White Station/Raleigh Egypt

terop

HAHA I got you. I love the fact that they run and gun, but they're a solid team. Should be a barn burner then because believe me, that's all RE wants to do. Gentry and Jones will have a field day with a couple of highlights. Good luck

THANKS alot! And yeah we have more than just David and Brice(Sharp), we play very UNselfish ball. I don't know ANYTHING about RE except what I saw tonight, so if they play like us...whoo, it WILL be a good one! I talked to David a minute ago and he said the same thing you did hahaha he said all the tapes they've watched RE does play fast like us and our boys can't wait! I hope I can sleep tonight I am so hyped... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that haven't had the chance to see these two teams, come on out to the Boro tomorrow night. Joe Jackson is a real talent and "ARGUABLY" the best player in TN right now. RE has two excellent fearless guards in Gentry Hines and the very underated Anthony Jones. I am anxious to see Bearden also. They come in with a lot of hype so I really want to see them myself.

I THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE LAST YEAR THOUGHT JOE JACKSON WAS THE BEST PLAYER IN TENN AS A SOPHMORE. HOW DID HE LOOK IN THE QUARTERS?

GENTRY HINES LOOKED GOOD BUT THE COACH HAD HIM OUT AT QUESTIONABLE TIMES. HINES IS SUPER QUICK.

I THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE LAST YEAR THOUGHT JOE JACKSON WAS THE BEST PLAYER IN TENN AS A SOPHMORE. HOW DID HE LOOK IN THE QUARTERS?

GENTRY HINES LOOKED GOOD BUT THE COACH HAD HIM OUT AT QUESTIONABLE TIMES. HINES IS SUPER QUICK.

Yea but Beech slowed him a little with that zone. He showed flashes when he made a few quick moves in the zone for some nice pull ups. Joe Jackson was unstoppable tonight. Their is really nothing else to be said about his performance today. He had the top 5 highlights of the day by himself.

Well it will DEFF. be a great game that I can't wait to see!! And you're right we (WV) do like to run and gun that's just how we play our best game, so it should be a show down. BUT...If Ware is on and Sharp plays like he did today I just don't see RE comin away with a victory, we just have too many weapons....just my oppinion!:) (I am a lil bias cause David Ware is my son /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> )

It's good to see a father support his son but don't ignore the fact that Memphis produces the best basketball in the state. For Your Information Raleigh-Egypt is a powerhouse! How did you not know that????? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Gentry is one of the best point guards in the state and Anthony Jones Jr. is super atheletic and loves to get on the rim!!! So, y'all better be ready. Oh, yeah, I forgot Reggie Fondren is playing again so don't judge them off of one game.

Some of these posts make me wonder where you people come from. White Station is THE powerhouse in Tennessee, hands down. They've won half the championships played this decade. They came in confident and handled business. They won't get "too" confident. That's just stupid. They know what it takes to get the job done. They're always at the top and they play the toughest schedule in the State year-in-year-out. They won't be "too" confident, but they will indeed be confident enough, and they'll bring their A-game.

Now, Raleigh-Egypt. They've been to Murfreesboro almost every single year this decade(some in Class AA), but they have no gold balls to show for it. I think Coach Adams has some type of curse on him. But I really believe this is the year they'll break the jinx.

Hey, Firestone, true enought White Station is a powerhouse but they haven't won any rings since Coach Tippet left for ECS and that was the 2003-2004 season. Coach Tippet made that team into what it was. The year after Tippet left, 2004-2005, during J.P. Prince's senior year they were not very good at all. They had got handled by Fairley in the City game. White Station still has a reputation and the refs still give them bogus calls up to this point but Patino is no Tippet.

Raleigh-Egypt is also a powerhouse!!! Coach Adams just hasn't got a good break but when you've won so many City, District, Region, and Sectional titles no one is going to doubt you. Once again, Good Luck Coach Adams!

It's good to see a father support his son but don't ignore the fact that Memphis produces the best basketball in the state. For Your Information Raleigh-Egypt is a powerhouse! How did you not know that????? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Gentry is one of the best point guards in the state and Anthony Jones Jr. is super atheletic and loves to get on the rim!!! So, y'all better be ready. Oh, yeah, I forgot Reggie Fondren is playing again so don't judge them off of one game.

HAHAHAHA first of all I am David Ware's MOM!! And I have heard about 3 or 4 "BEST PG IN THE STATE" can you PLEASE tell me WHO IS REALLY the best PG??? Numbers and reps don't mean nothin when it comes game time, and I'm not sayin they are not a good team, but it takes more than 1 or 2 players to beat 5!! Let me guess....you are from the WEST?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

HAHAHAHA first of all I am David Ware's MOM!! And I have heard about 3 or 4 "BEST PG IN THE STATE" can you PLEASE tell me WHO IS REALLY the best PG??? Numbers and reps don't mean nothin when it comes game time, and I'm not sayin they are not a good team, but it takes more than 1 or 2 players to beat 5!! Let me guess....you are from the WEST?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Joe Jackson is by far the best point guard in the state, as well in the nation. As a junior, he is ranked as one of the top class of 2010 college prospects, and has alraedy recieved offers from major D 1 schools. The difference between Joe Jackson & other guards is that he can get to the rim and finsh, great passer, and he can shoot. He has all the tools that's why he is a great guard.

