How will Oakland Baseball do this season?

Longgone

We've heard "why isn't Oakland being mentioned" on other boards? Now you have your own thread. Have at it!

FYI - I know several of the Oakland players and have nothing but respect for them. Good luck this year.

And yes, I like the over the concession stand seats and will fight to use them! LOL!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've heard "why isn't Oakland being mentioned" on other boards? Now you have your own thread. Have at it!

FYI - I know several of the Oakland players and have nothing but respect for them. Good luck this year.

And yes, I like the over the concession stand seats and will fight to use them! LOL!

OK...let's talk. What do you know/think about OHS baseball, one of the elite programs in the state?

OK...let's talk. What do you know/think about OHS baseball, one of the elite programs in the state?

Everybody knows oakland will always be above average just because of there coach's. Coach Hawk obviously knows how to win and Coach Holland is a great pitching coach. They'll be solid as usually but maybe not the best.

My observation of Oakland Baseball

Success starts at the top, and Mack Hawks is one of the best. Over 500 wins, almost .750 winning percentage....that is incredible. Coached maybe the best team EVER in this state in 1999 and followed it up in 2000. He took a patch of grass and built a "Field of Dreams" that has his name on it. Hall of Famer, and every kid that is coached by him is lucky. I don't know the exact number, but he has sent numerous player to every division of college baseball and the professional ranks.

Oakland will always contend for whatever district or region they are in.

94 sub state (final 8)

95 State (final 4)

97 Region

98 Region

99 State Champions (final 4)----greatest ever??? I saw them so I would argue yes

00 Sate Champions (final 4)----continued expectations

02 sub state (final 8)

03 State (final 4)

04 Region

07 sub state (final 16)

08 State (final 6)

I wasn't following Oakland baseball in its glory years but have heard of the stacked talent they once had.

I have observed that Oakland is in the "rebuilding" year but not much talent to pick from now that the four Mboro schools have taken and split it up. Your team is young this year and has potential with your pitching. Can you fill us in on who started the opener tonight?

I wasn't following Oakland baseball in its glory years but have heard of the stacked talent they once had.

I have observed that Oakland is in the "rebuilding" year but not much talent to pick from now that the four Mboro schools have taken and split it up. Your team is young this year and has potential with your pitching. Can you fill us in on who started the opener tonight?

There is no question about the talent being split up now. Both Oakland and Riverdale have seen the talent drop slightly since the other schools opened. However, both schools have been able to maintain the overall success established in the 90's. Those teams of the mid to late 90's were awesome and full of talent.

Oakland has a really good sophomore class full of very talented ballplayers. If they can reach their potential, championship will soon return to Patriot Dr.

Not sure who started but would probably bet on Barrett or Smith

There is no question about the talent being split up now. Both Oakland and Riverdale have seen the talent drop slightly since the other schools opened. However, both schools have been able to maintain the overall success established in the 90's. Those teams of the mid to late 90's were awesome and full of talent.

Oakland has a really good sophomore class full of very talented ballplayers. If they can reach their potential, championship will soon return to Patriot Dr.

Not sure who started but would probably bet on Barrett or Smith

I'll agree that you have some talented Soph. but not like our Siegel guys! When your guys take the field, they are scarry big!

Can you run down the positions for me? I don't know who to discuss...

I'll agree that you have some talented Soph. but not like our Siegel guys! When your guys take the field, they are scarry big!

Can you run down the positions for me? I don't know who to discuss...

I don't know enough about your "Siegel guys" to match player for player

Oakland Sophs to keep an eye on in the next few years in my opinion are Moore, Fann, Hawks, Gardner, Cole, Hughes, Henry, Veron, Arnett, and Messick