sweat pants in the men's restroom? Breakfast burrito hit me mid game and tried to drag myself to the can...just missed.

E5

My suggestion for the moisture issue and for E5 and his breakfast burrito infatuation is a product called Depends. They are adult diapers that can be worn under nylon coaches pants. And only the trained eye can see that your are wearing them. I have grown fond of them, particularly after a night of wings and adult beverages... why get up in the middle of the night when you dont have to? I am , however, concerned over the blueness in E5's legs. Being vertically challenged it would appear that circulation should not be a problem which makes me wonder if he has another health issue, that being the middle aged and married disease. Im concerned.

Good to hear from you CC! I was curious, has either of your teams been wearing the new Nike Shoelaces? I understand the day glow orange laces helps a batter keep his weight back in the box and drive the hangin pitch another 70 feet! The blue laces are for the pitchers and adds velocity to the fastball. Nike has it together.

So, Im helping my brother coach his 7 year old! He threw 2 innings the other day and at pitch count 118 his fastball still had some velo and at pitch count 121 his breaking pitch was not hanging! We are available for recruitment trips!

Great to hear from all of you and wanted to express an early interest in the 5 and under team for my 2 month old nephew. But knew that I needed to ask this distinguished group of experts about a few things first.

1. Bubba (my nephew) shows signs of being right handed. Since we'd like for him to be a pitcher, when is it considered acceptable to break his right arm so he has to become left handed?

2. Bubba's speed is really slow right now, well nonexistent actually. Should I put some weights in the feet of his jammies to help "speed him up"? 2, 3, or 5 pounds? (I think he weighs around nine pounds right now.)

3. Please tell me more about this "Depends" product. If we can circumvent potty training in favor of a few more pitching lessons, it seems like a great trade off!

4. Does Nike make those magic shoes in infant sizes? Should we go ahead and opt for the steel pitching toe or wait until he's actually walking?

5. What colleges should I start donating to now to insure his chance of starting as a Freshman in 2027?

6. What do I tell his mother (and the social workers that are sure to follow) when we start training next week? What has worked for ya'll in the past?

Again, GREAT to hear from everyone and hope you have a winning season!

In does my heart good when I read a post from someone that "gets it"! I applaud you. I will attempt to answer your questions. And while I am not a paid professional in the sport like CCriders and E5 claim to be, I did sleep in a Holiday Express the other night.

1) If you are truly interested in making him a pitcher, a lefty is the way to go. I would not suggest breaking his arm, because as you stated the social workers will be coming around. I would tie his right hand down to the side of his diaper and skip some feeding times. We he gets very hunger, he will start learning to reach for his bottle with his left hand! I would tape his pinky and ring fingers together so he can start building strength in his baseball fingers. Although I did scout a big lefty at Mooreland Heights Tractor School who had nasty movement on his fastball after losing his index finger in hunting accident. Just a thought....

2) As for building his speed, if he is -pitching I would worry about how fast he could run, but if your really want to make this an issue (dont over do your kid to early) I would make him run hills with a good dose of wieght loss pills such as stacker or 5hour energy drinks. Those are not illegal yet!

3) I would not worry about the diapers or smell! All the pitching coaches/coaches I know have very poor hygiene and are accustomed to pooh in the pants anyway. (E5 and CC come to mind) Its baseball!

4) Nike Shoes and Laces. Toddler 2 size is the smallest /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

5) Forget college, go for being drafted out of High School. Donate to the Booster Clubs!

6) Tell the Social Workers its your religion! Works everytime!!!!!

Good Luck to you. Once I get up and take a shower, I will send you the names of all the surgeons that do the tommy john surgery for kids 10 and under. A must for any prospect!