Hey, Firestone, true enought White Station is a powerhouse but they haven't won any rings since Coach Tippet left for ECS and that was the 2003-2004 season. Coach Tippet made that team into what it was. The year after Tippet left, 2004-2005, during J.P. Prince's senior year they were not very good at all. They had got handled by Fairley in the City game. White Station still has a reputation and the refs still give them bogus calls up to this point but Patino is no Tippet.

Raleigh-Egypt is also a powerhouse!!! Coach Adams just hasn't got a good break but when you've won so many City, District, Region, and Sectional titles no one is going to doubt you. Once again, Good Luck Coach Adams!

*sigh*

I know all the stats you mention, and if you've ever seen me post on this site, you should've probably figured that out. They "weren't very good at all" in Prince's senior year and they got handled by Fairley in the City game? Must've been pretty good to MAKE IT TO THE CITY GAME. Last I checked, you had to be the regular season district leader to do that. Prince and Cunningham were a pretty lethal combination that season. I mentioned that Raleigh-Egypt has been in the State Tournament pretty much every year this decade. I think that qualifies as implying they are a powerhouse. So, I know that. But they haven't gotten the big one, and haven't even made the title game in AAA. I think yesterday was just their 2nd tournament win in AAA. Streak's gotta end sometime though. I think this is the year.

Come on man REALLY?? You HONESTLY think RE will beat Walker Valley? Was you at any of the games today? The radio does no justice....Walker Valley wasn't even at the top of their game (Ware was off) and still proved a point so I KNOW they will be ready tomorrow!! I stayed for the RE and Beech game and I was NOT impressed! We shall see /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

All this talk about RE and White Station. RE didn't impress anyone from Middle TN left in the fight! Clarksville NE pounded Beech by 12 or better this year and RE barely beat them by playing the stall game to get Beech out of that 1-3-1. Which lets me know RE wasnt getting up and down the court that fast or they would have gotten back before Beech could set up that barbaric defense. White Station is a good team with two good scorers...Hall and Jackson and they have lost 6 games this year so that lets anybody with common sense know they can be beaten. Now let's talk about that quiet team out of Clarksville. They pounded the Beast from the East in the 4th quarter and their season leading scorer only had 5 points. Clarksville NE bench is deep with up and coming talent that thrive on coming off the bench. The starting 5 for NE are all scorers and none of them are selfish. They play very well together and fight till the end. I wouldn't count those Eagles out just yet being that White Station is very dependent on two players for scoring. Hall is gonna have his work cut out for him with two 6'9" and 6'7" inside players that don't give up easy baskets. I hope Hall is a great freethrow shooter or he is in for a long night. Those two starting bigs for NE is not all they have. They have two more juniors coming off the bench at 6"5" respectively that come in a cause havoc. Don't plan that big matchup in the finals without including Clarksville NE just yet! If my memory serves me correctly, NE leading scorer hasn't had to back to back bad nights this year, so whomever guarding him better lace those sneakers up tight and bring his A+ game tonight! GO EAGLES...silent but deadly!

All this talk about RE and White Station. RE didn't impress anyone from Middle TN left in the fight! Clarksville NE pounded Beech by 12 or better this year and RE barely beat them by playing the stall game to get Beech out of that 1-3-1. Which lets me know RE wasnt getting up and down the court that fast or they would have gotten back before Beech could set up that barbaric defense. White Station is a good team with two good scorers...Hall and Jackson and they have lost 6 games this year so that lets anybody with common sense know they can be beaten. Now let's talk about that quiet team out of Clarksville. They pounded the Beast from the East in the 4th quarter and their season leading scorer only had 5 points. Clarksville NE bench is deep with up and coming talent that thrive on coming off the bench. The starting 5 for NE are all scorers and none of them are selfish. They play very well together and fight till the end. I wouldn't count those Eagles out just yet being that White Station is very dependent on two players for scoring. Hall is gonna have his work cut out for him with two 6'9" and 6'7" inside players that don't give up easy baskets. I hope Hall is a great freethrow shooter or he is in for a long night. Those two starting bigs for NE is not all they have. They have two more juniors coming off the bench at 6"5" respectively that come in a cause havoc. Don't plan that big matchup in the finals without including Clarksville NE just yet! If my memory serves me correctly, NE leading scorer hasn't had to back to back bad nights this year, so whomever guarding him better lace those sneakers up tight and bring his A+ game tonight! GO EAGLES...silent but deadly!

HAHA all I will say is we will see in a minute...

For those of you that haven't had the chance to see these two teams, come on out to the Boro tomorrow night. Joe Jackson is a real talent and "ARGUABLY" the best player in TN right now. RE has two excellent fearless guards in Gentry Hines and the very underated Anthony Jones. I am anxious to see Bearden also. They come in with a lot of hype so I really want to see them myself.

Bearden lost to Oak Ridge in the Region Finals last year with this same team. This time around Clarksville N.E. punched their ticket two games farther along in the tourney. Bearden had a good team this year and should be proud of their season. But they weren't the best team in history to come thru ET. Coaching is and has been problematic in big games where the other team has half a chance. In this year's region final, Bearden was jacking up 3s with a couple of minutes to go leading by 40. Running up the score on a team that is completely outmanned in terms of size shows a lack of class. Ironically, Bearden ended its game with NE by jacking them up at the end just to try and get back into the game. Clang.

Raleigh Egypt and White Station are the cream of the AAA crop with Walker Valley close behind. Too bad only one of them will win and my money is on White Station and the amazing Joe Jackson. Hopefully he will be a little more mature on court tonight than he was in the game against Red Bank.