My Plan for the split.

RealGoEagles

Posted by RealGoEagles:

Two divisions:

Division W, and Division L

Teams that have won state championships in division W and teams that haven't in divion L. That way, after a while, all the losers will have their state championship and won't have to worry about playing against good teams.

I like your plan, but it would be interesting to see how many of the "ABC" schools sign up to play against the winners of DII, or remain with the rest of DI? They keep saying, we want to play with the best, and yet they keep scheduling the teams they know they can defeat! It doesn't really add up does it to say just work harder and stop complaining when they refuse to play up their level!

Hey I'm all for the split now. ABC teams will be able to compete. They already recruit (at least that's what Upperman's coach says) right? Then you can do your best to figure out how to get South Pitt, Collinwood, and Cloudland out of 1a. Only when we have a Gleason-RBS BlueCross Bowl will single a truly be fair.

(And just for the record, I'd like to see the ABCs play BGA, Harding, Briarcrest, and the like.)

Smith tried to schedule up. He's got a 2a playoff team and a 3a team on the schedule. They played Fairview a couple of years ago. It's not his fault that these teams couldn't compete with his single a team.

Maybe they should compete with the DII schools, likewise maybe some of these 1a schools should show some guts and try to beat the ABCs instead of throwing them out. It's an argument that can work both ways, so don't pontificate to me.

Sorry Im confused?

1-Is this for all public schools or 1a?

2-State championship in football ever? or in the last 20 years or whatever?

3-Do they move up after winning the state title?

4-So we keep doing this until division L is so watered down that its just a matter of time before a team finally wins one,regardless of talent...purely a numbers game exp. D2-AA

5-Won't the problem that the public schools complain about still exist?

-More confused then anything sorry.

Posted by RealGoEagles:

Two divisions:

Teams that have won state championships in division W and teams that haven't in divion L. That way, after a while, all the losers will have their state championship and won't have to worry about playing against good teams.

Hey that`s a pretty neat plan. I`d like to add a bit to that if I may. There should be no state championship from division W (That way no team is winning more than their fair share) Also, I don`t think they should keep score in Division W games. Just play for the fun of it. Who really cares who wins or loses? :o

This will continue until there is only 1 team left in Division L. That team will receive a really nice certificate of participation from the TSSAA and an "honorary" gold football trophy. The inscription on the trophy should read....Hey..We just want you to feel really good

Then we can start all over again. :D

[Edited by VolunteerGeneral on 9-5-02 4:37P]

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:
Posted by RealGoEagles:

Two divisions:

An even simpler solution would be to have only one class and one division. A player would be required to wear 20 lbs. on his back for every .1 second he can run the 40 under 5.0. In addition, if a quarterback completes two passes in a row, he has to play the rest of the game with one eye covered. Linemen over 225 lbs. have to play with their back towards the line of scrimmage until the snap.

What do you think??

Hey that`s a pretty neat plan. I`d like to add a bit to that if I may. There should be no state championship from division W (That way no team is winning more than their fair share) Also, I don`t think they should keep score in Division W games. Just play for the fun of it. Who really cares who wins or loses? :o

This will continue until there is only 1 team left in Division L. That team will receive a really nice certificate of participation from the TSSAA and an "honorary" gold football trophy. The inscription on the trophy should read....Hey..We just want you to feel really good

Then we can start all over again. :D

[Edited by VolunteerGeneral on 9-5-02 4:37P]

• 2 weeks later...

they could go back to the way things were back in the early 70's and beyond.a team i played for went 10-0 regular season and didn't make the playoffs because some other teams in their region played one or two bigger schools during the regular season and knocked us out of the playoffs.they used a point system back then,and sometimes your conference had maybe three class "a" schools you had to play in order to win your conference.the rest were class "aa"or "aaa".but those class "a" schools that you had to play lowered you down in your points, so you could go 10-0 and still not make the playoffs.by the way my school was class "a" along with two other schools.i think the way things are now are ok,but i don't know if the private schools could @@@@ up enough points to get into the playoffs under that system,they would really have to play up to get enough points to get into the playoffs being most of them are in the areas of middle tennessee.the public schools in 1-a wouldn't have as hard a time getting in.they would have to beat a couple of 4-a schools or maybe 3-a to get in plus beat all in their respective region.say if a school like ezell played all their 1-a opponents plus a couple of 2-a schools,then a school like cpa,in another conference,but same region played all their 1-a opponents then a 2-a then a 3-a.the say another school down the road in another conference but same region played all their 1-a opponents plus a couple of 4-a schools and all three schools went 10-0 well then the school down the road and cpa would get into the playoffs and ezell would be left out.i hope they don't go back to the way things were back in the 70's because it would be hard for a lot of good teams to get into the playoffs.