How was the officiating on day 1?

etownsparky

I didn't see any of the games today, so can someone that did comment on the officiating. How was it? Personally, I was disappointed to see that H. Henson is representing Region 1. We have several better options to choose from. IMO he's mediocre at best. He has an attitude as well. You know, the typical arrogant attitude of "I've never missed a call in my life so how dare you question my discretion or competency." BTW, I saw several of the Girls' games last week and the Region 1 delegate, Compton, represented well.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched all the Single A games and all were pretty good except for the Temple/Cloudland matchup. The refs were horrible. Didn't have a dog in the race. There was at least 3 times, a ref was cohersed into making a late bad call. IF YOU'RE GONNA CALL IT, CALL IT. IF YOUR NOT, DON'T.

I watched all the singla a games today as well. One thing I appreciated was that the referees did let the boys play for the most part and did not call a bunch of silly touch fouls. There seemed to be an unusual amount of charges called today. Was it just my imagination?

I watched all the singla a games today as well. One thing I appreciated was that the referees did let the boys play for the most part and did not call a bunch of silly touch fouls. There seemed to be an unusual amount of charges called today. Was it just my imagination?

There were definitely more charges called today than I'm used to. I think that's a sign that the players have more of desire to do what it takes to win the game now that the gold ball and the season are on the line. 2 players that I saw do prob the best job stepping in and "taking one for the team" were jonathon brown for grace baptist and buckner for manassas. these 2 guys combined for 9 charges taken! These are players willing to do what it takes...and good calls by the refs too ha

There were definitely more charges called today than I'm used to. I think that's a sign that the players have more of desire to do what it takes to win the game now that the gold ball and the season are on the line. 2 players that I saw do prob the best job stepping in and "taking one for the team" were jonathon brown for grace baptist and buckner for manassas. these 2 guys combined for 9 charges taken! These are players willing to do what it takes...and good calls by the refs too ha

better than CHEATanooga /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Buckner was very good flopper, wasn't he? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Every State Tourney that I have attended has been like this. It seems that the refs only know to call charge and not the blocking call. I hope White Station and RE get the memo before tomorrow because their guards will be coming to the goal at every opportunity. The players and coaches for all teams will need to adjust