Official Dekalb Co. 09 football schedule

TigerPride23

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeKalb Co. beats Macon Co. 45 - 20. Big night for several DC players, but stat of the night, DeKalb ran 73 offensive plays in the game. :huh:

Scoring

1st Qtr. DC 13 - MC 12

Halftime DC 26 - MC 20

3rd Qtr. DC 32 - MC 20

Final DC 45 - MC 20

Stats

Passing

Hunter Poteete, 22 - 33, 354 yards, 5 TD, 1 INT

Rushing(40 carries - 230 yards)

Tyler Weatherby, 24 - 173 yards, 1 TD

Hunter Poteete, 9 - 32 yards

Kevin Kijanski, 4 - 15 yards

Sebastian Phillips, 2 - (-1) yards

Shane Salley, 1 - 11 yards

Receiving

Abram Edwards, 4 - 109 yards, 1 TD

Sonni Young, 5 - 87 yards, 1 TD

Travon Johnson, 2 - 45 yards,

Justin Bragg, 2 - 37 yards

Tyler Weatherby, 3 - 31 yards, 2 TD

Kevin Kijanski, 2 - 20 yards

Zach Taylor, 2 - 16 yards, 1 TD

Matthew Giles, 2 - 9 yards

Defense

Gage Brown 1 Interception returned 20 yards for TD

Matthew Giles 1 Interception

Dane Holeton 1 Interception

Kicking

Zach Taylor, 3/4 PAT

Shane Salley, 2 punts 101 yards, (1 of those punts was 61 yards)

I know this has nothing to do with football but it does concern DCHS athletics. DeKalb County High Golfer Payne Denman is currently going for his second straight Class A-AA Individual State Title in Golf. Payne brought home the State Title last year (DeKalb's first ever State Title, Team or Individual), and has recently committed to play for the University of Florida Gators next year.

After first day of TSSAA Class A-AA State Tournament DeKalb County High Golfer Payne Denman leads the field (72 total players) with a -2 under par 70. He has a 1 shot lead over Kory Webb (Christian Academy of Knoxville), and a 2 shot lead over Lee Whitehead (Christian Academy of Knoxville). Tomorrow will be the second and final day of State Tournament play.

Also from DCHS, Austin Garrett shot a +5 over par 77, and Grant James shot a +6 over par 78 on the first day.

Click on link below for Class A-AA Leaderboard

http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/Stat ... Leader.htm

Even though it's not related to football, D1, I still appreciate you mentioning it and supplying the link. Payne is quite a golfer and we're hoping he brings the title home again.

Go Tigers! As for Tiger football, let's sweep the rest of the season and get serious in the playoffs! Too bad Smith Co. is 3A and not 4A so we could have another crack at them. We really missed Abram Edwards on the field when we played them.

I know this has nothing to do with football but it does concern DCHS athletics. DeKalb County High Golfer Payne Denman is currently going for his second straight Class A-AA Individual State Title in Golf. Payne brought home the State Title last year (DeKalb's first ever State Title, Team or Individual), and has recently committed to play for the University of Florida Gators next year.

After first day of TSSAA Class A-AA State Tournament DeKalb County High Golfer Payne Denman leads the field (72 total players) with a -2 under par 70. He has a 1 shot lead over Kory Webb (Christian Academy of Knoxville), and a 2 shot lead over Lee Whitehead (Christian Academy of Knoxville). Tomorrow will be the second and final day of State Tournament play.

Also from DCHS, Austin Garrett shot a +5 over par 77, and Grant James shot a +6 over par 78 on the first day.

Click on link below for Class A-AA Leaderboard

Payne Denman Wins Class A-AA State Title in Golf.

