Madison - Pickett Co.

jeffh11

If you were not there then how do you know the refs were bad both ways? Or if she was "flopping" or drawing contact? The refs called four charges against one of Picketts players. How does that happen? Pickett had three players foul out, Madison only had one in foul trouble. See the trend here? O and if you can't tell by my username, Pickett county is not my team. I was simply a spectator. And from where I was sittin, the refs dictated this game. Thats all there is to it.

There were a few questionable calls, but PC just made too many mistakes late, that is what cost them the game. Don't put yourself in position for the refs to have to make those close calls. MAM has a very disciplined defense, they had good feet, got to the spot, and made the calls hard to make. Unfortunately all the close calls went their way. I have seen MAM play two games and they have gotten all the close calls. Faulkner also gets 75% of her points from the line. I believe that is a credit to her footwork and quickness. The refs did dictate the game, but I don't feel they cheated anyone. But it is frustrating when all the close calls keep going the same way. Tough loss PC, congrats on the nice run!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a few questionable calls, but PC just made too many mistakes late, that is what cost them the game. Don't put yourself in position for the refs to have to make those close calls. MAM has a very disciplined defense, they had good feet, got to the spot, and made the calls hard to make. Unfortunately all the close calls went their way. I have seen MAM play two games and they have gotten all the close calls. Faulkner also gets 75% of her points from the line. I believe that is a credit to her footwork and quickness. The refs did dictate the game, but I don't feel they cheated anyone. But it is frustrating when all the close calls keep going the same way. Tough loss PC, congrats on the nice run!

If those close calls had gone the other way, who would have won the basketball game? Or even if they would have been "no calls" who would have won the game? I realize that this game is in the past, I just think that Pickett got took out of the game by the officiating.

If those close calls had gone the other way, who would have won the basketball game? Or even if they would have been "no calls" who would have won the game? I realize that this game is in the past, I just think that Pickett got took out of the game by the officiating.

Very possible and after playing them I understand a little more about all the flopping(I seen it but didn't really compute it as much). Everyone follows the ball after the pass and so do the officials. What MAM would do is run up under the passer when they let the ball go and flop. The ref looks back and makes a charge call. I bet that is what Bradford was furious about. If it was that bad at state, Imagine how bad it was at their own place. Luckily we split with them on most of the calls, the officials had caught on to them by game 3. They still kept it close with some of the flopping. It was so much of MAM's gameplan that when they didn't get the call it frustrated them and took them out of their game. Good season for PC and almost a great season for LA. Congrats to both on your runs.

Very possible and after playing them I understand a little more about all the flopping(I seen it but didn't really compute it as much). Everyone follows the ball after the pass and so do the officials. What MAM would do is run up under the passer when they let the ball go and flop. The ref looks back and makes a charge call. I bet that is what Bradford was furious about. If it was that bad at state, Imagine how bad it was at their own place. Luckily we split with them on most of the calls, the officials had caught on to them by game 3. They still kept it close with some of the flopping. It was so much of MAM's gameplan that when they didn't get the call it frustrated them and took them out of their game. Good season for PC and almost a great season for LA. Congrats to both on your runs.

I know exactly what you're talking about with MAM flopping. If you watch their warmup routine, they even practiced taking charges before the game with the ball handler barely touching them. They knew what they were doing.

I know exactly what you're talking about with MAM flopping. If you watch their warmup routine, they even practiced taking charges before the game with the ball handler barely touching them. They knew what they were doing.

I missed it in warm-ups, but I would have guessed that they would of practiced it no less than 30 min. a day!