Vote for Pre-Season ALL-STATE TEAM

Guest knoxcatholic

Guest knoxcatholic

There have been some changes in the top 5 in a couple of the classifications - Keep voting at knoxcatholic@hotmail.com

AAA

Kellen Pickel Bradley Central

Lee Humphrey Maryville

Justin Hare Bradley County

Nick Bradley Science Hill

Cedrik Dozier, Brainerd (TIE)

Ben Britt Red Bank (TIE)

Juan Smith McMinn, Forward (TIE)

AA

Roddy Dotson Walker Valley

Sir Lee Mason Howard

Montrell Crittendon Dyer Co.

Corey Brewer Portland

Mark Riden McMinn Central (TIE)

Brandon Harriford Hume-Fogg (TIE)

A

Jacob Skogan Tn Temple

Ryan Wadley Tn Temple

Rusty Chambers Unaka.

Jonathan Cook Chatt. Christian

Rocky Nichols Hancock Co.

Keep voting at knoxcatholic@hotmail.com

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest knoxcatholic

gomab2 is right - I didn't realize it but all these AAA guys are from east tn - why aren't you "power houses" I keep reading about from west and central tn not voting for your boys? If they deserve a vote from Nashville to the Mississippi River vote for them at knoxcatholic@hotmail.com (don't leave a deserving player out"

Because the top AAA players are all from east Tennessee doesn't necessarily mean that they are not deserving. I agree that this is somewhat of a popularity contest but in A and AAA the players all all very deserving. I think on anybody's top ten list (except for Gomab's) anyone that has seen the players named would have them. I would place money that the AAA players should be in the top ten and so are the A ones. Gomab's list has all these in the top 25 though I don't agree with all the placements of them. I am sure that middle and west Tennessee has some players just as good as Humphry, Hare, Pickel, Smith, Bradley, Dozier, Britt, but I don't think they can be any better than these. And I think that Chambers and Skogan more than proved their worth last year. So what I am saying is that you can vote for your favorite players on here, but so far the favorites are also some of the best ball players in the state. I would bet my money on them.

"I am sure that middle and west Tennessee has some players just as good as Humphry, Hare, Pickel, Smith, Bradley, Dozier, Britt, but I don't think they can be any better than these."-from Nick32

Middle and West Tn has some players??? Yes, you have named some very good players, all of which I consistently give a lot of credit to, but.....

Check out seniors

-Kenyonna Swader

-Marc Gasol

-Antjuan Koger

-Marcus Hammond

-Montrelle Crittendon

-Wadele Williams

-Brian Fisk

-Dane Bradshaw

and Juniors

-Jerrell Houston

-Shaune Williams

-Charles Hampton

-Andre Allen

-Shane Dansby

-Frank Holmes

-Barry Gardner

-Henry Harris

-LaBrian Lyons

-Ronald Taylor

-Tyler Smith (soph)

The list just goes on and on..............IT'S A FACT: WEST AND MIDDLE TN TALENT DOMINATE EAST TN TALENT :D:(:(

To Gomab: Just wondering how many of the players you have seen play high school ball or are the players put on your list because of aau. The ones I saw on your list are good. I don't know some of the players. Jujuan Smith is very very very talented. There is nobody else on his team so he has to do it all. Sometimes that makes him not look as good but sometimes it makes him look even better than he is in the stats because he has to do all the scoring. I think the same thing with Lee Humphreys. He is very good too but his stats are even better because nobody else does much. Wadley and Skogan have to share the points, assists, and rebounds. If you judge by stats, then that makes them not look as good. BUT they did direct their team to a state championship last year. Hare and Pickel-- same story. They got a lot of glory because they were surrounded by great players, but they did not have the impressive stats because they shared with other good players. Again, they directed their teams to a state tournament game. Will they be able to do that this year? When you look at how good a player is look and see how he performs agains the good teams. Not all players play aau.

Guest knoxcatholic

Final Teams Set to come out THIS FRIDAY - Since voting is starting to slack off - I didn't want to just drop this thread since so many have voted. I'm going to post the final FAN PRE-SEASON ALL STATE TEAM for A, AA, AAA (then you may discuss away.) If you haven't voted or want to try to get your teammate - kid - or yourself in it's not to late you have one more day. Please vote at knoxcatholic@hotmail.com - TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE EVEN IF THEY DON'T USE COACHT.com (which I couldn't imagine that) Including West and Middle Tennessee

[Edited by knoxcatholic on 9-25-02 2:55P]

Guest knoxcatholic

First of all let me thank everyone that voted. I know this was just a fan vote, but what does it matter. Fans pay to watch these player perform - so why shouldn't they be allowed to vote for what they think is top performers in the State of Tennessee. Again thanks to everyone that voted at knoxcatholic@hotmail.com

A

Jacob Skogan Tn Temple

Ryan Wadley Tn Temple

Rusty Chambers, Unaka.

Jonathan Cook, Chatt. Christian

Jamar Jenkins, Forrest (TIE)

Rocky Nichols, Hancock Co. (TIE)

AA

Sir Lee Mason Howard

Montrell Crittendon Dyer Co.

Tyler Smith Giles Co.

Daniel Singleton, Rutledge

Andre Allen Booker T. Washington (TIE)

Rickey Harper- Howard (TIE)

Brian Fisk Dyer Co. (TIE)

Corey Brewer , Portland (TIE)

Wadelle Williams, Columbia (TIE)

Kellen Pickel Bradley Central

Lee Humphrey Maryville

Justin Hare Bradley County

Nick Bradley Science Hill

Cedrik Dozier, Brainerd (TIE)

Ben Britt Red Bank (TIE)

Juan Smith, McMinn (TIE)

Marcus Hammond, Memphis East (TIE)

Again thanks to everyone who voted. If you need anything anytime just email me at knoxcatholic@hotmail.com

How many of these can actually make all state? Is it possible for two from the same teams to make all state like Wadley and Skogan or like Hare and Pickel? Do you have to play on a good team to make all state because that wouldn't be fair to Juan Smith or Ben Britt. I think all these guys are good players and maybe shold all be all state in regular season.