Payne has won the State Title for the second straight season. The weather was far from perfect on Wednesday but he again shot a -2 under par 70 to win. He ended the 2 day competition shooting a -4 under par 140, which is the lowest score from any classification. It wasnt even close, as he won by 6 strokes over the second place finisher. Big Congratulations to Payne Denman. :thumb:

Class A-AA Leaderboard

Tournament results from all classifications

http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/Stat ... me.htm#A2A

Tennessean Newspaper article following conclusion of Class A-AA State Tournament. Features repeat champion Payne Denman.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091 ... golf+title

Well I would like to commend the tigers on a nice 5-3 start. Coach Trapp is an offensive guru, but who is this defensive coordinator i have been hearing so much about lately, he sure did a great job at the first of the year....Are there other coaches on staff that help? Also, AP(after poteete) will be a lot of fun for coach trapp and gang. 5-3 that against a weak schedule including losses to hixon, smith, warren who turned out to be a big dud. are really solid losses....not. Easily could have been losses to a surprising cannon team, and against york, that could have this tiger team at a nice 3-5 record probably not making the playoffs. But that is ok 20 points to macon co. isnt too bad. :roflol: Coach Trapp put up a lot of points on york and smith right 39 combined great job offensive genius. I love the adjustments yall make at half-time..wait i have never seen one at a game i have been too. Rumors are some discipline issues on the team, a couple starters miss practice, and still get to start way to set a good example for the freshman.What happened to this is the year we run deep. the tiger team of last year would have ran the table on a weak schedule like this. Trapp misses the boys of last year much more than he thought. First round play off loss this year? In all seriousness congrats to poteete and edwards and being fine players. I hear alot of this stuff i had a son play for smith co i the past and i know what good coaching is all about and have a lot of friends in alexandria in smithville that tell me all about this. great in the paper that all the tigers worry about is total yards and points after a win against an 0-7 team. my grandmother could put up that much. and i always thought d1 talent thought was trapp, but after seeing the posting of stats and articles from wjle, i believe it is john pryor voice of the tigers..

Well I would like to commend the tigers on a nice 5-3 start. Coach Trapp is an offensive guru, but who is this defensive coordinator i have been hearing so much about lately, he sure did a great job at the first of the year....Are there other coaches on staff that help? Also, AP(after poteete) will be a lot of fun for coach trapp and gang. 5-3 that against a weak schedule including losses to hixon, smith, warren who turned out to be a big dud. are really solid losses....not. Easily could have been losses to a surprising cannon team, and against york, that could have this tiger team at a nice 3-5 record probably not making the playoffs. But that is ok 20 points to macon co. isnt too bad. :roflol: Coach Trapp put up a lot of points on york and smith right 39 combined great job offensive genius. I love the adjustments yall make at half-time..wait i have never seen one at a game i have been too. Rumors are some discipline issues on the team, a couple starters miss practice, and still get to start way to set a good example for the freshman.What happened to this is the year we run deep. the tiger team of last year would have ran the table on a weak schedule like this. Trapp misses the boys of last year much more than he thought. First round play off loss this year? In all seriousness congrats to poteete and edwards and being fine players. I hear alot of this stuff i had a son play for smith co i the past and i know what good coaching is all about and have a lot of friends in alexandria in smithville that tell me all about this. great in the paper that all the tigers worry about is total yards and points after a win against an 0-7 team. my grandmother could put up that much. and i always thought d1 talent thought was trapp, but after seeing the posting of stats and articles from wjle, i believe it is john pryor voice of the tigers..

Ok Mr. Bubbles you have my attention. It appears given your previous post you are a Cannon supporter since you stated you hope Cannon ends up being the district champ. It seems you have sat down and reflected on the season thus far, and saw that the DeKalb game is what is standing in your teams way of being district champs. Then you proceeded to type this mess.

You were correct on a couple of statements though. The Tigers do miss those young men that graduated off last years team. They were a very talented group of seniors. You are also correct in saying Poteete and Edwards are fine players.

I dont know what has ruffled your feathers Mr. Bubbles but I am sure it is not the DC posters on here. The DC posters talk less trash than anyone, except Upperman who dont talk at all.

Lastly I am neither one of the men mentioned above. I do post stats and links to wjle radio website because they do a good job covering DCHS Football. I also post articles from Tennessean and Smithville Review. Just so you know I dont work for those two businesses either.