West Tn Softball

wad

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who doesn't think Westview has some great players is just fooling themselves. They have an excellent team and two very good pitchers. Here is a list of some in rural West Tenn that I think are pretty talented:

Bolivar- Keaton Kirk

Camden- Amanda Brandenburg, Morgan Fowler

Chester Co.- Katie Hall, Courtney Warren

Crockett Co.- Brooke Privett

Covington- Sarah Cousar, CJ Browder, Autumn Glenn

Dyer Co.- Paige French

Huntingdon- Brooke Thomas, Deidra Jordan

JCS- Brittny Johnson, Lauren Allen

Lexington- Shalese Arnold, Alex Weatherly, Niya Sparks

McNairy- Caroline George

Milan- Alex Williams, Ashley Fuller

Ripley- Mercedes Norfolk

South Side- Kohnley Wade

South Fulton- Marina Barclay, Hailey McKinney

USJ- Katie Beth Fesmire, Lauren Riddel

Wesview- Shaylon Robb, Shanna Chappell, Sam Geisler

Disclaimer: I left Trinity's players off cause I know some of them and their parents. Also, this post wasn't intended as a slight to any of these girls' teammates. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good list. I will add the Trinity players plus one

The Renfroe's

Shelby Cummings

Nat. Nelson

Haley Elliott

Also From North Side

Kristen Rast

many more could be on the list. But these are the one who stand out to me.

Westview has a team full of them

Jenna Hazelwood - Best 2B in West Tennessee, no one can ever compare to her defense, hits from both sides of the plate

Shanna Chappell - Without the speed of a Brooke Thomas or Ivy Renfroe and still consistent over the last 3 years

Shaylon Robb - Sub .5 ERA and hits over .330 with some pop in the bat

Kelly Gaston - OF - Bunts better than anyone else I know of and continues to beat people with it and has been consistent at the top of Westview's lineup

Sam Giesler - Great overall player and could play almost any position and when it's a big game she takes care of business defensively and offensively

Ashley Bynum - 1B - over .400BA and performs day in and day out

Time to start giving this group more credit. Potentially 3 years in a row at the state, there has to be something to it. All of these other kids are worthy of the praise but it's time to start mentioning these kids as well. Someone prove otherwise.

Lets not forget center fielder Grace Ann Swaim, she gets more recognition for basketball. She has hit a few out this year, and she is solid in her defense out there. She is a first year player, and catcher McKenzie Norris, she can throw just about anyone out when they run on her, heck of an arm, and in clutch situations her bat has been good this year also. Defensively I'd put them on the field with anybody. If their bats all get going at the same time they wreck havoc on other teams. Top to bottom this is a solid team, not just two or three doing it all, everyone contributes and that is why this team is so good. Good Luck next week in Murfreesboro.