AA Winners

logcabinman

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

District 1 is sending two teams to the Boro. South Greene returns after an eight year absence. They bring a rich tradition (4 Gold Balls) and a team that probably plays harder than any team in the state. They are not very big, with only one true low post player, and only go about seven deep. However, they will flat out get after you on defense and attack the basket relentlessly on offense. They are led by junior point guard Rechelle Dye. Casteel, Ricker, Hicks, Kinser, and Crum are also nice players. Elizabethton returns for the first time since 2005. The Lady Cyclones have improved all season and beat South Greene for the Regional title after three earlier losses to the Lady Rebels. Elizabethton is led by 6'2" senior Mariah Pietrowski. She is hard to stop on the low blocks and is complimented by 5'8" post Jasmine Jefferson, giving the Cyclones a strong inside game. 5'1" sophomore point guard Kristen Powell is lightning quick and averages a legitimate 8 assists per game. Sharpshooting wings Kamra Fritz, Chelsea Bowling, and Erin Kiser can all hit the three ball. Senior Arin Anderson provides post depth and toughness off the bench, making the Cyclones seven deep. I believe both of these teams can make some noise in the Boro. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

District 1 is sending two teams to the Boro. South Greene returns after an eight year absence. They bring a rich tradition (4 Gold Balls) and a team that probably plays harder than any team in the state. They are not very big, with only one true low post player, and only go about seven deep. However, they will flat out get after you on defense and attack the basket relentlessly on offense. They are led by junior point guard Rechelle Dye. Casteel, Ricker, Hicks, Kinser, and Crum are also nice players. Elizabethton returns for the first time since 2005. The Lady Cyclones have improved all season and beat South Greene for the Regional title after three earlier losses to the Lady Rebels. Elizabethton is led by 6'2" senior Mariah Pietrowski. She is hard to stop on the low blocks and is complimented by 5'8" post Jasmine Jefferson, giving the Cyclones a strong inside game. 5'1" sophomore point guard Kristen Powell is lightning quick and averages a legitimate 8 assists per game. Sharpshooting wings Kamra Fritz, Chelsea Bowling, and Erin Kiser can all hit the three ball. Senior Arin Anderson provides post depth and toughness off the bench, making the Cyclones seven deep. I believe both of these teams can make some noise in the Boro. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

The Eastern region of Tennessee is sending some tough teams to the 'boro this year. I like our chances, but you never know when it gets to the final 8.

The Eastern region of Tennessee is sending some tough teams to the 'boro this year. I like our chances, but you never know when it gets to the final 8.

I really like McMinn Central's chances in the state. There is no doubt they had the toughest competitior (Upperman) last night of the eight AA teams going to Murfreesboro.

One question for the East , are the other teams as good as McMinn? McMinn had one of the better teams at state last year. IF all are as good as McMinn you have a chance. IF you can't say that expect to get blown out, unless the kid doing the drawing today, loads up one side of the backet.

One question for the East , are the other teams as good as McMinn? McMinn had one of the better teams at state last year. IF all are as good as McMinn you have a chance. IF you can't say that expect to get blown out, unless the kid doing the drawing today, loads up one side of the backet.

Hard to say. Upperman is the best team on McMinn's schedule. McMinn also beat Polk Co. and Loudon, but I am not really sure how good either of those teams are. South Greene beat Morristown West and had a two point loss to Wilson Central. South Greene also beat Lusuanne and Elizabethton three times. Elizabethton beat South Greene once and a pretty good Hampton team twice. My gut tells me the East teams are legit this year, but we will have to see.

Hard to say. Upperman is the best team on McMinn's schedule. McMinn also beat Polk Co. and Loudon, but I am not really sure how good either of those teams are. South Greene beat Morristown West and had a two point loss to Wilson Central. South Greene also beat Lusuanne and Elizabethton three times. Elizabethton beat South Greene once and a pretty good Hampton team twice. My gut tells me the East teams are legit this year, but we will have to see.

Look at McMinn Central schedule from last year, this is the same girls with a huge added addition in a sophmore Jenna Adams. They beat some real tough teams last year and really should have beaten the state champion Marshall Co. team last year. I know this is a different year, and things change - but this team has only gotten better. Yes they are quick and they will pressure the whole game, what sets them a part from most teams is the depth, you lose nothing with a substitution. So before one would even question MC schedule I might look further into their history. I might be mistaken, but did they not go to the final 8 when this group was sophmores, and maybe even freshman. I hope someone can clear this up. I know anything can happen, but this group is definitly battle tested.

Look at McMinn Central schedule from last year, this is the same girls with a huge added addition in a sophmore Jenna Adams. They beat some real tough teams last year and really should have beaten the state champion Marshall Co. team last year. I know this is a different year, and things change - but this team has only gotten better. Yes they are quick and they will pressure the whole game, what sets them a part from most teams is the depth, you lose nothing with a substitution. So before one would even question MC schedule I might look further into their history. I might be mistaken, but did they not go to the final 8 when this group was sophmores, and maybe even freshman. I hope someone can clear this up. I know anything can happen, but this group is definitly battle tested.

They went as freshmen and lost to eventual champ Hillcrest. They lost at home to Livingston in the sectional when they were sophomores. They went last year and lost to eventual champ Marshall Co by 2 in the semis after being outshot at the free throw line 21 to 3.

When it gets to this point, it depends on the draw and the matchups. I know how hard this group has worked. I know how hungry they are. They've just got to maintain focus throughout the next week.

On a side note, my son just found a 4-leaf clover. Maybe good things are to come for the Chargerettes.