LA Region 4AA CHAMPS

LA_Wildcats

HA! I think I have a good reason to call out the Gator. Anyone who has a problem is aloud to vocally say so. No skin off my teeth, but when you attack me expect me to attack back. A RC that stood up for his players and friends would agree. I won't comment on your comments again.

Now don't go getting defensive on me. I was just gigging you a little. About like Bill was . I'm not trying to get that started again but I missed it somewhere. I don't remember where he said anything that wasn't being said back to him. I thought he handled it pretty well considering that you had the whole gang on him. Not taking up for him but there was some pretty harsh things said to and about him. But you have to expect that if your not a LA fan. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe he did say something but he has apologized 20 times for it. I would think that you all would do the same.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice analogy Bill............short and to the point. I usually get there but I have to go around the long way.

Im going back to short and to the point for a while. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No sense typing too much out when I trip people up at the beginning of a post and completely lose them for the end of what I am saying.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I wish I could have met more of you last night, Im sure that most of you are not like the lady that lit me up at the end of the awards presentation. hahaha.

This week I met Shelby Taylor's Grandfather, and Big Daddy. I would say that is a pretty good week right there. Two great people in my estimation.

GO Bees.

Now don't go getting defensive on me. I was just gigging you a little. About like Bill was . I'm not trying to get that started again but I missed it somewhere. I don't remember where he said anything that wasn't being said back to him. I thought he handled it pretty well considering that you had the whole gang on him. Not taking up for him but there was some pretty harsh things said to and about him. But you have to expect that if your not a LA fan. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe he did say something but he has apologized 20 times for it. I would think that you all would do the same.

Here are a couple guidelines I try to stick with:

1) the 95/5 theory. Just about every fanbase is divided up this way. 95 percent good people. 5 percent jerk. (except for FSU and u of michigan, they are direct opposite).

2) one moment does not define who a person is. It just defines who they are capable of being. (both good and bad moments)

3) It takes zero kahuna's to be a jerk, but it can occassionally take real stones to stand up and do what is right.

I believe that most of the folks I have met from LA, both here and in person, fall into the 95%. Even the lady that was ripping me last night, probably falls into that 95%. She was sticking up for what she thought was right. She had it aimed in the wrong direction, and probably would be heard more if she spoke softer, but I think her heart was in the right place.

There were some things said to me at the game Wed night that some people need to be ashamed of. But they are the 5%. I do not hold that against the rest of you.

As for the one moment. We all have had them at one time or another. The moment you wish you could take back. As long as you do not let that define you as a person, then you are better for it. I have had those moments. I had one this week, and I think we have gotten past that. I hope so anyways. Im 43. Some of those moments I should not have anymore, but I dont believe in being too reserved in life. Life is too short to let it all pass you by.

And yes, there are times I also have been a big jerk. I do not believe I have been lately, but I sure sounded like I was. It was well intentioned madness. I would have like to have counted King21 into the mix of people whose hand I shook last night and said "good luck LA" to. But it didnt happen. It will when he is ready. Im ok with that. He's going to be alright. He is a good person, surrounded by good people.

Just as life is too short to let is pass you by, it is too long to hold grudges.

Good luck LA, kick some tail tomorrow night!!

We have a hard road ahead, but we didnt get where we are by backing down to anybody. Battle tested and ready for more.

GO BEES.

Here are a couple guidelines I try to stick with:

1) the 95/5 theory. Just about every fanbase is divided up this way. 95 percent good people. 5 percent jerk. (except for FSU and u of michigan, they are direct opposite).

2) one moment does not define who a person is. It just defines who they are capable of being. (both good and bad moments)

3) It takes zero kahuna's to be a jerk, but it can occassionally take real stones to stand up and do what is right.

I believe that most of the folks I have met from LA, both here and in person, fall into the 95%. Even the lady that was ripping me last night, probably falls into that 95%. She was sticking up for what she thought was right. She had it aimed in the wrong direction, and probably would be heard more if she spoke softer, but I think her heart was in the right place.

There were some things said to me at the game Wed night that some people need to be ashamed of. But they are the 5%. I do not hold that against the rest of you.

As for the one moment. We all have had them at one time or another. The moment you wish you could take back. As long as you do not let that define you as a person, then you are better for it. I have had those moments. I had one this week, and I think we have gotten past that. I hope so anyways. Im 43. Some of those moments I should not have anymore, but I dont believe in being too reserved in life. Life is too short to let it all pass you by.

And yes, there are times I also have been a big jerk. I do not believe I have been lately, but I sure sounded like I was. It was well intentioned madness. I would have like to have counted King21 into the mix of people whose hand I shook last night and said "good luck LA" to. But it didnt happen. It will when he is ready. Im ok with that. He's going to be alright. He is a good person, surrounded by good people.

Just as life is too short to let is pass you by, it is too long to hold grudges.

Good luck LA, kick some tail tomorrow night!!

We have a hard road ahead, but we didnt get where we are by backing down to anybody. Battle tested and ready for more.

GO BEES.

Very nice post Bill. The Upperman community should be proud to have a fan such as yourself. Yes a lot of things are said in the heat of the moment that can be hurtful. But like you said it takes more guts to admit that your wrong. I wish the best for both the girls and boys of Upperman. I hope we can both meet in the finals. And that could very well happen.

Your last sentence is what it's all about.

