The crowd was terrible this year (Is it just me?)

nebuntyn

Oh sure. I think that all the post season tournaments are watered down. Half the field in each district gets to move on. I figured that was about $$$$$. I was just coming up with a solution so that the same amount of games could be played in a shorter time frame. Heck, add a 'Hall of Fame' game at the beginning of football and basketball post season to bring in the revenue and then get on with the playoffs. As is, 64 teams in each classification qualify for post season. Many with subpar records. The field could easily be cut to 32 without blinking. The point is that, for whatever reason, the basketball post season drags on forever and for no reason. An 8 team tournament can be played in a week. Go to the next 8 team tournament and so on. Instead we played Monday through Monday in our district, waited until Saturday to play the first region game when we could have been playing the region finals, muddled through another week to get to substate, sat on our hands for a week while the girls played and then started the boys state on a Wednesday? I just think it would be easy to condense that time frame by about 2 weeks.

Football gets the same result in one more week playing one game a week. Nothing wrong with that picture?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis teams have rarely brought many fans. The small teams seem to bring the most fans.

Yeah, I've heard that before and this year I saw it in person. This was my first trip to state to see Coach Adams and Raleigh-Egypt play and it was so quiet in the gym at times during the game. In Memphis this game would have been SOLD OUT!!!!! There has been speculation that the TSSAA is planning on moving the tournament to Memphis because MTSU charges them so much money to hold it there. It only makes sense since Memphis has the largest venue. There shouldn't be too much opposition to that.

Yeah, I've heard that before and this year I saw it in person. This was my first trip to state to see Coach Adams and Raleigh-Egypt play and it was so quiet in the gym at times during the game. In Memphis this game would have been SOLD OUT!!!!! There has been speculation that the TSSAA is planning on moving the tournament to Memphis because MTSU charges them so much money to hold it there. It only makes sense since Memphis has the largest venue. There shouldn't be too much opposition to that.

MEMPHIS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Who wants to go to Memphis. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Larger venue w/ smaller crowds. That make sense. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

MEMPHIS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Who wants to go to Memphis. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Larger venue w/ smaller crowds. That make sense. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You sound ignorant. People would rather come here than Murfreesboro. Theames would be played at the FedEx Forum. Do you know how packed that would be??? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />