Giles County's offense

MikeWinchell

these guys need to quit being babies....their are always "what if" scenarios. i agree on the running game, between wallace and houston(who will in my opinion overshadow bo this season) running the ball who needs a passing game.

FINALLY somebody understands that rico is through at giles county...thank you /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

when you say "rico " are you taking about Taylor at Richland? There is a thread about Richland under the 1A 2A Football message board. Looks like people are finally taking a stand to try to get rid of that man--long overdue.

Maybe a what I thought could have been a surprise for GC could be an even better surprise for Richland. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Richland would have played them back in their hay day of the late 80's, I am confident they would have beaten G.C. The coaching of G.C. from the early 80's till Smith took back over was plain terrible. Because of the coaching, I don't blame the Wallace kids dad taking him to G.C. instead of Richland.

well I got all excited and thought Rico was Ricky at Richland--sorry folks. Then I see you guys talking about Bo Wallace leaving Richland because of Taylor and got excited again. I don't blame Wallace for taking his son away from there either-if more parents took a stand like he did then the losses Richland suffers could be justified but because good players stay there and they still lose, there is no justification or excuse for Taylor. sorry for getting away from your GC topics. I;ll go back to the boring Richland topic on the other page and wait for some kind of "surprise" about them getting a new coach.

• 4 weeks later...

I found out the kids name that is one of the assistant coaches. Hickman is his last name. They said he was a pure athlete when he was in H.S. If I remember correctly, it was said that he was brought in to take over the H.C. position in something like one to two years.

Richland just has alot of problems going on up there. Bringing in former players hasn't been good for the school either. Look at G.C. girls Basketball. The Hannah boy wasn't really any good when he played in H.S. and his coaching was just a disaster waiting to happen. Back in the 80's was the hey day for Richland. After they were moved out of Region 6A and into 5A, they could win because the schools were smaller; Therefore less talent. Plus, Clark was a heck of a recruiter.

wesley hickman is his name,and his brother corey is an assistant at giles co. both of them were outstanding atheletes.i could be wrong but if i remember correctly corey was invited to try out for the atlanta braves after he graduated high school.look for both of them to be head coaches someday hopefully at richland.i disagree look what scott hannah did do he helped giles co. in 2003 as an assistant to billy holt win the state title something they should have done the next two years.when scott hannah took over the girls team he was just trying to polish a turd.he had no chance.they have named the gym after hardin and mayfield billy holt brought in more money to that gym and more championships appearances than hardin did so where is his respect?

• 2 months later...

wesley hickman is his name,and his brother corey is an assistant at giles co. both of them were outstanding atheletes.i could be wrong but if i remember correctly corey was invited to try out for the atlanta braves after he graduated high school.look for both of them to be head coaches someday hopefully at richland.i disagree look what scott hannah did do he helped giles co. in 2003 as an assistant to billy holt win the state title something they should have done the next two years.when scott hannah took over the girls team he was just trying to polish a turd.he had no chance.they have named the gym after hardin and mayfield billy holt brought in more money to that gym and more championships appearances than hardin did so where is his respect?

Just because you were an athlete does not make you a great coach. Is Cory even a teacher ( not that it matters anymore). Did Wesley play football? I know both were good baseball players. Anyway Coach Hannah gat the shaft he had to see it coming when they brought in Shelia Frost for his asst. He is a class A guy either way. All of this talk of coaching doesnt matter Taylor will leave when he is ready, it has to be his choice. They dont care if he wins, If they did he would not still be there.

• 2 months later...
GC played well in a previous game when it was raining, so I dont see that being an issue, although, I do know that if the offensive line continues to block like they did in the 2nd half of the Page game we will be in trouble in the playoffs. kudos to their coaching staff! I think GC needs another deep threat along with ZB.

I agree the weather was not the deciding factor in the page game. Page coaches did an excellent job with their defensive game plan and our offensive line couldn't give our quarterback time to do anything.