Collinwood Trojans Score Reporter

BigOldies930

I totally agree...Wonder why they don't? I will try and keep up the stats so that when I call there will be a detailed undate...Will they announce it? Or will it just be the score?

I called and so far nobody has gotten back with me....

BIG Oldies 930 is ramping up it's SportsCenter reports to cover the Collinwood Trojans and Summertown Eagles through the State Tourn. playoff action. We are interested in hearing from Trojans & Eagles fans that will be at each of the remaining games. We'd like to have several reporters for each team. Unfortunately, we have have not had any calls. If you are interested in participating as a volunteer sports reporter, we'd enjoy discussing the particulars with you. Please call us (phone number in previous message). When you call, please leave your name and phone number & we'll gladly return your call a.s.a.p. Reminder: When leaving your phone number, please repeat the number twice and say your number carefully.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The expenses for a broadcast are relatively limited. You should find some sponsors in Collinwood and approach the radio station with a proposal to broadcast the game. I'm sure they would sell you the time. I agree with you that they should do the games of their own accord, and a professionally done proposal might show them that it would be worth their time.

The expenses to broadcast a High School basketball or football game are more than you would imagine, including salaries for announcers, studio producer, phone line, equipment costs, etc. BIG Oldies has approached several Collinwood area advertisers to provide more coverage of the Trojans. We've met with some interest, but not enough to cover the basic costs of doing play-by-play coverage. If the Collinwood businesses step up, we'd be very interested in providing more Trojan's sports coverage in the future. The first step is our SportsCenter reports which we started during the Trojan's football season. So, mention our coverage to the Collinwood business owners you know and let them know you'd like to have their support so we can provide more Collinwood Trojans sports coverage.

i dont know why anyone in cwood would want to advertise on the station you cant even pick it up in cwood plus i hope most ball fans will be there supporting them in person am i wrong or is this the fartherist they have made it in 40 years

Please see previous reponses to your comment about advertising on a radio station "you can't even pick up in Collinwood". We receive phone calls each day from many Collinwood listeners who like BIG Oldies and listen regularly. Unfortunately, due to FCC regulations, we are required to change our broadcast signal at sundown each day which severely limits our broadcast signal in the city of Collinwood after sundown. This is most of the reason we cannot provide Trojans play-by-play coverage, since the games are played after sundown.

Special thanks to Kim for providing information to BIG Oldies 930 Radio from the Collinwood Clarksville Academy game on Monday Night. Thanks Kim! With Kim's help, Today's BIG Oldies 930's SportCenter Report is featuring last night's game. A great game last night... two high quality teams fighting for a chance to get to the State Tournament. It was a shame to see The Trojans lose...but, the Trojans looked strong and we expect the Trojans will be even stronger next season.

If any Collinwood or Frank Hughes fan would like to join our Volunteer Score Reporting team, please call

931-722-3631. Please leave your name & phone # and we'll return your call. Remember, when leaving your message, please repeat your name & phone number. Thanks.