Lake Co vs Oliver Springs

mrbigster

Alright, enough on Lake County. LC should be challenging for state tournaments in the next 2-3 years.

I will watch the evolution of the Flowers kid. This thread has defintely gotten my attention.

Good luck to her and LC in the future.

It's time to focus on tomorrow's opponent- Clarkrange.

Good luck tomorrow....and thanks!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game yesterday and watched 2 very good athletes in Christopher and Flowers. I haven't seen either one of these schools play until yesterday. I watched Christopher last year in the state and was impressed with her. She might not have had alot of points but the assist she had and the attention she drew was a big part of this game. The other girls just stepped up and played. If anyone was watching closely she sat out about 2 minutes of 4th quarter and when she came back into the game she wanted the basketball. Three straight drives to the basket and drew the foul. Although they called the fouls on the floor before the shot she still came back into the ballgame wanting the basketball and showing she could score. I think in this game they slowed the ball down and knew that LC was going to double her and she just showed what kind of player she really is. You don't teach some of the no look passes she had. She is an all around great ballplayer. I don't think at this point you can compare the 2 players. After all 1 is a Senior and the other a Freshman.

Alright, enough on Lake County. LC should be challenging for state tournaments in the next 2-3 years.

I will watch the evolution of the Flowers kid. This thread has defintely gotten my attention.

Good luck to her and LC in the future.

It's time to focus on tomorrow's opponent- Clarkrange.

Glad you came to this realization! You have only seen her play one game! Maybe the reason she had to take the game into her hands in the second half was her cast seemed to be missing at times! Her season stats are about as follows....15ppg 7 rebounds pg 7 assists pg 6 steals per game.... In the second half of each of the past three games before OS she took over and lead her team to victory in do or die games! Not just scoring but also setting others up to score.....She is young and still makes some freshmen mistakes but she has a tremendous work ethic....A B student, student government officer, very well liked by all teachers and students...She is the total package....I have on many occasions been told by her aau coach that she calls and tells him its time to practice even though it is actually a good time for a break....she wants no break! She also is the daughter of a former Mr Football candidate from LC....Also, when she is on the floor the rest of the teams intensity and abilities seem to be raised to another level....When she is not on the floor there is deifinitely a huge difference! She is the catalyst and leader of this team as a freshmen and lead her team to the state tourney! That in itself is a fantastic accomlishment! She has just raised the bar for herself and expectations are now higher than ever....and Takeyha "TT" Flowers is up to the challenge!

sbl

ps when you call a team undisciplined that is usually a shot at coaching and color!

Glad you came to this realization! You have only seen her play one game! Maybe the reason she had to take the game into her hands in the second half was her cast seemed to be missing at times! Her season stats are about as follows....15ppg 7 rebounds pg 7 assists pg 6 steals per game.... In the second half of each of the past three games before OS she took over and lead her team to victory in do or die games! Not just scoring but also setting others up to score.....She is young and still makes some freshmen mistakes but she has a tremendous work ethic....A B student, student government officer, very well liked by all teachers and students...She is the total package....I have on many occasions been told by her aau coach that she calls and tells him its time to practice even though it is actually a good time for a break....she wants no break! She also is the daughter of a former Mr Football candidate from LC....Also, when she is on the floor the rest of the teams intensity and abilities seem to be raised to another level....When she is not on the floor there is deifinitely a huge difference! She is the catalyst and leader of this team as a freshmen and lead her team to the state tourney! That in itself is a fantastic accomlishment! She has just raised the bar for herself and expectations are now higher than ever....and Takeyha "TT" Flowers is up to the challenge!

sbl

ps when you call a team undisciplined that is usually a shot at coaching and color!

Why would color be an issue as to whether or not a team is disciplined/undisciplined? That sounded uncalled for.

Usually the coaches are at fault in my opinion when it comes to discipline or lack there of not the color of a player's skin. I have saw players of all color play undisciplined basketball, but its the responsibility of the coach to teach, mind you, these young kids to play with in themselves despite color because they are young and will make mistakes. I have followed this thread somewhat and that should not have been mentioned. Lake County lost to the better team but they will be back.