Dickson County

softballjunk

I have seen a few articles and spoke with my normal "talkers". I hear Dickson's number one Junior pitcher did not play this year. I know they have a few pitchers waiting in the wings that have been very successful in travelball for two different travelball teams over the past years. My real question is what happened to them, everybody I talk to from that team is tickled with the coaches, the players and the season. Not sure what happened but I know alot of schools that need to drink from that fountain. Just wanted to say it was good to hear "positive" from a program that had alot of internal termal last year. I look forward to seeing them compete.

I put my nose to the board and have discoverd: No coaching change. Meg Kilgore is the junior that is not playing this year. The pitchers taking the load are Edwards (Jr) Keel (jr) and Cara Wilson (soph) plays TB for Crusaders. Apparently, some folks credit the TEAM mood to the leadership of not only the coaches but the sole senior Kyndall Newberry (one of the coaches daughters). While others credit it to the determination of the players themselves to prove they are contenders. The players all seem to know, understand and accept their roles. Thats the one thing I don't comprehend. How a team gets that accomplished. Best of luck to this group! I will be keeping an eye on this progam this year.

As far as Dickson players I only know the ones that have stood out in travelball over the last few years. So that is probaly not a fair assesment to the rest of the players on the team. We will have the opportunity to play in the same tournament as they are this year, so I will have a better idea about other players later.

I would really like to name the players I know will help carry this team. But I beleive they are wanting to be seen as ONE unit right now. I will say that they have atleast three juniors that will continue their softball career at the next level and have atleast two other juniors that have the ability to as well. So I see this team really showing off this year.

A couple of these girls I have been after for years to come play in Chattanooga!