Wildcat 1970 do you remember the Tyner teams back in the 70's. We played them when Randy Stephens was a senior. Jody Stevens hit a shot at the buzzer to beat them in the first game of the Region if I'm not mistaking. Howard then beat us by 30. Howard and Riverside played in the finals with Riverside winning and going on to win the state that year. Anthony Roberts played on Riverside and plau=yed at Oral Roberts and I think played some pro ball.

I remember those players well, but can't recall the game you are talking about. I am sure that I was there though. My memory is not very sharp at this age!

Wildcat 1970

See that's why we love Gator. He doesn't get it all over him when someone disagrees with him & when he does something wrong he mans up & makes it right. Whether the other party accepts is up to them. I know I never got an apology from king??™s dad who called me a not so nice name??¦.at least Gator did what was right.

Gator....I missed the whole debacle with the LA fan....what was it about?

Rocking Chair??¦..where did you get the head banger smiley face you posted earlier? I loved it!

I will keep my posting to a minimum at least on LA topics because I don't want to rub people the wrong way.

Very nice post Bill. The Upperman community should be proud to have a fan such as yourself. Yes a lot of things are said in the heat of the moment that can be hurtful. But like you said it takes more guts to admit that your wrong. I wish the best for both the girls and boys of Upperman. I hope we can both meet in the finals. And that could very well happen.

Your last sentence is what it's all about.

Thanks. That is beyond nice. But I am probably much more proud of them than they could ever be of me. There are some very fine people in this community. Yes we have our 5% also, but I cannot even describe how it feels to be a part of this place. As I told Big Daddy last night, and the Taylor kids Grandfather the night before, I was dangerously close to moving to Hog-eye country. Interesting little twists in life.

The town has taken us in as one of their own, inspite of my Gator and Spartan gear, haha. They have also taken in my new foster kid as one of their own, and that is huge to me. Great, great people all over the UCumberland. Im just glad to be a small part of it all.

Good times.

catch you soon.

Go Bees.

See that's why we love Gator. He doesn't get it all over him when someone disagrees with him & when he does something wrong he mans up & makes it right. Whether the other party accepts is up to them. I know I never got an apology from king??™s dad who called me a not so nice name??¦.at least Gator did what was right.

Gator....I missed the whole debacle with the LA fan....what was it about?

Rocking Chair??¦..where did you get the head banger smiley face you posted earlier? I loved it!

I will keep my posting to a minimum at least on LA topics because I don't want to rub people the wrong way.

Hey Abby~Loo. I appreciate the kind words. Very much.

The LA fan thing.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> .....She was very upset last night, about the lack of trophy presentation for the girls on Wed night. we "cheated them out of their moment" She let me know exactly how upset she was. I tried to let her know that it was not intentional. She seemed to still think that it was. There was not going to be anything that I could possibly say to make her feel better about it. But that is ok. She cares. That is cool. She just happened to be yelling at the wrong person. I couldnt do anything, or even answer as to why it happened. I know why, but I cannot speak for them, it would just sound like I was making excuses.

To the LA fans on this one: I know the people who matter were not happy about this. It was their own mistake, they will never try to pass the buck. It was an honest mistake. I was trying to get things around and just call the teams out for a picture and a "moment", to make it as right as possible, but things happened and we couldnt get it done. I should have pushed that farther.

Something Special!!

Chase Dunn Is a great player that deserves everything he has achieved. I could go on forever with great things to say about him, but that's not what my post is about.

A lot of people including myself,scouts and fans have watched Chase play the last four years and about a year ago I started to notice a young skinny kid wearing the #23 for LA. He was still a little rough but the thought (I like this kid) was in my head. I got to see LA play several more times last year and then the region rolled around with the Chase and JJ show. And what a show it was with Chase around 50 and JJ around 40 points scored!!! On the drive home I was reflecting on the game and the thought (#23 I REALLY LIKE THIS KID) kept coming back. This year in the district tourney championship with 4 mins to go in the game, I turned to the fella next to me and said there's your (MVP T J Smith). So I think it's safe that I know who #23 is as well as scouts and fans!!!!!!!! This years not over, but I think next year could be SOMETHING SPECIAL for this young man /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Luck to ALL!!!!!!

Go BEES /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Something Special!!

Chase Dunn Is a great player that deserves everything he has achieved. I could go on forever with great things to say about him, but that's not what my post is about.

A lot of people including myself,scouts and fans have watched Chase play the last four years and about a year ago I started to notice a young skinny kid wearing the #23 for LA. He was still a little rough but the thought (I like this kid) was in my head. I got to see LA play several more times last year and then the region rolled around with the Chase and JJ show. And what a show it was with Chase around 50 and JJ around 40 points scored!!! On the drive home I was reflecting on the game and the thought (#23 I REALLY LIKE THIS KID) kept coming back. This year in the district tourney championship with 4 mins to go in the game, I turned to the fella next to me and said there's your (MVP T J Smith). So I think it's safe that I know who #23 is as well as scouts and fans!!!!!!!! This years not over, but I think next year could be SOMETHING SPECIAL for this young man /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Luck to ALL!!!!!!

Go BEES /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great post hoops about a great young man...I know his family very well you might say and I know they are very proud of him! Good luck tomorrow....Hope yours is feeling better. She is a ball player too!

Great post hoops about a great young man...I know his family very well you might say and I know they are very proud of him! Good luck tomorrow....Hope yours is feeling better. She is a ball player too!

She's doing much better,,,, along with others /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> By the tone of her voice and that look in the eyes, I'd say we're about ready /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

She's doing much better,,,, along with others /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> By the tone of her voice and that look in the eyes, I'd say we're about ready /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good to hear and GOOD LUCK!