TCA HUNTINGDON

Deltafarce2k7

Actually what you were saying is that Trinity won't have the luxury of having two stellar pitchers next year for single elimination tournaments. What the other poster was saying is that Anna has already shown she can hold her own against good teams this year. There's no reason to think that she can't do just as well next. Brooke is an awesome pitcher, and no one is taking away from her that she went the whole tournament. Huntingdon will go as far as she can take them.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my opinion that none of these girls are the caliber of pitchers that Ivy Ellen Brooke and toby and Tera were and are in their Junior and Senior Year.....therfore.....pitching will be weaker. It is a discredit to say that freshman girls can pick up where five major signed pitchers left off.........unless you are Ivy or Ellen at that age. If it happened everyday we wouldn't miss our All- Americans like riverdale. Two pitchers of that caliber are better than one and the odds of them going to same school is not great. They won;t want to share time. Sisters are different. COvington will have sisters next year. They will be young but still. It will help things a great deal. Travel teams have at least 3 big pitchers......to play in tournmantst otherwise it doesnt matter. One will do. You get rest. That's all I said. Not about the season. Not about the pitcher.....about single elimination tournaments with one ace pitcher is hard to win. Period....Brooke had to pitch all day. She was worn out. There wasnt another one of her to put in.....the others are not as experienced. THis was tourney talk not game for game. Game for game is a different ballgame. Its just strategy...not about young pitchers. Seniors are just stronger and smarter......that's simple. So ALL I SAID WAS IT WAS NICE TO HAVE TWO SENIOR JUNIOR PITCHERS SIGNED ......that wont change next year for these teams probably. Ivy and ELlen were not the norm.........which is what makes them so special.

Please don't be so defensive, I did not say that Anna was a better pitcher than Ivy,Ellen or Brooke at her current age. But she is a very good accomplished pitcher in her own right. She has done very well this year in HS & did very well in Middle school were she pitched her middle school team to (2) middle school championships with out either one of her sisters being on the team.

I also think that if one of her sisters would have been unable to pitch this past weekend that she would have easily been able to pitch the games early in the tournament then having the older sister for the later rounds-thats strategy.

She would have easily held off FACS,Hickman Co. & JCS just like she did against Chester Co. on Thursday night who is a much better team than either of those three. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is TCA playing in the Riverdale Tournament? Sure hope so. ( if the weathers doesn't get this one also!) /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Yep go to riverdale softball it is posted ...... I wasnt be defensive......tournaments different but sure with one other girl....Lauren Rydale creamed everyone in middle school but she is still young....and senior girls are just big.....and I am a biig fan.........but she isnt IVY ELLEN OR BROOOKE OR TOBIE and I do think she will be before it is over with......young girls make freshman mistakes....even Trinity freshman.

Actually what you were saying is that Trinity won't have the luxury of having two stellar pitchers next year for single elimination tournaments. What the other poster was saying is that Anna has already shown she can hold her own against good teams this year. There's no reason to think that she can't do just as well next. Brooke is an awesome pitcher, and no one is taking away from her that she went the whole tournament. Huntingdon will go as far as she can take them.

Thay is what I was saying except I think that Anna will be good but not as good as Ivy next year...and then Ellen graduates.......only in single elimination tournaments........otherwise it is anyone's game. That's all......Summer Cross can pitch as well and she can basically so it all......Still......You will miss Ivy. That's a good thing.....not a bad one. Good luck in Riverdale......I guess SBEC and Trinty only west tn teams....

Thay is what I was saying except I think that Anna will be good but not as good as Ivy next year...and then Ellen graduates.......only in single elimination tournaments........otherwise it is anyone's game. That's all......Summer Cross can pitch as well and she can basically so it all......Still......You will miss Ivy. That's a good thing.....not a bad one. Good luck in Riverdale......I guess SBEC and Trinty only west tn teams....

Anna will be as good as Anna will be & that will probably be pretty darn good.

As for Summer, I don't think she even pitches for her travel team.

Anna will be as good as Anna will be & that will probably be pretty darn good.

As for Summer, I don't think she even pitches for her travel team.

......Summer is an awesome player...First Team SBW tournament....What an honor....She can pitch. That child can do it all. She runs like a lepard. I would think that would be a great thing.......MANY starting pitchers at high school do not pitch much for their travel ball team or at least start.....they play another position. THE WHOLE POINT FOR THIS. Travel teams NEED many girls that can pitch. Summer plays center and second and for the other one she played short and pitched if needed. Just thought SUmmer should be mentioned as well. She works HARD.I dont doubt Anna will be great. She like Lauren and Summer just have a few years to get there....to greatness. IVY BROOKE AND ELLEN can enjoy greatness now! My daughter is forced to catch for her high school but she plays short for travel.....we just dont have a catcher. The best catcher catches and she is not the best. Just the demon of the game.....She also bats 4th high school but not travel. Just a different game. Our ace pitcher travels and is the 4th pitcher on her travel ball team. Just be glad you have power on the pitching arena...most don't. GO Fillies! Relax Trinity will do well.