Attn. Mid Tenn Dixie Duals Team

WrestlingGod

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to inadequate practice facilities and lack of team interest, we have decided to cancel the Dixie Duals team for Middle Tennessee. Good luck SE United at the tourney, and sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Really hate to hear this. Was really intrested in coming out to the practice today. Hate to see Middle Tenn fall short when being able to compete only if there were more cooperation and paticipation. I am still intrested in any wrestling events or practices that are available in Midd Tenn. Where and when will Best of Best practices begin. Just really need to get on the mat. Help me out her Thadd I've already gained 15lbs since season.

This is disappointing, this exemplifies why Chattanooga area wrestlers dominate the state tournaments in February, because they put in the off-season work.

I agree 100%. Having attended a practice in Chattanooga this past weekend as part of Team Tennessee for the Dixie Duals, it became clear why they do so well each February.

I agree 100%. Having attended a practice in Chattanooga this past weekend as part of Team Tennessee for the Dixie Duals, it became clear why they do so well each February.

Its a shame. But does anyone know of any practices being held in mid TN. Hate to see Mid TN go down like this

I would recommend the Sharpshooters great instruction along with weightlifting equipment and tough practice partners of all ages including some college wrestlers.They practice five times a week all year long so if wrestling is your only sport it's the place to go.The sharpshooters has it's own facility located next to the Blackman Middle School.Many of their wrestlers travel Nationally to tournys during the summer.

I would recommend the Sharpshooters great instruction along with weightlifting equipment and tough practice partners of all ages including some college wrestlers.They practice five times a week all year long so if wrestling is your only sport it's the place to go.The sharpshooters has it's own facility located next to the Blackman Middle School.Many of their wrestlers travel Nationally to tournys during the summer.

SharpShooters will have about 15 wrestlers according to one of the coaches. Great program over there with some good coaching. Lions Pride will have about 80 wrestlers between the 2 locations of which 70% are high school age and the rest a middle school and lower.

Williamson County will still hold practices at Centennial High School, many high schoolers attend practice there. Chris Woods and Dani Vlad run a tough practice, and I can tell you that from experience.

Thought the practices would be canceled as well so decided not to make the trip. So can you give me times and dates for these practices would be much appreciateed.