Eagleville Eagles @ Summertown Eagles in Sectional

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would summertown play this game in Mt. pleasant? Doesn't Lawrence County High School make better sense. I think if they would have played in Lawrenceburg more people from the county would have came and supported them. I know that our county supports all teams even though we are bitter rivals. when it gets to tournament time we want all schools to do well. just wandering.....

why would summertown play this game in Mt. pleasant? Doesn't Lawrence County High School make better sense. I think if they would have played in Lawrenceburg more people from the county would have came and supported them. I know that our county supports all teams even though we are bitter rivals. when it gets to tournament time we want all schools to do well. just wandering.....

Just an assumption on my part, but Summertown's current players have played many games and are much more familiar with Mt. Pleasant's gymnasium as opposed to maybe never playing in the LC gym.

Also, if you were there last night, you noticed there was no shortage of support for the Eagles. The drive to Mt. Pleasant wasn't a deterrent to anybody who wanted to support them.

The biggest reason this game was played in MP and not L"burg was "home court advantage". THe summertown boys have been playing basketball in Mt. Pleasant's gym for years including this years district tourney. They have NEVER played in Lawrenceburg. What is the point of winning the Region if you still have to play in a gym that is unfamiliar?

From your name, you are obviously from L'burg. Believe it, or not, the world does not revolve around LCHS or Lawrenceburg. As previously stated, the Eagles have played at MP for years and are comfortable with that gym. If fans from other areas of the county want to support the Eagles, we welcome their support, but if you aren't willing to drive to MP, then we really can't use you - we are out to do what is best for our squad, not to make it convenient for others to jump on the bandwagon.

Congrats to the Eagles on another fine post-season run - and THANK YOU to the administrators, coaches, and parents at MP for being such gracious hosts - maybe we can return the favor one of these days.