Top 5 coaches in east TENN.

hsbaseball

U must have not knew him when he coached the Knox Stars.quote]

This post is supposed to talk about top 5 coaches in East TN. Someone makes a suggestion just like everyone else, and you bash one coach. Why can't you bash them all? Must be because that one coach beat you or something. Or your name is not being tossed around as a good coach. I don't understand. Another person ranked him as well, but you did not say something about that. If you want to talk bad about coaches, start a post.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your apparant dislike for Coach Guinn (not Quinn)!! has nothing to do with the fact that he is a proven coach and winner at every level he has coached. Most of the great coaches do have a bit of arrogance(confidence) about them. Obviously you are either: a) a disgrunted coach/parent who couldn't beat Coach Guinn or /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> a player who was never asked or invited to play for the STARS and Coach Guinn. In either case, you are making yourself sound like a childish whiner. Maybe you should go back to Colonial Heights and help that program become the kind of dynasty that Coach Guinn built for the Stars, Anderson County, and now Pigeon Forge.

Coach Guinn definitely deserves to be considered as one of the best HS coaches.

My top 5

1. Pharr (Farragut)

2. Norman (Seymour)

3. Davis (Gibbs)

4. Guinn (Pigeon Forge)

5. Buckner (Bearden)

Have a good day!

Agreed, these are five very good coaches.

Agreed, these are five very good coaches.

Maby its not always the coach maby its the players and the parents. Without the dedication it would be tough. I agree that some coaches get better results than others. In Pigeon forges case I know of no less than six players five seniors and one junior that have been together since they were ten. They were coached by coach Traywick and Cannon. At least three seniors have had three coaches in four years, and still have been very successfull. I hardly think that there is a dynasty after two years. I think that you still have to have the players in order to get to the top as a coach. All those coaches are good but, without the talent around them where would they be ?

MCHS / Baseball - Steven Roberts

MCHS / Basketball - Chuck Keef

SPHS / Basketball - Tim Adams

Coach Roberts may have the reputation as every players/parents nightmare but, he is a darn good coach. He is hard and his team wins! What more needs to be said? Do I need to post the schools playing record?

LIES!!! Farragut doesn't have 2,500 kids anymore....

why does it matter, anyone who wanted to play baseball would pick to go to farragut instead of leaving to go to hardin valley in the years you got to choose. i've always wondered where pharr would be without the pheifers, thorsons, coopers, delmonicos, stallings, and powells. Such big time talent, its hard to compete with. How would they be without that talent? Great coach to say the least though.

I believe Mike Guinn of PF is in here. He has a record of 115-29 in 4 years of coaching and is 9-1 so far this year. That is impressive. He may not have any district losses in 3 years as well.

Bump

Don't know exactly what came about his leaving AC but I almost wish we had him back. At least he played the best talent on the field. Not "who's your daddy".

Bump

Don't know exactly what came about his leaving AC but I almost wish we had him back. At least he played the best talent on the field. Not "who's your daddy".

You're an idiot....Just cause your little brother didn't play because he couldn't catch a fly ball don't get all hateful over the coaching staff playing kids who went 30-10 and made it to the state. OBVIOUSLY he was playing the RIGHT people their slick!!!. I think Coach Downs does a great job and is DEFINENTLY one of the top YOUNG coaches in the area. Plus if you "REMEMBER" his lineup beat Guinn last year 10-0 in the Sectional game to go to the state! So obviously he knows who to play and who not to Play.....That is just straight fact! So quit getting on here bashing people/coaches. If you think you KNOW everything.....Football or Baseball, GO Get your degree and get in COACHING!

You're an idiot....Just cause your little brother didn't play because he couldn't catch a fly ball don't get all hateful over the coaching staff playing kids who went 30-10 and made it to the state. OBVIOUSLY he was playing the RIGHT people their slick!!!. I think Coach Downs does a great job and is DEFINENTLY one of the top YOUNG coaches in the area. Plus if you "REMEMBER" his lineup beat Guinn last year 10-0 in the Sectional game to go to the state! So obviously he knows who to play and who not to Play.....That is just straight fact! So quit getting on here bashing people/coaches. If you think you KNOW everything.....Football or Baseball, GO Get your degree and get in COACHING!

Temper, temper there, billybob. For your information I'm an only child. So that shoots your theory in the foot about my little brother. I have a degree. I have coached. I don't CLAIM to know everything. I just call it as I see it. Just like Coach Downs going to state with the players Mike Guinn put in place. I'm not saying Coach Downs doesn't do a good job. He's young, just like you pointed out. Yeah, I REMEMBER Coach Downs taking Mike's lineup and beating Mike in his first year at PF. Did I touch a nerve there, DADDY? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Temper, temper there, billybob. For your information I'm an only child. So that shoots your theory in the foot about my little brother. I have a degree. I have coached. I don't CLAIM to know everything. I just call it as I see it. Just like Coach Downs going to state with the players Mike Guinn put in place. I'm not saying Coach Downs doesn't do a good job. He's young, just like you pointed out. Yeah, I REMEMBER Coach Downs taking Mike's lineup and beating Mike in his first year at PF. Did I touch a nerve there, DADDY? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Big Man.....you're not making any sense? Your first post said the coach was playing players that didn't need to be playing? The coach just played them because of their daddy? That's were I dissagreed. Because they went to state....now you're saying that the coach played the players Mike brought in ? I agree with that! Who wouldn't play them as a coach....theyre good. What arguement are you trying to make? However, he obviously is playing the right kids because the only player left that Guinn brought in is York this year. (Rorex out for year with knee). Therefore its all TRUE AC guys and I think they are something like 12-3 so obviously someone is doing something RIGHT! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Player of the Year is selected from the state championship team. Mr. Baseball is selected from all teams. 
    • Coach you have a nice prize to wear!         https://fb.watch/sawAhYWhgj/   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=79!  24011444328424&set=p.7924011444328424&type=3&av=100001589421439&eav=AfadioohtnZNQy-vVnXq06az2GqJPZy3Y9joqOBQqRFGvkVtD2OI7pZhcBy6ixvhG0w&__cft__[0]=AZVNVV5aVzYZ_AMN0gXeHg_JX-gQ7BCacySYGzQG6E7y92gjlBNFlwTT7g_zHH4dbQb9gsKNs5PWEMVTtmCD5FSopv-E7B4CB6qqQFHNCpNZI7JhMJFoJobnRhip-goK8lAHPw2sCJowK0o7uUpF1CEllHEmS5PaKfIrJf4vCXiBCdfUS0OMqZf7zpWsQjCfOGM0QjysLp8ynDd7-dpedtiC6KPF37hKkRM9iG4DrSpvxQ&__tn__=R]-R
    • The people need our help!
    • Lol when was last time they won region or got past the 3 rd round. 
    • Gravedigger gotta finish filling the hole before hitting 40 East. May need a new Yellow Shirt play signaler on the Stones. And apparently a new strength coach now. Cicadas must've got shaken out of the bushes in Donelson. Hopefully the mower man sticks around to keep DG field looking pristine. Maybe new OC can call in a favor to his PGA friends that knows a thing or two about being green during the season. The heat is on soon. Bring in the 2 way freak Iceman and cool things off. He knows a thing or 2 about wildcats. Gotta take our talents South soon for Nationals. Don't step on my blue suede shoes.